Mega Thread 'The Notorious' Conor McGregor

DazalenkoUBewty

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket Team, Port Maggies
-Siver was nothing special.
-Mendes had a 2 week camp. Was doing quite well but gassed.
-Lucky against Jose. (Great win to Conor).
-Nate 1, seriously gassed then subbed.
-Nate 2, decision could have gone either way.
-Eddie was very ordinary. (Dominant win for Conor).
-Smoked by Khabib.
20190506_211852.jpg

Fought Eddie in November 2016, then Khabib in October 2018. I really can't see Conor fighting again. Tony, Cowboy and Gaethge all get it done against him, imo, and probably in pretty devastating fashion.

I'd like him to return, but I just struggle to see it happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Echoes

Team Captain
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think Mcgregor beats Cerrone & Gaethje.
50/50 Ferguson.
At this point, with his long term financial security assured, and a new young family at home, why the hell would Conor risk his health by fighting the likes of Cerrone/Gaetje/Pettis/insert random mid ranked bum lightweight looking for a big pay day on Conor’s name etc? Seriously.

I was shouted down for proposing the fight a few days ago, but for me at this point, if it doesn’t lead to a title shot, isn’t a title shot, or a legacy fight like Conor V Nate III, the only fight I’m taking if I’m Conor is Tony Ferguson.

So get Tony on meds, medically clear him, and make that fight. The winner of that fights winner of Khabib V Poirier.

Makes sense to me.

Echoes

Team Captain
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think Mcgregor beats Cerrone & Gaethje.
50/50 Ferguson.
Both those names are always a punchers chance, like anyone is, but if Conor comes back with his eye of the tiger restored, he makes both those bums go stiff inside of two rounds...Cowboy won’t be able to help himself and will want to go toe to toe and bang, so probably less time for him.

Echoes

Team Captain
AFL Club
St Kilda
Why not.

Never missed weight (including championship weight) and has the best nutritionist/weight cut guy in the business in George Lockhart.
I don’t think he wants too.

Did you see how sick he looked weighing in for 145? Particularly the Poirier fight. Leave it alone Conor.

Dan

BURNED THEM ALL
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bali 6's, Dorothy Mantooth
I don’t think he wants too.

Did you see how sick he looked weighing in for 145? Particularly the Poirier fight. Leave it alone Conor.
Yeah he looked like death. But back then he was basically doing it on his own with his coach. He now has a nutritionist that can make it more comfortable for him......still won't be easy.

Plus he gets to fight for his 145 belt again and outside of Khabib/Diaz it's the biggest fight for him money wise.

The weight is the issue but everything else makes sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Echoes

Team Captain
AFL Club
St Kilda
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/mma...d-cerrone-vs-tony-ferguson-booked-chicago/amp

So with Cowboy and Tony squaring off in a month at 238, and the Cowboy fight now off the table, as well as Ferguson, where does this leave Conor’s options? It would appear Cowboy has jumped Conor in the queue to fight Ferguson if rankings are what we are going by.

Can’t see Conor going back to 145 for Max, can’t see him fighting some no name bum like Gaetje, and can’t see him remaining inactive for another 6 to 12 mths and coming back. I’m now starting to doubt we will see him back in the octagon.

Top Bottom