The on topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mane has 2 good performances against quality opposition which helps his case but missed the Burnley game through injury.

It's a tough one because City has had 3 easy games (weakest West Ham team I've seen in a long time) and Chelsea have had it pretty easy too.

Perhaps Zlatan? Although I haven't seen what he's done in the Hull game yet.

I'd have to give it to Hazard as he's the only player mentioned here that has had 3 good games.

Mane has 2 good performances against quality opposition which helps his case but missed the Burnley game through injury.

It's a tough one because City has had 3 easy games (weakest West Ham team I've seen in a long time) and Chelsea have had it pretty easy too.

Perhaps Zlatan? Although I haven't seen what he's done in the Hull game yet.

I'd have to give it to Hazard as he's the only player mentioned here that has had 3 good games.

Ibra was poor in the Hull game because he was in Davies' pocket all game.

Yeah Curtis Davies for me. Best player in a team that has defied early season expectation.

Got in the BBC team of the week, as he did against Sunderland and I'm guessing this week too.

Is that the Garth "Shove every player who scored into random positions" Crooks team?

EDIT: Though that was the team that managed to fit Davies in despite being in a losing Hull City side. Think he's got to be neck and neck with Sterling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone mentioned the England squad yet?

Surprised no Barkley, big surprise obviously Antonio.

Few bets placed yesterday on Henderson being named captain which would be absolutely hilarious. Think it will still be Shrek though.

Surprised Allardyce would rather go with 3 CBs after failing to entice Terry out of international retirement than bring in one of the best English CBs at the start of the season, but I suppose that highlights that he's no better than Roy despite all his hot air.

All it highlights is that it's going to take more than 3 good games for him to pick a 31 year old with no international experience.

He's picked four centre-backs fwiw (Cahill, Jagielka, Smalling, Stones).

Davies has been in the England squad before, but I agree with your broader point.

Must have missed Stones, for some reason I only saw 3.

First game of the League Trophy, all the U23 sides have played away from home. Everton have already won, but if the rest of the games were to end right now it would be 3 wins, 8 losses and 3 draws for the B teams.

First game of the League Trophy, all the U23 sides have played away from home. Everton have already won, but if the rest of the games were to end right now it would be 3 wins, 8 losses and 3 draws for the B teams.

And just to add upon it, I've just seen how this format actually works, since I've noticed Leicester's U23s won on penalties, which was confusing, since I thought this was meant to be like the Group Stages.

Turns out they're using that silly CC format thing, where the winner of the penalty shootout gets 2 points while the loser only gets a single point for drawing the game. I'm starting to wonder if perhaps we'll be seeing more of this in the future? This just seems like its only going to encourage smaller teams to park the bus and then defeat the higher ranked team in penalties just so they get 2 points and at least 1 at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back