Mega Thread 'The Notorious' Conor McGregor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OhhhhhCyril

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 11, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think he’s becoming irrelevant, sure he can sell fights but do people care anymore? Hasn’t won a fight in years now, and if he does come back you know if his camp are smart they will choose a fight he can win.

Andrew Birch

Carnage Enthusiast
Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Give him khabib again
Khbab will get him in the first this time and just take the easy payday
Khabib shouldn't have to fight him again until Conor defeats whoever is the #1 contender at time as a minimum requirement. Also, Khabib is starting to sound like GSP in that he's talking about legacy a lot now. Why would he want to fight Conor again when he has a 100% winning record against him and he just had a huge payday?

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
The next fight just has to be Tony.

After that could viably see any of GSP, Conor, Gaethje getting the shot. He’ll seem to push for Georges.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mouncey2franklin

Club Legend
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I like McGrgoer. Amazing showman. We all want entertainment and this guy brings it in spades.

Ferguson has earned his shot against Khabib. Khabib will smesh him. Then what?

I don't 'like' it but if McGregor gets Ferguson or Khabib, we all tune in. Including me.

Then if McGregor beats Ferguson (50/50) he gets Khabib 2.0 and wel ALL tune in. Let's be honest.

Engimal v3

Premium Gold
Sep 21, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Khabib shouldn't have to fight him again until Conor defeats whoever is the #1 contender at time as a minimum requirement. Also, Khabib is starting to sound like GSP in that he's talking about legacy a lot now. Why would he want to fight Conor again when he has a 100% winning record against him and he just had a huge payday?
I love GSP's view on legacy. If there's nothing a fight will prove to himself, and it will not add to his legacy, why bother? Brilliant. MMA is a brutal sport, I wish more fighters would think like this.

PoppedCorn

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 29, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
West Ham 76ers
Why?
Because when he taps in the first he might finally piss off.
Agree he doesnt deserve a shot

Just take a fight campaigner
If youre that good it shouldnt be too difficult and damaging.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda

Not sure how you can read into this considering the end of year ppv is on the 15th of December.
It’s on the 14th actually, just turns into the 15th here because of the Timezone.

But seeing as it’s set and signed for Vegas I’d have him as an incredibly small chance of fighting at UFC 245.

Last edited:

Dan

So...who's coming to North? lol
Mar 21, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bali 6's, Dorothy Mantooth

Not sure how you can read into this considering the end of year ppv is on the 15th of December.
I mixed up time difference....we being a day ahead.

Still.....if the UFC can move a card to another state for Jon Jones.....it’s not a stretch to suggest McGregor could get that end of year card in his backyard.

Dan

So...who's coming to North? lol
Mar 21, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bali 6's, Dorothy Mantooth
I would thought the same thing if I was asked re- Jon Jones.....but it happened. and that card already had established fights booked.

As far As I know...nothing has been booked in terms of fights for that end of year card.

It most likely won’t happen but if it gets your biggest star back before the end of the year....maybe it’ll be worth the squeeze for the UFC.

Nickos66

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 22, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I would thought the same thing if I was asked re- Jon Jones.....but it happened. and that card already had established fights booked.
They were at risk of losing their main event if they didn't - due to JJ's Picogram, only a short while out from the fight. There's nothing at stake to lose here.

Top Bottom