The on topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve genuinely never come across that line of thinking. Rodri is in a class of his own in that position.
Cruyff said it, the post got zero likes and it got shut down by half the BigFooty Association Football community.

I’m curious to know what other “Gooners” supposedly backed it 🤔

I did say it. Was I over-zealous at the time? Probably.

Is Rice ******* excellent? Absolutely. Is being inferior to Rodri a sleight on his ability? Absolutely not.
The hope with the outlay would be providing the push over the line.

As you say Rice has been a great signing and Havertz is another high price signing starting to produce yet are down on points from same time last year despite scoring more and conceding less.

Imo Rodri remaining fit will win City the league again.

Klopp has assembled one of the great squads and could end up with just 1 league title to show for it so definitely can see Arsenal having no title to show for all the great performances. Yaya to Fernandinho to Rodri. They just pick the eyes out of transfer windows and have far fewer misses that most clubs and it shows each May.

No Alexander Arnold (or him at RB) and no Maguire for me. Foden better going through the middle but that can be an in game thing where he has the flexibility to come inside (doubt Southgate would allow that though).

Would be a shame to restrict Stones to a traditional CB role, he can be a real asset going forward with a manager that knows how to use him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This plus Alonso would be pretty awesone for Pool

Don't think Edwards is coming back.

It’s done by the looks of things. Ornstein extremely reliable and at the point he’s reporting like this it usually means a deal has already been agreed.

Edwards back, Richard Hughes from Bournemouth as sporting director, then just need to sort out the Spaniard.

Rice is not even playing DM anymore is he?

He’s doing both, depending on who he’s partnered with. A few matches ago, he was at the base of midfield with Jorginho as a left 8 in front of him. Most recently, Jorginho was behind him and Rice as an 8. And he’s got the end product with his scoring/assisting numbers, fantastic footballer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back