Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong_Bisons_#36

Premiership Player
Jun 17, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Inverleigh Hawks
Thought I'd start up a thread for The Open which starts today (think the first tee off is about 3:30pm).
Promises to be another great major and will be very interesting to see if the weather plays a big role in the scores as the back nine is notoriously brutal at Troon and usually plays into the wind on almost every hole.

Can any the 'big 4' of Day, Speith, DJ and McIlroy take the claret jug or will it be someone else, possibly a rank outsider like Todd Hamilton in 2004 when it was last held here.

Interestingly the past 5 winners at Troon in The Open have all been Americans.

Tips:
Favourites: Day
Other: Garcia (would love to see him finally win a major)
Outsider: Danny Lee

Would love for Day to win it.

Seems a lovely track, I didn't watch it in '04. The quality of the footage is poor, but watching McIlroy take 6 in a bunker makes me feel a little bit validated about my golf haha.

Seemed like he was quiting on the shot a little bit. On the first 5 shots anyway!

Listenig to one of the sports reporters on RSN (Ben someone) this morning on two aspects:

> Apparently the weather today is good for all groups but for tomorrow you want to be drawn to play in the morning, Windy as all on Friday afternoon over there. Draw doesnt help Speith or Day
> Day apparently hurt himself in practice yesterday, whilst Jason says it is nothing serious and he is fine this reporter is very very close to the Day camp. If he says Jason is hitting lasers Day wins, he said nothing of the sort this morning

FWIW I think Henrik Stenson will win and the highest placed Aussie will be Leishmann

If that's the case, dr
Listenig to one of the sports reporters on RSN (Ben someone) this morning on two aspects:

> Apparently the weather today is good for all groups but for tomorrow you want to be drawn to play in the morning, Windy as all on Friday afternoon over there. Draw doesnt help Speith or Day
> Day apparently hurt himself in practice yesterday, whilst Jason says it is nothing serious and he is fine this reporter is very very close to the Day camp. If he says Jason is hitting lasers Day wins, he said nothing of the sort this morning

FWIW I think Henrik Stenson will win and the highest placed Aussie will be Leishmann
If that's the case, draw favours Garcia and Scott then. Nice.
I think Day is going to have injuries all thru his career. His swing is almost violent and he'll pay the price for that in the long run.

If that's the case, dr

If that's the case, draw favours Garcia and Scott then. Nice.
I think Day is going to have injuries all thru his career. His swing is almost violent and he'll pay the price for that in the long run.

Scott has a great history in the Open as well

Certainly a massive chance

Leish started well

Scott has a great history in the Open as well

Certainly a massive chance

Leish started well
Should have one open in the bag, 2012.
Was in form earlier in the year, how's the past month or two been?

Leish leading early, but the back nine will determine this tournament.

These early still conditions look prime to go low. The likes of Grace, Leish, Louis and Justin Thomas could really get a leg up.

Last edited:
Should have one open in the bag, 2012.
Was in form earlier in the year, how's the past month or two been?

Leish leading early, but the back nine will determine this tournament.

80/1 and 12s for top 10 says

Go the Warnambool kid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leishmans bunker shot...

QONVIyz.gif

Bubba is a beast. When he pulls out the driver, I get a little excited.

Lucky for him the wind is down. Hitting driver on every hole is a bonus for him. Not many players hitting 8 irons into par 5s for their 2nd. Matsuyama probably playing it much closer to how it will be played tomorrow if the wind is up.

Bowditch drops 8 shots in 4 holes including a 9 on the par 4 11th,he was going alright before that.

Loving these bunkers. Punishing inaccurate shots, the way it should be.
Nothing better than links golf

Ahem... Flying down and playing the annual Barnbougle British Open this weekend. Barnbougle and Lost Farm composite :eek:

Nothing better than links golf

Ahem... Flying down and playing the annual Barnbougle British Open this weekend. Barnbougle and Lost Farm composite :eek:
It's blowing a gale down here(bridport) at the moment,it's being terrible weather but the weekend looks good with still enough wind to make it fun out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back