Hurling is a really cool sport..

Jatz

Premium Platinum
Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leicester City, Philadelphia Eagles
Incredible from Cam. I'd written him off after that third round, geez that was something special to get him back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jd2010

#ENICOut #LevyOut
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
That doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

I'd think you'd find quite a few cricket Australia teams/members would be as well.
I've always wondered why there isn't more players of south asian decent in the Australian or state cricket setup compared to the numbers you see at junior club level. Not saying it's purely systematic racism but there's got to be some sort of drop off rate in those teenage years which might be a cultural focus on schooling. Or am I way off in thinking a handful of state players out of 70 odd contracted is not equal representation to kid club cricket level?

Jatz

Premium Platinum
Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I've always wondered why there isn't more players of south asian decent in the Australian or state cricket setup compared to the numbers you see at junior club level. Not saying it's purely systematic racism but there's got to be some sort of drop off rate in those teenage years which might be a cultural focus on schooling. Or am I way off in thinking a handful of state players out of 70 odd contracted is not equal representation to kid club cricket level?
Be interested to see those figures.

I played for 17 years and can recall the number of south Asian players I played against on one hand.

Art Vandelay_

TheBrownDog
Oct 28, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Bushrangers, AC Milan, Tottenham

I played for 17 years and can recall the number of south Asian players I played against on one hand.
Same. Still playing and the only ethnic diverse group I’ve come across is a recently formed club that has a high Indian contingent.

Nothing from South Asia or anywhere else for that matter.

And juniors was no different so it doesn’t appear to be that they’re weeded out at a young age from my experience.

Jatz

Premium Platinum
Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Same. Still playing and the only ethnic diverse group I’ve come across is a recently formed club that has a high Indian contingent.

Nothing from South Asia or anywhere else for that matter.

And juniors was no different so it doesn’t appear to be that they’re weeded out at a young age from my experience.
Yep, there's a recent team that started up of Bangladeshi guys and I've come across Indian players before but that's really about it. The odd British player every now and then as well.

jd2010

#ENICOut #LevyOut
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC

I played for a few years and can think of a few clubs on one hand who were 75% south Asian decent. Obviously grew up in quite a diverse part of Melbourne but it doesn't surprise me that other parts wouldn't be. CA would have those junior figures by ethnicity and if there ever was a discrepancy they sure as hell wouldn't let it be known

RPCB

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
I facepalm every time I hear “British royal family”. Why do they even exist and for what purpose. 😂

Elmer_Judd

SFA AA And Premiership Player #S34
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

First i found out Bill Russell passed away, now another legendary pioneer from the original Star Trek has passed away.

Remove this Banner Ad