Mega Thread 'The Notorious' Conor McGregor

The rape rumours came out weeks ago. If he gets found guilty I wonder if Conor nut huggers will still defend him?

About his career? Absolutely. The guy has become extremely underrated because it's cool to say he sucks.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
what did he do re sexual assault? If it was supposed to be a rape I don't believe it.

About his career? Absolutely. The guy has become extremely underrated because it's cool to say he sucks.
The bloke never once defended a title, and his last win was more than 2 years ago. You’ve bought into his trash talking. He’s as overrated as it gets.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Conor McGregor will hold talks with UFC president Dana White about a retirement U-turn.
The former two-weight champion tweeted last week that he was calling time on his mixed martial arts career.
The Irishman was unable to agree terms for his return to the Octagon after failing to secure a trilogy fight with Nate Diaz and rejecting the chance to fight Donald Cerrone.
But White believes McGregor is simply attempting to negotiate a better deal, as he did when he first retired three years ago
He said: "I think that there’s some things that Conor wants and I think that Conor wants to get together face to face, he and I, and we probably will in the next couple of weeks and we’ll get this thing figured out."
BBVw9rH.img
© Zuffa LLC via Getty Images Conor McGregor announced his retirement last week
McGregor has long desired part-ownership of the UFC which was sold to Hollywood talent agency WME-IMG for $4billion in 2016.

He has featured in five of the six biggest pay-per-view events in the company's history, pulling in almost eight million buys in the United States.
The UFC also earned a significant sum from McGregor's defeat by Floyd Mayweather which generated £450million in 2017.
BBVwcwX.img
© Getty Images Dana White expects to see McGregor return

Want the news to come to you? Get MSN top stories through Facebook Messenger.
Click here and subscribe now

But White added: "Listen, who gets respected more than Conor McGregor does? Come on, the guy’s never been disrespected, definitely not by me. And he’s got a lot of money too.
"But he’s stuck on this thing where he wants a piece of the ownership and that’s just — if you look at basketball, Michael Jordan didn’t own a piece of the league, and the list goes on and on.
"Is Conor very valuable to the sport and to the brand, the UFC? Of course he is. That’s a tough one, but I think there’s other ways that we can make him happy."

Would never have guessed

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
connor is look more crazy as days go by, dont know about the legal deals. but with these tweets, retirement the smashing of that phone. I got a feeling becoming connor (UFC personality whatever) has seriously got to the real Connor and he has just lost it. We all seen it before in combat sports and the like, I dont like his persona lets say and think he was let go with too much s**t cause of the attention he brings to the sport. But kinda worried for him at the same time. But at the end of the day if has done what everyone thinks he has I say the end is near.

Jan 11, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
connor is look more crazy as days go by, dont know about the legal deals. but with these tweets, retirement the smashing of that phone. I got a feeling becoming connor (UFC personality whatever) has seriously got to the real Connor and he has just lost it. We all seen it before in combat sports and the like, I dont like his persona lets say and think he was let go with too much s**t cause of the attention he brings to the sport. But kinda worried for him at the same time. But at the end of the day if has done what everyone thinks he has I say the end is near.
Totally agree. I thought he seemed to have a handle on it all until he fought mayweather. Bought him to a even higher level of wealth and fame and seems to have inevitably been his downfall

Totally agree. I thought he seemed to have a handle on it all until he fought mayweather. Bought him to a even higher level of wealth and fame and seems to have inevitably been his downfall
i cant remember the order of events because Conor in the past couple of years has been stuffing up everywhere. But that incident where he jumped into the cage and started shoving that referee, along with the bus incident signalled he was off the rails. Bloke believed he was above everyone

May 9, 2013
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal,Redsox,Celtics
Looking back the whole bus incident leaves a sour taste in my mouth, thats when whoever it be UFC, his team someone really should of been checking into his mental health ect. instead of marketing the s**t out of it. I mean i go back to the presser where he threw the full cans was just a gimick but hell he was lucky it didn't go bad there. UFC needs to start being accountable for these little indiscretions yes connor is extreme but I worry to the knock on effect ( fighters want to be like him, cause it worked for him right ?. ) its already started fake belts at ring side stuff on the mic all that JAZZ.

Farm Boy

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
McGregor is just a combination of narcissist, CTE, drug affected, entitled, and rich. He doesn't appear to have any real morals, principles or values. He simply doesn't appear to give a sh*t at all. Quite possibly he no longer has the capacity to make sound decisions. I see the latest tweet he called Khabib's wife a 'towel', which of all McGregor's antic over the past year, I actually found this one hilarious because in the pic there was just a towel. Objectively it was an astute observation. Obviously he didn't make it for that reason, and now he has set a fragile religion off. He certainly knows how to stay relevant, I give him that.

Back