The Pivitonian Premier: a More Inclusive History

Remove this Banner Ad

As my club has the misfortune of dealing with the cats again this week, it got me thinking about their history again. Well, actually you can’t forget it because of their on going desperation in begging that their pre-history feats get recognised. It gave me an important thread idea.

I can only really go back to the 90s, but I reckon most years the side the media pumped up and fawned over as the obvious premier only actually won about half the time. For example, 2019. GWS had finally made the AFL experiment north valid. They saturated the news because they had finally arrived, but lost the GF. They were the moral flag winners in 2019. In 2018 there was only one club in the AFL, Dustin Martin. He should have won it, instead a very Random WC got up. 2017 was Adelaide’s year. Of course Dustin Martin ruined that for everyone.

I reckon we need to review the AFLs records and give a truer and more socially acceptable premiership winner for each year. Just like Geelongians have been insisting all these years, the media decide who won, not some semi-equitable yet consistent competition.

2023 - Daicos
2022 - Geelong (Melbourne?)
2021 - Melb
2020 - Port (Brisbane?)
2019 - GWS
2018 - Richmond
2017 - Adelaide
2016 - Sydney

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back