The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, so did Walt and Gus etc
Such a fan of Bryan Cranston, amazing actor, have you seen Your Honor (on Stan) ?

I binge watched that series in 2 days (something I never do), was that good.
Yeah, that was a cool show.

Keen to see how Walt and Jesse appear in Saul.

Yep, so did Walt and Gus etc
Such a fan of Bryan Cranston, amazing actor, have you seen Your Honor (on Stan) ?

I binge watched that series in 2 days (something I never do), was that good.

It was ok, had a really weak ending I thought.

I actually liked it (the ending) and am happy to read a 2nd season is going ahead.

2nd season?! How the hell would that work?

I thought the story and the journey were great but the finale was just too simplistic. But the fact that it was so makes a season 2 even more unworkable because of how they wrapped things up.

So annoyed we have to wait till 6 PM for the finale of Better Caul Saul, where the US and most of the rest of the world got it hours ago

Not good enough from Stan Au

Is it the finale? Thought there was a second half of the season.

So annoyed we have to wait till 6 PM for the finale of Better Caul Saul, where the US and most of the rest of the world got it hours ago

Not good enough from Stan Au

Stan says 6PM but the episodes actually drop at 5PM. I am 30 minutes into Episode 8.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you’re BB fans you really should try Better Call Saul. Brilliant show, I’d say up there with BB
Tried a few times and did get through S1 but it was a real slow drag. When does everyone start to think it becomes at a level that is close to BB? Keen to see more BB crossovers and hear so many good things, but very underwhelming first 10 eps

Tried a few times and did get through S1 but it was a real slow drag. When does everyone start to think it becomes at a level that is close to BB? Keen to see more BB crossovers and hear so many good things, but very underwhelming first 10 eps

I think it is at that level pretty much immediately TBH. It definitely is a slow burn initially as they delve into Jimmy's origin and the history with his brother though. Towards the end of S2 and definitely from S3 onwards the pacing ramps up considerably to be more in line with what you're used to with BB.

I strongly recommend you push on until that point as you won't regret it. Seeing how Gus (and Mike) created his empire before Walt entered the fray in BB has been incredible and every BB fan needs to see it. It has completely changed the way I view BB and actually made me appreciate it even more.

I think you will love the series if you pushed through with it. I personally found it a bit boring on my first watch of the series (I think first four seasons were already out by that stage) as I was comparing it too much to BB and wasn’t fully appreciating it. It also didn’t help it my case that I wasn’t a huge fan of Saul Goodman during BB. But then I gave it another watch a few months later and was absolutely blown away by how great the show is. And I have a new appreciation for Saul Goodman as a character now.

When it’s all said and done, the entire series will span 11 seasons start to finish of greatness. Maybe BCS won’t be your cup of tea on another watch and that’s fine too. BB is incredible in its own right.

******* hell that was awesome. His putter was on 🔥. Great to see him get up. The first of many I think.

Was watching it in a pub after the All Ireland Hurling final... only one cheering against a crowd of McIlroy fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back