The off topic thread 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spur of the moment decision, but we're meeting with a videographer tonight for our wedding. We weren't planning on getting a video, but we've decided we'll regret it if we don't.

Not long to go now!

We got a friend to film it and it was great. Videographers seem to just make a wanky 5 minute video with a song over the top and charge $2k+. Not worth it IMO.

I think photos are dumb and expensive, but you kinda have to do them, but a video? How often are you going to watch it? Your friends sure as s**t aren't going to want to watch it either. Just seems like something expensive for no real purpose imo.

I think photos are dumb and expensive, but you kinda have to do them, but a video? How often are you going to watch it? Your friends sure as s**t aren't going to want to watch it either. Just seems like something expensive for no real purpose imo.

Yeah. I skipped to our dance in ours and I haven't even been that motivated to watch the rest. Might watch some of it on our one year anniversary I guess?

Nah, it's not a whole day filming thing.

They will make a short film of the day in a story kinda way.

Isn't that exactly what I said?

We got a friend to film it and it was great. Videographers seem to just make a wanky 5 minute video with a song over the top and charge $2k+. Not worth it IMO.

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
Watched the original Mad Max for the first time last night. While I didn’t mind the concept, I felt like the pacing was absolutely horrible. First time I’ve really noticed that in a film before, at least to that extent.

Don’t regret watching it but I wouldn’t watch it again.
I was exactly the same. Probably a victim of hype and time though.

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
Most people share them on FB/IG now so people will watch them at least once to possibly say themselves as well as remember about the day. I agree it’s wank though.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo

We got one and my kids have watched it a few times. Definitely worth it and i think youll regret it if you dont.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I have been rewatching Deadwood over the last couple of weeks. What a brilliantly acted and written series. One of my personal all time favourites. The series finished way too early (3 seasons) and never had a conclusion when it finished back in 2006. There is a movie coming out this year to conclude things so hopefully that is decent. One of those series I would recommend to anyone not easily offended by cable shows where anything goes.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
I have been rewatching Deadwood over the last couple of weeks. What a brilliantly acted and written series. One of my personal all time favourites. The series finished way too early (3 seasons) and never had a conclusion when it finished back in 2006. There is a movie coming out this year to conclude things so hopefully that is decent. One of those series I would recommend to anyone not easily offended by cable shows where anything goes.
Love Deadwood!

Booked the videographer we met with. No regrets at all. The bloke is an absolute champion and seems like a ripping bloke.

Hope they didn't take you for too much..

I'm surprised he seemed like a good bloke, most people in the business come off as dickheads. ;)

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Hope they didn't take you for too much..

I'm surprised he seemed like a good bloke, most people in the business come off as dickheads. ;)
Paying cash, so he was able to help us there.

Deadset one of the best people I've dealt with in my entire life I reckon.

We'll get something like this; a video that tells our story, and rather than just having music over the top, it will contain snippets of speech too

http://allureproductions.com.au/your-films/marika-daniel-the-homestead-springbank/

My parents also just had someone film. I remember specific bits, most notably a great video of my grandparents dancing. They were really really good at it.

Yeah I feel that's the way to go. You get the whole day, you can pick and cut what you want, and it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Love Deadwood!

The movie is going to be amazing this year. It’s just such a shame that Powers Boothe and Ralph Richeson (Richardson) have died since the show ended and Titus Welliver (Silas Adams) won’t be in the film either. I think everyone else still alive at the end of the original series are going to be in the movie.

One of the most under appreciated series on HBO and probably the best one.

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
WTF is with all the Indian toilets and African comments on Facebook at the moment?

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
WTF is with all the Indian toilets and African comments on Facebook at the moment?
By the sounds of it I’m glad I don’t know what this is.

Was actually thinking over the break how little time I spend on FB nowadays not including messenger. Same goes with on here when not at work. If people had to rank their social platforms in order of what theyd go into most to least what would they be?

1. FB Messenger
2. Twitter
3. Facebook
4. Bigfooty
5. LinkedIn (Apple counts it as social in its time limit app)
6. Instagram
7. Whatsapp (only for work while overseas and Cruffy’s wedding group had to be on there ;) )

By the sounds of it I’m glad I don’t know what this is.

Was actually thinking over the break how little time I spend on FB nowadays not including messenger. Same goes with on here when not at work. If people had to rank their social platforms in order of what theyd go into most to least what would they be?

1. FB Messenger
2. Twitter
3. Facebook
4. Bigfooty
5. LinkedIn (Apple counts it as social in its time limit app)
6. Instagram
7. Whatsapp (only for work while overseas and Cruffy’s wedding group had to be on there ;) )

Yep, I've had the same thought. I don't really post statuses that much anymore. I use some FB Groups for things I follow, but other than that and seeing pictures people post, I really don't use FB much apart from messenger.

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Yep, I've had the same thought. I don't really post statuses that much anymore. I use some FB Groups for things I follow, but other than that and seeing pictures people post, I really don't use FB much apart from messenger.
Yeah apart from friends tagging me in interesting or funny stories that’s about all it is now. A quick scroll through the newsfeed after getting a notification from that is about it

Zoom

Carefree
Dec 16, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
It’s pretty much just illiterate African and Indian football fans commenting on Goal, Bleacher, Mirror, etc. and they don’t like each other. I’ve unfollowed a lot of those pages because the content is average and the comments are absolute horse s**t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back