The off topic thread 3.0

What would you like the thread titled?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone here ever called Beyond Blue? What's it like? What's it about?
Had about 5-6 sessions with Lifeline earlier in the air, really helped clear out what was a pretty toxic headspace at the time.

I've had a few touchy moments. A lot of anxiety. Small panic attacks. Usually I just call my mum and talk to her on the phone for hours until I can chill out a bit.

Just that feeling of not being in control. Of somebody else controlling your happiness and her taking it away from you and there is just absolutely nothing you can do about it.

It's ******* awful.
Have you seen a counsellor? Would be my first piece of advice. Talking to someone who is purely there to listen and makes no judgements on anything can have a powerful effect.

Have you seen a counsellor? Would be my first piece of advice. Talking to someone who is purely there to listen and makes no judgements on anything can have a powerful effect.
I have been seeing a psychologist lately. I've had about 4 sessions, but I feel they are not really helping. I like going though, but I dont feel im getting any better.

Ability to call? What were you going through? Something similar? It's alright if you dont want to speak about it on here.

A period of deep depression, I couldn't call, via chat I could say more than what would actually come out of my mouth.
Similar situation, I wanted to break up with my partner at the time and I didn't know how, I was very unhappy but didn't want to hurt her.

I have been seeing a psychologist lately. I've had about 4 sessions, but I feel they are not really helping. I like going though, but I dont feel im getting any better.

You on anti-depressants?

A period of deep depression, I couldn't call, via chat I could say more than what would actually come out of my mouth.
Similar situation, I wanted to break up with my partner at the time and I didn't know how, I was very unhappy but didn't want to hurt her.
So you're her in my situation. She keeps saying it's breaking her heart that she is hurting me. She doesnt want to hurt me etc..

But she is anyways.
You on anti-depressants?

No. Have you been on them before? Do they help?

Has anyone here ever called Beyond Blue? What's it like? What's it about?

I haven't but I would assume it's just someone to talk through how you're feeling, come up with some strategies to deal with things, etc.

So you're her in my situation. She keeps saying it's breaking her heart that she is hurting me. She doesnt want to hurt me etc..

But she is anyways.

No. Have you been on them before? Do they help?

Yeah I suppose I was.

Yes I've been on several types, honestly I've battled depression since my teens, during that time I've had some real low times but I soldier through, I've never found that the medicine has helped me. However I also have ADHD so possible they just don't have the same effect.

4 years is a lot of time to get over, I feel like it would take a while to recover so stick at it :thumbsu:

4 years is a lot of time to get over, I feel like it would take a while to recover so stick at it :thumbsu:
I want to stick at it. But it's so difficult with my work schedule. I work 8:30-5:30... mon to fri. They dont take clients on on weekends.

So to see them, I have to take time off work. They are cool with it so far, but I dont know how long they will keep letting me take time off work.

Yeah I suppose I was.

Yes I've been on several types, honestly I've battled depression since my teens, during that time I've had some real low times but I soldier through, I've never found that the medicine has helped me. However I also have ADHD so possible they just don't have the same effect.

Hmm so you dont feel that the drugs helped you? Im against being medicated, even though I dont know, I might need it.

What's depression feel like mate? I think I might be battling some demons myself.

Hmm so you dont feel that the drugs helped you? Im against being medicated, even though I dont know, I might need it.

What's depression feel like mate? I think I might be battling some demons myself.
You've pretty much described it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what I thought. :(

Got to understand tho that you can be depressed without having depression.

You've gone through something traumatic, being depressed by it is normal.

I don't know mate.

With time I suppose.
She made me happy. Like I was ready to spend the rest of my life with her. Turns out after four years she is not in the same place as me.

Absolutely gutting.

What happened with you and that girl? She was madly in love with you but you just didnt feel the same way?

Usually with depression, you don't know you are until someone pulls you up and asks if everything is ok? But everyone is different, some people may look depressed but aren't, some may look cheerful and happy but inside are really battling.

I've had some battles myself, and I suffer from anxiety.

Your situation doesn't sound good at the moment Jod but it will get better, just think that you only get 1 life, live it the best you can, that's what I tell myself anytime I'm feeling s**t about stuff.

Can't offer much advice with this relationship stuff though, I've always managed to piss off the girls that liked me and I liked before it got anymore serious.

Usually with depression, you don't know you are until someone pulls you up and asks if everything is ok? But everyone is different, some people may look depressed but aren't, some may look cheerful and happy but inside are really battling.

I've had some battles myself, and I suffer from anxiety.

Your situation doesn't sound good at the moment Jod but it will get better, just think that you only get 1 life, live it the best you can, that's what I tell myself anytime I'm feeling s**t about stuff.

Can't offer much advice with this relationship stuff though, I've always managed to piss off the girls that liked me and I liked before it got anymore serious.
How old are you mate? If you dont mind me asking. Have you never had a real serious relationship. I almost wish I was you. Cant take feeling like this anymore.

I wish it was so easy as just saying, well I only get one life, no point moping about this girl. Cos to me, she means everything to me in this life. So without her, this life feels a bit pointless.

*, im just a mess at the minute. Liverpool arent doing me any favours recently either.

She made me happy. Like I was ready to spend the rest of my life with her. Turns out after four years she is not in the same place as me.

Absolutely gutting.

What happened with you and that girl? She was madly in love with you but you just didnt feel the same way?
Yeah I guess. We were together for 8 years.

How old are you mate? If you dont mind me asking. Have you never had a real serious relationship. I almost wish I was you. Cant take feeling like this anymore.

I wish it was so easy as just saying, well I only get one life, no point moping about this girl. Cos to me, she means everything to me in this life. So without her, this life feels a bit pointless.

****, im just a mess at the minute. Liverpool arent doing me any favours recently either.

I'm 24 mate, and no im currently single and haven't had a 'real' serious relationship yet. My life at the moment pretty much consists of work, footy on weekends and seeing my mates during the week/weekends.

From what I can gather here you are best talking to a professional about how you're feeling, I wish I could offer more help.

I'm 24 mate, and no im currently single and haven't had a 'real' serious relationship yet. My life at the moment pretty much consists of work, footy on weekends and seeing my mates during the week/weekends.

From what I can gather here you are best talking to a professional about how you're feeling, I wish I could offer more help.
Ahh to be young again mate. Enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back