Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Definitely, if you have trouble. Just go around listening in to any conversations around the inside and outside areas.
I completed Paris.

I used the laptop to lure here in there and stabbed here with a letter opener lol.

The Amalfi Coast level looks beautiful.

I only played very briefly, but I will attempt to go as a flower delivery man.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
Anybody here about the law that has been passed in the US State of Gerogia? Abortion is now illegal, regardless of how the baby is conceived (incest, rape). Any doctor caught performing an abortion can face 99 years in prison.

After 6 weeks, pretty Alabama is the one banning it completely. Im married to a Georgian so have spent a fair bit of time down south and they are seriously set in their ways. Lovely part of the world but the people are so racist/homophobic/scared of anything different/backwards.

My wife can't believe some of the s**t her family members says.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I completed Paris.

I used the laptop to lure here in there and stabbed here with a letter opener lol.

The Amalfi Coast level looks beautiful.

I only played very briefly, but I will attempt to go as a flower delivery man.

Awesome! I actually lucked out with Margolis by finding an opportunity where I could have
a private meeting with her

The Amalfi Coast level is sensational. As is the rest of the levels. They’re all stunning looking.

If you ever played the originals. In HM2, they’ve remade one of the levels from Blood Money. It is amazing to see.

Last edited:

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory
America is backwards in so many ways. Having roadtripped there, it's really not as great a place to live as they make it out to be.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Yeah when we were over there, we'd discuss the differences with our Uber drivers.

Their government makes their students pay interest on their Uni courses. No wonder why kids at 21 have debt of US$60,000. It's absurd.

And if you don't have great health cover, it's US$3000 to go in an ambulance or something.

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
Yeah when we were over there, we'd discuss the differences with our Uber drivers.

Their government makes their students pay interest on their Uni courses. No wonder why kids at 21 have debt of US$60,000. It's absurd.

And if you don't have great health cover, it's US$3000 to go in an ambulance or something.

One night in emergency room can cost you $10k

They make you pay interest because - my understanding is - the government doesn't loan you the money, banks do, so you actually have to take out a standard loan.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
One night in emergency room can cost you $10k
Yeah, nuts.

People said they'd rather get driven by a friend than call an ambulance to save the money etc.

They make you pay interest because - my understanding is - the government doesn't loan you the money, banks do, so you actually have to take out a standard loan.
Yeah, it's a joke.

We are incredibly lucky over here.

Spoke about the minimum wage, tipping, the governments etc.

Great place to visit, not to live though.

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Yeah, nuts.

People said they'd rather get driven by a friend than call an ambulance to save the money etc.

Yeah, it's a joke.

We are incredibly lucky over here.

Spoke about the minimum wage, tipping, the governments etc.

Great place to visit, not to live though.

The problem with minimum wage is it increases the cost of living (through COGS increase), so it’s a bit of a vicious circle situation. Mandatory tipping is a way to circumvent lower wages. If the minimum wage goes up, do they still expect you to tip 15-20% on a goods that’s likely to increase in price too (to cover wage cost)?

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Happens in Australia, if you don't have ambulance cover your ****** here too.

I remember I had kidney stones, and rang for a ambulance. They asked me if I had cover, and when I said no, told me I should just get a taxi as it wasn’t life threatening, and would be just as painful either way, so save $800- $1k :p

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
After 6 weeks, pretty Alabama is the one banning it completely. Im married to a Georgian so have spent a fair bit of time down south and they are seriously set in their ways. Lovely part of the world but the people are so racist/homophobic/scared of anything different/backwards.

My wife can't believe some of the **** her family members says.

Yes, very eye opening. The “Bible Belt” in particular is quite scary in how casual their racism/homophobia is.

I remember a meeting with a few gents from that region in a local diner. All of them were packing heat (which is the first time Id actually seen guns up close).

And they were just dropping casual comments about how they’d drive out any “******s” (sorry for using that word) from their families if they turned out to be gay.

An African American lad was serving our table. And when one of them got up to use the bathroom, he told us to ask the “fellow” (again, very sorry) to fill up his coffee.

The alarming thing is they wouldn’t even know acknowledge how damaging this language or thinking is. When you are so conditioned by this and live within insulated communities, it’s just part of their daily life.

Edit: I see the swear filter did it’s thing. Probably for the best.

Last edited:

Thistle

Norm Smith Medallist
May 12, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chelsea, ICT, Glory

The student loans make it extremely difficult for lower-wage citizens to afford a college degree and so the 'classes' can be hard to break.

Public health is a debacle. Had a mate who broke his ankle while on exchange and was looking at a $34k bill because his insurance didn't cover injuries if alcohol was recorded in his system. After a month of sweating they did thankfully cover it but was a real eye opener into the public health system and how disencouraged locals must be to have simple health scares looked at.

Then of course there is also the gun stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back