The on topic thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I call bullshit on the quote.

I used to sit at the front, right where the opposition players warmed up. Both Nevilles used to cop heaps, and never said a word back. One time Phil had been copping it all gane without a reaction until United scored late, and he found the bollocks to turn around and celebrate staring at the crowd, act of a shithouse if you ask me.

Phil Jones was another that found the courage to have a go at the crowd only after United had sealed a result. Rooney just smiled, I think he enjoyed the pisstaking.

I used to sit at the front, right where the opposition players warmed up. Both Nevilles used to cop heaps, and never said a word backĺ. One time Phil had been copping it all gane without a reaction until United scored lare, and he found the bollocks to turn around and celebrate staring at the crowd,,act of a shithouse if you ask me.

Phil Jones was another that found the courage to have a go at the crowd only after United had sealed a result. Rooney just smiled, I think he enjoyed the pisstaking.

I'm 99.9% sure that quote is fake mate.

I used to sit at the front, right where the opposition players warmed up. Both Nevilles used to cop heaps, and never said a word back. One time Phil had been copping it all gane without a reaction until United scored late, and he found the bollocks to turn around and celebrate staring at the crowd, act of a shithouse if you ask me.

yeah, why would you celebrate? That's shithouse.

yeah, why would you celebrate? That's shithouse.
No problem with celebrating. But if you're going to give a bit to the crowd it's a bit gutless to wait until the late winner to grow a pair.

Last edited:
No problem with celebrating. But if you're going to give a bit to the crowd it's a but gutless to wait until the late winner to grow a pair.
And if they have a go before the game and they lose they're criticized for being arrogant.

I've never had a problem with players giving a bit to the crowd that are abusing them. Particularly when they don't hide away when things arent going so well.

Not arrogant at all as far as I'm concerned.

Plenty of players give it to the crowd. Happened just about every game I sat there, and no doubt still does.

2pt3qfl.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No problem with celebrating. But if you're going to give a bit to the crowd it's a bit gutless to wait until the late winner to grow a pair.
maybe they were concentrating on the game. I doubt SAF would have been too happy with them being distracted by numpties in the crowd spouting s**t.

But if you're going to give a bit to the crowd it's a bit gutless to wait until the late winner to grow a pair.

What does that have to do with being gutless? It's just having the last laugh.

I think it's weird that you think it takes "guts" to give it back to opposition fans. I've always thought it looks pretty embarrassing when you see a player mouthing off at fans when the game is still going TBH. I don't think it takes any courage at all to hurl abuse at a crowd of people you don't know when you've got no fear of retribution, it just makes you look like a moron for letting them get under your skin.

Who wants their players to get embroiled in a running battle with the opposition fans during the game? Just going to lose focus that way. Far better to stick it to the fans after a win at the final whistle or better still with a late winner.

Who wants their players to get embroiled in a running battle with the opposition fans during the game? Just going to lose focus that way. Far better to stick it to the fans after a win at the final whistle or better still with a late winner.

For me, if I wasnt prepared to give it to the crowd during the game when we werent winning and it might backfire on me I would keep my celebrations to myself, teammates and my own clubs supporters.

Everyone knows supporters that love the bantz when they win and disappear when they don't. I don't think anyone has any respect for that sort of suporter. This is just the players equivalent.

Have a lot more respect for someone like Rooney who is happy to take the piss out of us (as he did recently) but is equally happy to run along the sidelines giving us the w***er sign at 0-0 as he did in one of my first derbies at the sty.

For me, if I wasnt prepared to give it to the crowd during the game when we werent winning and it might backfire on me I would keep my celebrations to myself, teammates and my own clubs supporters.

But haven't you said previously you enjoyed (or similar) Adebayor's celebration when he ran to the Arsenal away end after his goal?

But haven't you said previously you enjoyed (or similar) Adebayor's celebration when he ran to the Arsenal away end after his goal?
Absolutely. Don't most Arsenal supporters think he is a shithouse for what he did?

He wasnt hiding away throughout the game refusing to interact with the supporters either. Couple of times he went over and faced them.

I have no problem with any player having a go at supporters. I even defended Gary Neville once when he got charged for a (late United winner) celebration against Liverpool.

But I'm not going to respect a player that waits until he can't lose before putting his balls on the line and starting with the crowd.

Last edited:
Absolutely. Don't most Arsenal supporters think he is a shithouse for what he did?

He wasnt hiding away throughout the game refusing to interact with the supporters either. Couple of times he went over and faced them.

I didnt overly mind it, he'd been copping it all game. And gave it back when he sealed the game. Went over the top though and it caused a safety problem for others, but can understand his release.

But it seems quite contradictory that you'd condone what he did, but criticise the likes of Neville etc for their actions.

so it's fine for your players to do it, just not the oppo?
I have no problem if you think Adebayor is gutless for what he did.

Nor do I have a problem with you enjoying Phil Neville getting stuck into City supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back