The off topic thread 3.0

What would you like the thread titled?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red Dead Redemption 2 tomorrow. 3PM Melbourne time before it officially comes out for me (bought from the USA PS Store). The first game was amazing and from what I’ve seen this one will be no different. Apparently the story will be over 60 hours long so talk about getting your moneys worth.

Lately I played Assassins Creed Odyssey. Very good game and a good length for what you want. It is literally an RPG with a levelling up system, so all so different than a usual AC game. The combat was a vast improvement over AC Origins and the game world is beautiful.

Red Dead Redemption 2 tomorrow. 3PM Melbourne time before it officially comes out for me (bought from the USA PS Store). The first game was amazing and from what I’ve seen this one will be no different. Apparently the story will be over 60 hours long so talk about getting your moneys worth.

Lately I played Assassins Creed Odyssey. Very good game and a good length for what you want. It is literally an RPG with a levelling up system, so all so different than a usual AC game. The combat was a vast improvement over AC Origins and the game world is beautiful.
I'll definitely be picking up RDR2. I never even played the first one but everybody raves about it and the trailer for RDR2 looks immense.

It's multiplayer open world right? So me and mates can get on and like form a gang and rob trains and s**t right?

I'll definitely be picking up RDR2. I never even played the first one but everybody raves about it and the trailer for RDR2 looks immense.

It's multiplayer open world right? So me and mates can get on and like form a gang and rob trains and s**t right?

There is going to be an online mode, similar to Grand Theft Auto V online. But there’s a very long single player mode campaign too.

And yeah, it’s an open world game, online and offline. If it’s anything like the first game, single player is more than enough. MP will be a bonus on top of it.

So I have $50 on Latrobe to win the Melbourne Cup (bet made 3 weeks ago) and I just heard the horse was withdrawn from the Cup with articles showing 6-7 hours ago. My bet is still live on my account, so I guess the official announcement hasn’t come down to betting agencies yet? I am guessing I am not in any risk of losing my money here.

Few good tours announced in the last week

Rufus, Arctic Monkeys and also the Prodigy.

In particular the prodigy, so keen to see them. Cant remember who listened to them in here. Might have been chef and glenferry23
Yeah, im getting Prodigy presale tix on monday. Cant wait.

So I have $50 on Latrobe to win the Melbourne Cup (bet made 3 weeks ago) and I just heard the horse was withdrawn from the Cup with articles showing 6-7 hours ago. My bet is still live on my account, so I guess the official announcement hasn’t come down to betting agencies yet? I am guessing I am not in any risk of losing my money here.
I think if it doesn't win you don't win?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know racing rules all that well but I thought only qualified horses could be scratched. Since it's still in the nomination phase I wasn't sure if scartchings apply

So it's scratch even before that point.. It's like betting on Federer to win Wimbledon then he pulls out, your bet would be refunded because he didn't even compete.

I actually got a message back from Sportsbet earlier and these are the T&C’s on their website and what was copied and pasted to me - “19.1 Subject to rule 19.2 below, all bets struck prior to the Final Field being declared are accepted on an ALL-IN basis (i.e. no refunds will apply for runners not taking their place in the final field and no deductions will apply)”

My bet type falls under the “All-In” category unfortunately. So no luck here. It sucks as the horse was withdrawn for - “Lloyd Williams has announced his Irish Derby winner, Latrobe, will bypass the Melbourne Cup and instead target the 2000-metre Mackinnon Stakes on the final day of the Flemington Carnival.” - not through injury. A bit of a sucky situation that I don’t even blame Sportsbet for. Good lesson not to bet so far out for the Melbourne Cup (actually placed on October 19th, not 3 weeks ago), though.

But hey, at least I am Greek and my name is James so today is a special day with a few gifts, so that’s something. :D

I actually got a message back from Sportsbet earlier and these are the T&C’s on their website and what was copied and pasted to me - “19.1 Subject to rule 19.2 below, all bets struck prior to the Final Field being declared are accepted on an ALL-IN basis (i.e. no refunds will apply for runners not taking their place in the final field and no deductions will apply)”

My bet type falls under the “All-In” category unfortunately. So no luck here. It sucks as the horse was withdrawn for - “Lloyd Williams has announced his Irish Derby winner, Latrobe, will bypass the Melbourne Cup and instead target the 2000-metre Mackinnon Stakes on the final day of the Flemington Carnival.” - not through injury. A bit of a sucky situation that I don’t even blame Sportsbet for. Good lesson not to bet so far out for the Melbourne Cup (actually placed on October 19th, not 3 weeks ago), though.

But hey, at least I am Greek and my name is James so today is a special day with a few gifts, so that’s something. :D

Oh well that's dumb. Both from them and you.

Unfortunately not.

Dollars are tight with the wedding! I am jealous!
Let me know if you change your mind. I am selling a single ticket for a melbourne show now that they are doing a festival here in Brisbane

Let me know if you change your mind. I am selling a single ticket for a melbourne show now that they are doing a festival here in Brisbane
Brilliant, thanks mate.

Have you listened to the MTV release yet? Perseverance is absolutely heartbreaking.

I had a feeling that was the case. The risk you take on betting before the final field being declared I guess

Brilliant, thanks mate.

Have you listened to the MTV release yet? Perseverance is absolutely heartbreaking.
Yeah I gave it a listen at work. You summed up Perseverance perfectly.

L'imaginaire into Do not let your spirit wane is fantastic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back