Mega Thread 'The Notorious' Conor McGregor

Remove this Banner Ad

-Siver was nothing special.
-Mendes had a 2 week camp. Was doing quite well but gassed.
-Lucky against Jose. (Great win to Conor).
-Nate 1, seriously gassed then subbed.
-Nate 2, decision could have gone either way.
-Eddie was very ordinary. (Dominant win for Conor).
-Smoked by Khabib.
20190506_211852.jpg
Fought Eddie in November 2016, then Khabib in October 2018. I really can't see Conor fighting again. Tony, Cowboy and Gaethge all get it done against him, imo, and probably in pretty devastating fashion.

I'd like him to return, but I just struggle to see it happening.

I think Mcgregor beats Cerrone & Gaethje.
50/50 Ferguson.

At this point, with his long term financial security assured, and a new young family at home, why the hell would Conor risk his health by fighting the likes of Cerrone/Gaetje/Pettis/insert random mid ranked bum lightweight looking for a big pay day on Conor’s name etc? Seriously.

I was shouted down for proposing the fight a few days ago, but for me at this point, if it doesn’t lead to a title shot, isn’t a title shot, or a legacy fight like Conor V Nate III, the only fight I’m taking if I’m Conor is Tony Ferguson.

So get Tony on meds, medically clear him, and make that fight. The winner of that fights winner of Khabib V Poirier.

Makes sense to me.

I think Mcgregor beats Cerrone & Gaethje.
50/50 Ferguson.

Both those names are always a punchers chance, like anyone is, but if Conor comes back with his eye of the tiger restored, he makes both those bums go stiff inside of two rounds...Cowboy won’t be able to help himself and will want to go toe to toe and bang, so probably less time for him.

Why not.

Never missed weight (including championship weight) and has the best nutritionist/weight cut guy in the business in George Lockhart.

I don’t think he wants too.

Did you see how sick he looked weighing in for 145? Particularly the Poirier fight. Leave it alone Conor.

I don’t think he wants too.

Did you see how sick he looked weighing in for 145? Particularly the Poirier fight. Leave it alone Conor.
Yeah he looked like death. But back then he was basically doing it on his own with his coach. He now has a nutritionist that can make it more comfortable for him......still won't be easy.

Plus he gets to fight for his 145 belt again and outside of Khabib/Diaz it's the biggest fight for him money wise.

The weight is the issue but everything else makes sense.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/mma...d-cerrone-vs-tony-ferguson-booked-chicago/amp

So with Cowboy and Tony squaring off in a month at 238, and the Cowboy fight now off the table, as well as Ferguson, where does this leave Conor’s options? It would appear Cowboy has jumped Conor in the queue to fight Ferguson if rankings are what we are going by.

Can’t see Conor going back to 145 for Max, can’t see him fighting some no name bum like Gaetje, and can’t see him remaining inactive for another 6 to 12 mths and coming back. I’m now starting to doubt we will see him back in the octagon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McGregor/Aldo 2 rumoured for MSG November (Lightweight)

Not sure how I feel about this.....that’s if there’s any truth to it.
couldn't give less *s about that fight tbh.

I would have been happy to see a rematch a few years back but not since we have seen Max run through him twice and Volks win over him

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

It's the fight conor needs. He should win and its against a guy who is obviously pretty good. Can't go giving him a too risky fight as it would kill the little life his career has.

I really like the fight, I'd love to watch it.
But the benefit gained vs. loss doesn't seem worth it for McGregor.
A win against Aldo does nothing to help his legacy or put him in any kind of title contention.
A loss against an aging Aldo leaves him floundering even further (and takes shine off his 13 second KO).

For me, the most logical path is to wait out until the result of Khabib vs. Poirier.
If Poirier can stage an amazing upset and get the belt, then McGregor is right back in the fold.
If Khabib holds the belt, McGregor should start looking for the biggest money fight he can find.

couldn't give less fu**s about that fight tbh.

I would have been happy to see a rematch a few years back but not since we have seen Max run through him twice and Volks win over him

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk
Agreed.

*en rubbish.

For a guy who claims he will fight anyone anywhere to go and fight Aldo now goes against all of that

yeh just more BS coming out of Dana 'Scumbag' White's mouth. McGregor has ducked Tony a loot.
I think he is finished tbh, his best is definitely past him at this point, money has gone to his head and don't think he has the drive and hunger recquired to be at the top of the game.
Everyone in the top 5 of the lightweight division smokes him imo.
Him and Cowboy would make a great fight but he doesn't seem to be interested.
Covington vs McGregor would be interesting just for the constant sh*t talk, but Colby is too big and too good of a grappler for conor.

Haha which one? I’ve heard there’s been a few

He'd be talking about the one linking him with a woman claiming she was raped I would imagine. And no, there's been nothing mentioned for months that I've seen. That could mean he's made it go away, it's still being investigated or there was never anything to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back