The on topic thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you see the team? It was a rest team because of Champions League/returning from international break.

You reckon we'd have Chalobah ahead of him?
Of course not and still have Azpi as well to come in.

Wait that was your rest team?

Last edited:

Lukaku, Saul, Silva, Mendy, Rudiger, Havertz all rest players? right....

Oh and the subs Jorginho, Azpi yeah rotational players.
Saul absolutely is lol.
You reckon Mount doesn't start? Or Hudson-Odoi plays RWB first choice?

Jorginho had to come on because we were struggling to control the midfield.

DCL is out with a broken toe for a few weeks. Curious on this one having suffered a broken toe myself and been out for essentially 4-5 months, with the feedback being "It's a toe, there's not much we can do for it but let it rest", would he have to play with some sort of brace and a painkilling injection for the rest of the season essentially? I never understand with some of those injuries how players can get back so quickly, and particularly with a toe when that seems to not have much treatment.

DCL is out with a broken toe for a few weeks. Curious on this one having suffered a broken toe myself and been out for essentially 4-5 months, with the feedback being "It's a toe, there's not much we can do for it but let it rest", would he have to play with some sort of brace and a painkilling injection for the rest of the season essentially? I never understand with some of those injuries how players can get back so quickly, and particularly with a toe when that seems to not have much treatment.

It depends on which toe, obviously you can't get away with a broken big toe on the football pitch until its healed. 4-5 months sounds like a long time for a broken bone to heal though, I would imagine a PL player should be back within 4-6 weeks as long as there is no complications.

Apparently he's out for a few weeks with a quad injury, the toe injury he's also got may be longer.

Saul absolutely is lol.
You reckon Mount doesn't start? Or Hudson-Odoi plays RWB first choice?

Jorginho had to come on because we were struggling to control the midfield.
Hard to say with Saul, come from AM a title winning team only played one game not judging him after one performance.

When you say rest team I'm expecting reserves, academy players in a FA or EFL cup game not a EPL game come on man.

I'm not saying that team was your starting 11 even though you and some others will interpret that to try and use it against me but half your team was from your starting 11 and players like Kovacic, Alonso, Ziyech and Hudson-odoi are fighting for their place in the team and some of them have a good case to be in your starting 11 hence why I didn't mention them the first time.

But you're making it out like Chelsea had their youth academy and reserves playing....

Hard to say with Saul, come from AM a title winning team only played one game not judging him after one performance.

When you say rest team I'm expecting reserves, academy players in a FA or EFL cup game not a EPL game come on man.

I'm not saying that team was your starting 11 even though you and some others will interpret that to try and use it against me but half your team was from your starting 11 and players like Kovacic, Alonso, Ziyech and Hudson-odoi are fighting for their place in the team and some of them have a good case to be in your starting 11 hence why I didn't mention them the first time.

But you're making it out like Chelsea had their youth academy and reserves playing....
Saul isn't going to be first choice straight away.

Maybe I should have said "rotation" team. How you can look at that 11 and think that there hasn't been rotation surprises me, and it's sort of a strawman because we're going away from the fact that Christensen was not the only first choice not starting that game which is where this all started.

It depends on which toe, obviously you can't get away with a broken big toe on the football pitch until its healed. 4-5 months sounds like a long time for a broken bone to heal though, I would imagine a PL player should be back within 4-6 weeks as long as there is no complications.

Yeah guess I'm assuming it's big toe since that'd be the most troublesome one. Mine was a pretty annoying break as it was right in the knuckle so took ages to heal. If his is just like a chip in the bone then yeah could be much quicker.

You have to forgive me if I were to think you're a Chelsea fan with your constant post of their players stats and you coming to their defence without fail. Camros2

Also most people did say hard to say how good christensen is after a few games that you didn't mention after I made that statement.

Also your opinion on matip v christensen please. I think from your previous posts you'd take christensen but would like your reassurance on this.

so let me get this right RossFC supports Burnley, Chelsea, LFC and AFTV

Saul isn't going to be first choice straight away.

Maybe I should have said "rotation" team. How you can look at that 11 and think that there hasn't been rotation surprises me, and it's sort of a strawman because we're going away from the fact that Christensen was not the only first choice not starting that game which is where this all started.
Clearly you missed these parts in my post " I'm not saying that team was your starting 11" & "but half your team was from your starting 11"

Actually it started from Matip v Christensen lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so let me get this right RossFC supports Burnley, Chelsea, LFC and AFTV
His bigfooty personality of defending Chelsea, would explain why he would follow defensive teams.

You also forgot he supports Matip as the 2nd best defender in the world as said on discord "He has only lost one game in a Liverpool shirt."

I would say Varane v VVD but we've established Matip is the 2nd best in the world so doesn't look like VVD has a chance. ;)

Clearly you missed these parts in my post " I'm not saying that team was your starting 11" & "but half your team was from your starting 11"

Actually it started from Matip v Christensen lol.
Then what is your point?
You said that Christensen didn't play that game as if it was a knock against him, I said that it was a rotated team (or PARTIALLY rotated).

Now you're acknowledging it wasn't our starting 11???

I broke two toes falling down the stairs. Never felt so much pain, for the first week I could barely move let alone walk.

I broke two toes falling down the stairs. Never felt so much pain, for the first week I could barely move let alone walk.

Yeah that's always the tell-tale sign, I thought I just bruised my toe or the ligaments playing in a football match, but the pain became unbearable.

Falling down = mrs moomba pushed you?
Ha ha, no. Rushing for work and slipped on my arse. Two toes went one side of a bannister, three went the other side. The little toe and the one next to it swapped places and it was too sore to swap back.

The funny thing (looking back). That was the season we scored 10 goals at home all year. Our next game was against Fulham and I gave my ticket away. Watched on TV and we were 3-0 up in 10 minutes, I was livid.

I missed 1 other game that year, was in Australia when we scored 3 against Bolton (I think). So in 17 home games I only saw us score 4 times.

Carragher putting Lineker in his place on twitter is fantastic stuff.
Lineker will be doing well to get through the day without being gobbed on. He's not a teenage girl so might be OK.

Lineker potting MNF when all he does is read off an autocue. Fair rebuttal I thought.

It was a pretty obvious stat to mess up though, Messi won an International trophy two months ago. Even if your stat man gets it wrong pretty easy to correct yourself live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back