The off topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I have never heard the word terrorism used for a pub brawl. It’s always been “brawl” or “pub fight”. Which is correct. Anything with guns or knifes against the public is terrorism (it’s apart of the word “terror”).
I think wires got a bit crossed and the point I was trying to make didn't come across as I meant it. But that was my point, it doesn't get labelled terrorism when it's someone being a menace in public at a pub or whatever, because there's no political motive.

Fair point, and I agree that it should be considered terrorism regardless of the aim. But it might not get labelled as such if there wasn't a political motive purely because terrorism is defined to be for political reasons.

Most terrorist attacks aren’t even aimed for political reasons. Such as 9/11. They attacked two buildings to kill hundreds and thousands of civilians.

The political part might be in the definition of the word but most shootings on the public is terrorism. That’s how I see it. The tram shooting in Hollanf is clear terrorism to me.

Edit: Actually I probably used a poor example there.

Last edited:
I think wires got a bit crossed and the point I was trying to make didn't come across as I meant it. But that was my point, it doesn't get labelled terrorism when it's someone being a menace in public at a pub or whatever, because there's no political motive.

I see what you mean now. That makes more sense to me now. :)

Anything with guns or knifes against the public is terrorism (it’s even apart of the word “terror”).
You don’t actually mean that do you? Loads of knife attacks are not terror related, and gun too

You don’t actually mean that do you? Loads of knife attacks are not terror related, and gun too

I suppose if it’s a 1 on 1 thing like “You slept with my wife” and one shoots the other, then no. But if it’s a shooting in a public place, a tram/train/bus/school, yes I consider that an act of terrorism.

With Tarrant, if the authorities don’t want to charge him as a terrorist because he will get a longer sentence, I am all for that. The monster deserves as long a sentence as he can receive.

Last edited:
I suppose if it’s a 1 on 1 thing like “You slept with my wife” and one shoots the other, then no. But if it’s a shooting in a public place, a tram/train/bus/school, yes I consider that an act of terrorism.
What about knifings that are gang related that we have in London every week, terrorism? Of course not, they are something entirely different. A random gun or knife attack are harder to establish though. Usually they get blamed on mental illness but there could well be a political, racial or some other motive behind them.

Most terrorist attacks aren’t even aimed for political reasons. Such as 9/11. They attacked two buildings to kill hundreds and thousands of civilians.

The political part might be in the definition of the word but most shootings on the public is terrorism. That’s how I see it. The tram shooting in Hollanf is clear terrorism to me.

Edit: Actually I probably used a poor example there.
I think you did, 9/11 was absolutely politically motivated.

What about knifings that are gang related that we have in London every week, terrorism? Of course not, they are something entirely different. A random gun or knife attack are harder to establish though. Usually they get blamed on mental illness but there could well be a political, racial or some other motive behind them.

Fair enough. Gang related is gang related, not terrorism as you say.

I think you did, 9/11 was absolutely politically motivated.

Yeah, it was a bad example on my part.

So the Utrecht attack still hasn’t been declared as a terrorist incident, despite evidence to the contrary. Was relegated to the fifth news story of the day on the BBC the day it occurred, behind the New Zealand attack that happened three days previously. Backs up what I was saying earlier, Islamic terror attacks are now more likely to be given less precedence on the MSM and are attempted to be written off as something different.

Not rocket science. He looks as “empty” and “soulless” as about 95% of people on their public transport commute to work
I was merely pointing out that fact about him, and I don’t really understand your point that most people look like that on their commute to work (which is a bit of an overstatement to say the lesst) and also its completely moot as bored commuters don’t typically shoot dead their co-commuters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was merely pointing out that fact about him, and I don’t really understand your point that most people look like that on their commute to work (which is a bit of an overstatement to say the lesst) and also its completely moot as bored commuters don’t typically shoot dead their co-commuters

Would be tough to simultaneously look bored and full of hatred.

Would be tough to simultaneously look bored and full of hatred.
Not at all. He’s probably dosed up to the eyeballs on meds’ to try and curb his emotional instability. Funnily enough hate fuelled people don’t go around with a psychotic, crazy look most of the time. Usually they look like this fella, bored, disconnected and utterly withdrawn

Not at all. He’s probably dosed up to the eyeballs on meds’ to try and curb his emitional instability. Funnily enough hate fuelled people don’t go around with a psychotic, crazy look most of the time. Usually they look like this fella, bored, disconnected and utterly withdrawn

Weird that you said he looked hate filled then. Think you're looking for something that's not there.

Do you argue with yourself when you’re having a shave in the morning? You have no point on this. If you did you’ve long since forgotten what it was

You're suggesting someone looked bored but also full of hate. Do you not realise your contradictions? You cry about media perceptions of someone in the same time as imposing your own biases on the same situation..

But I'll explain it properly over that beer you aren't afraid of getting.

You're suggesting someone looked bored but also full of hate. Do you not realise your contradictions? You cry about media perceptions of someone in the same time as imposing your own biases on the same situation..

But I'll explain it properly over that beer you aren't afraid of getting.
I’ve explained to you that looking withdrawn (certainly to the extent shown in the pictures I’ve seen of him) is systematic of deep psychological problems brought on by negative emotions that include hate. Hatred always starts with a self loathing and then externalises itself to include those around. I’ve studied psychology, have you?

I’ve explained to you that looking withdrawn (certainly to the extent shown in the pictures I’ve seen of him) is systematic of deep psychological problems brought on by negative emotions that include hate. Hatred always starts with a self loathing and then externalises itself to include those around. I’ve studied psychology, have you?

You've certainly studied something.. that psychobabble was astounding.

Just funny, JD and Loonerty had the same thought as me but here you are getting triggered by me. :D

You've certainly studied something.. that psychobabble was astounding.

Just funny, JD and Loonerty had the same thought as me but here you are getting triggered by me. :D
Trying to explain to you why I said the man looked like he was full of a hate is not me being triggered.

You can have it your way SM that the man just looked like any other commuter who was bored out of his mind. Of course we know the outcome was somewhat different. By the way, not everyone looks as miserable as sin when they go about their daily lives. If you honestly look that disconnected and withdrawn yourself you might want to start asking why.

Trying to explain to you why I said the man looked like he was full of a hate is not me being triggered.

You can have it your way SM that the man just looked like any other commuter who was bored out of his mind. Of course we know the outcome was somewhat different. By the way, not everyone looks as miserable as sin when they go about their daily lives. If you honestly look that disconnected and withdrawn yourself you might want to start asking why.
I already said, it's usually if I haven't had my coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back