The off topic thread 5.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone think it's strange that the US Military seems to have far more success in wiping our Al-Quada leaders and bases under Democratic Governments and Presidents than Republican ??

Now I am not saying I am one of those Bush did 9/11 conspiracy cranks, but it does make for food for thought.

No retailers have had PS5’s in stock where you can just buy one online or in-store and it’s been like that since launch. Every now and then, retailers will list them online and within seconds they are gone. There is a worldwide chip shortage (not helped by the pandemic) that has been the main contributing factor for why the PS5 is difficult to buy and the forecast is this could last into 2023. Literally the only place a PS5 is easy to buy from is on eBay and you’re paying a * ton more more than the $749 RRP, so it’s only really an option if you’re desperate enough for one.

The latest XBOX is easy to buy at any retailer though. PS5, not so much.

Yeah I did notice Xboxes were easier to source. Why is that? Chip shortage should affect both realistically.

With 2 x PS4s already and a PS plus account we will be sticking with PS5 for the next gen so will just wait until supply levels are normal to buy I guess.

I'm not paying stupid money for someone's second hand PS5 on ebay lol.

Yeah I did notice Xboxes were easier to source. Why is that? Chip shortage should affect both realistically.

With 2 x PS4s already and a PS plus account we will be sticking with PS5 for the next gen so will just wait until supply levels are normal to buy I guess.

I'm not paying stupid money for someone's second hand PS5 on ebay lol.

Someone a lot smarter than me will have to answer that. It shouldn’t make sense that one is easier to get than the other.

In fairness, a scalpers PS5 on EBay would be brand new and unopened. That’s why they bought the PS5 in bulk at launch (scumbags). But why would anyone pay $1000+ for something that cost $749?

Someone a lot smarter than me will have to answer that. It shouldn’t make sense that one is easier to get than the other.

In fairness, a scalpers PS5 on EBay would be brand new and unopened. That’s why they bought the PS5 in bulk at launch (scumbags). But why would anyone pay $1000+ for something that cost $749?

I had a look. Best I could find for a PS5 digital edition was $900 ($749 RRP).

Disc editions were going close to $1100 (RRP $949).

I had a look. Best I could find for a PS5 digital edition was $900 ($749 RRP).

Disc editions were going close to $1100 (RRP $949).

The disc RRP is $749 and digital is $599 in Australia.

Did eBay listings actually say those are the RRP prices? Both are way off.

I assume it is because xbox is s**t.

Anyone here big Instagram users? I dont post a lot on my insta but it's my main source of social media. I dont have Twitter or Tik Tok, just Facebook and Insta and I dont scroll Facebook much. So I mainly just use Insta.

But * me it's become awful to the point where I want to just delete Instagram. I just opened it up a minute ago and 4 of the first 6 posts were adverts. I also recently had to snooze suggested posts for 30 days to stop those coming up.

I didnt recognise anyone on Insta for a while there as it was all adverts and suggested posts of people or products I had no interest in. Occasionally I'd see a post from one of my actual friends amongst the plethora of ads and suggested posts.

It's gotten a bit better now I turned off suggested and I have to keep doing this every 30 days to stop them but there is no way to turn off all the ads that are so ******* excessive I just want to delete the app.

So frustrating.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone here big Instagram users? I dont post a lot on my insta but it's my main source of social media. I dont have Twitter or Tik Tok, just Facebook and Insta and I dont scroll Facebook much. So I mainly just use Insta.

But * me it's become awful to the point where I want to just delete Instagram. I just opened it up a minute ago and 4 of the first 6 posts were adverts. I also recently had to snooze suggested posts for 30 days to stop those coming up.

I didnt recognise anyone on Insta for a while there as it was all adverts and suggested posts of people or products I had no interest in. Occasionally I'd see a post from one of my actual friends amongst the plethora of ads and suggested posts.

It's gotten a bit better now I turned off suggested and I have to keep doing this every 30 days to stop them but there is no way to turn off all the ads that are so ******* excessive I just want to delete the app.

So frustrating.

Uh, no.

Twitter is much better but seems you've come to realise that.

So frustrating.
People jumped to Instagram for updates from their friends as Facebook became a news feed. Now the same is happening to Instagram. Meta is also trying to make Instagram like TikTok when it doesn't need to be.

People jumped to Instagram for updates from their friends as Facebook became a news feed. Now the same is happening to Instagram. Meta is also trying to make Instagram like TikTok when it doesn't need to be.
Facebook on mobile is full of suggested pages. Every 3 posts is a suggestion based on your previous likes etc but things like Richmond FC etc. ******* idiots don't know how to work an algorithm. Anyhow they're all shite and I rarely use them because you can't find out what is going no with people via them anymore. Stories are about the only thing you can get an idea on without suggestions.

Yeah this is so true, Facebook is a ghost town now. I use FB msger to basically keep in contact with all my friends but actually putting photos or status updates on FB is like a never sort of thing. Everybody jumped to Instagram but now the same is happening to Insta where I just dont even want to be on that app.

How have I come to realise that when I stated I dont have Twitter so dont know anything about Twitter?

Maybe I should get it. What's it like for ads or suggested posts and all that mate?
Plenty of adds and suggested posts in that also. It's just how it is. Boycott the lot, make real connections.

Plenty of adds and suggested posts in that also. It's just how it is. Boycott the lot, make real connections.
Honestly mate, Im reaching a point in my life where I really dont want social media anymore, it's so frustrating. I have tried to keep it to a minimum with really only Insta being something I heavily use but now even that is a nightmare.

How have I come to realise that when I stated I dont have Twitter so dont know anything about Twitter?

Maybe I should get it. What's it like for ads or suggested posts and all that mate?

No ads other than paid ads by Twitter accounts but they're pretty rare. You follow who you want, you can follow topics so it'll promote tweets related to that, but otherwise it's just who you follow or things people you follow respond to.

Instagram is rubbish as a news source, which is what I was suggesting you'd realised.

No ads other than paid ads by Twitter accounts but they're pretty rare. You follow who you want, you can follow topics so it'll promote tweets related to that, but otherwise it's just who you follow or things people you follow respond to.

Instagram is rubbish as a news source, which is what I was suggesting you'd realised.
Oh Insta has never really being about news though, its more keeping up with friends and what everyone is up to but it's ****ed nowadays just all suggested posts and adverts. Can barely even see my friends.

I only use Facebook and Insta to keep in touch with old friends back home. Maybe with age I've realised that I don't give a s**t about most of them anyway and could cut about 400 people from Facebook and Insta. Do I really need a mates ex gf who I haven't seen in 10 years on my Facebook and Insta? I mean, she is pretty hot haha

If I lived in Aus I would delete both apps for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back