The on topic thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

******* lol. York hired their old ground out to our u23s to earn some money. We played one of the four games on the ground and their supporters got annoyed that it meant York weren't the last team to play there so they cancelled the agreement. After we'd played there once.

So they miss out on the money AND it still means they weren't last to play there. Some of the comments are amazing.

i dont get it at all and judging by the comments that is how it will stay, cos i dont get it and if you dont get it you just dont get it. get it?

surely all clubs at national league level need any cash they cant get, especially now with the league being cancelled.

Scenes in La Liga. Atletico trailing Levante 1-0 in the 94th minute. Oblak goes up for a last minute corner, he is shoved in the back, the defenders clear the corner and 10 seconds later they score from halfway into an open net. VAR take a look at the shove on Oblak but determine that’s it’s fine. Levante win 2-0.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, there are.

But whatever.

:shrug:

So basically the same reasons any team doesn't do as well. Injuries/fixture congestion. Not mitigating as it's literally the reason any team doesn't do as well.

Would be an interesting study of Liverpool injuries (and other clubs), what type of injuries? When it happened, how often they played in the leadup etc.

There's obviously been a lot of soft tissue injuries across the league this season. Inevitable in a way with the fixtures. But given the potential for injuries you've got to change the way you do things. Rest players more, rotate, ease off at the end of games.

Shook my head the other day seeing Henderson trying to run off a pretty obvious injury. That's how minor injuries turn into major ones and it seemed like the Liverpool staff were happy to let him give it a go.

Its a bit misleading that headline. It's how many workers have died, but not necessarily during work.

Road accidents, natural causes, 1 murder iirc.

I cant remember the figure but industrial accidents was still way too high.

Its a bit misleading that headline. It's how many workers have died, but not necessarily during work.

Road accidents, natural causes, 1 murder iirc.

I cant remember the figure but industrial accidents was still way too high.
I mean even if it's half that number it's barely lower than what Australia had in 15 years between 2003-2018

Would be an interesting study of Liverpool injuries (and other clubs), what type of injuries? When it happened, how often they played in the leadup etc.

There's obviously been a lot of soft tissue injuries across the league this season. Inevitable in a way with the fixtures. But given the potential for injuries you've got to change the way you do things. Rest players more, rotate, ease off at the end of games.

Shook my head the other day seeing Henderson trying to run off a pretty obvious injury. That's how minor injuries turn into major ones and it seemed like the Liverpool staff were happy to let him give it a go.
New signings Thiago, Jota and Kostas got impact injuries. Van Dijk ACL, Matip damaging ankle ligaments and Gomez damaging his patella tendon in England training. Ox, Shaq, Keita and Milner don't play significant minutes and get injured. Alisson and Kelleher stand in goals and both got injured. Several players have got COVID.

3 players Fabinho, Henderson and Arnold you can pin running into the ground injuries on and that's because we've got no senior players left to rotate them with. If we had suitable options (not kids completely out of their depth), we'd be rotating them in.

I mean even if it's half that number it's barely lower than what Australia had in 15 years between 2003-2018

Ironically, given the COVID Crisis worldwide (which will still be around in 2022), having the WC in Qatar is about the best place in the world to host it from an infrastructure and health and safety protocol POV. The USA (the only possible other alternate venue at this stage) certainly couldn't host it now.

Even if Qatar didn't win the hosting rights to it, Australia was never going to win it anyway, some bitter and angry Aussie fans still mad at FIFA simply do not know how embarrassingly bad our bid was.

Corruption aside, instead of being angry at FIFA and Qatar, the blame totally should be levelled at that Muppet Frank Lowy and The Clowns at the FFA at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back