flggr The BIGGEST Day In Tasmanian Football History is TODAY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeremy Cameron said.

“ there’s so much farmland, there’s fishing, it would suit me, wouldn’t it? You could have a farm down there no issues at all and play a bit of football. The only thing is, I’d make sure they’d put in my contract that I’m allowed to live in my caravan full time with my family.”

This is literally the reason he went to GeeLOL

Corio, the Tasmania of Victoria :$ minnow country bumpkin status confirmed

How inspiring, the new Tassie team is to be called the Devils and will be wearing the old Tasmanian State guernsey ( or something pretty close to it). When the Adelaide Crows joined the AFL Ross Oakley was keen to point out that no team would be permitted to wear a State Guernsey in what the AFL considered a club based competition, so times have changed. The nickname isn't original either as it was used by the Hobart Devils NBL team in the late 1980's. The Tasmania Jackjumpers could have reverted back to the old NBL outfit but they didn't and full marks to them. New team, new image and great results.

Every time my club lines up against this outfit I will feel we are playing a State side. They could have and should have done better but it is early days yet and maybe there will be a few tweeks along the way.

How inspiring, the new Tassie team is to be called the Devils and will be wearing the old Tasmanian State guernsey ( or something pretty close to it). When the Adelaide Crows joined the AFL Ross Oakley was keen to point out that no team would be permitted to wear a State Guernsey in what the AFL considered a club based competition, so times have changed. The nickname isn't original either as it was used by the Hobart Devils NBL team in the late 1980's. The Tasmania Jackjumpers could have reverted back to the old NBL outfit but they didn't and full marks to them. New team, new image and great results.

Every time my club lines up against this outfit I will feel we are playing a State side. They could have and should have done better but it is early days yet and maybe there will be a few tweeks along the way.
It's pathetic really.

Name and colours are fine, but a state jumper?

Your plastic franchise was established in the late 90s so I wouldn't expect you to know much about history, but our club colours go back over a century! The map unifies the north and south of our beautiful island. It's our heritage jumper and it's so original that we don't have to beg collingwood to wear it :embarrassedv1: :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your plastic franchise was established in the late 90s so I wouldn't expect you to know much about history, but our club colours go back over a century! The map unifies the north and south of our beautiful island. It's our heritage jumper and it's so original that we don't have to beg collingwood to wear it :embarrassedv1: :thumbsu:
You like the map?

Naicos gets literally less than half the frees that Duckwood averaged 🤷‍♂️ would not even get 1 high free a week
Gotta put your head over the ball to get the kind of frees Selwood got. DUCKos grabs the loose ball and gently brushes his shoulder against the opposition like a little worm.

The club I support was founded in 1870. Regardless of the spin you want to put on it that jumper is a State jumper in what is supposed to be a club competition. I support a Tassie team in the comp but those behind it could have put more imagination into the badging.

PS We do not wear the Collingwood guernsey just the colours.

The club I support was founded in 1870. Regardless of the spin you want to put on it that jumper is a State jumper in what is supposed to be a club competition. I support a Tassie team in the comp but those behind it could have put more imagination into the badging.

PS We do not wear the Collingwood guernsey just the colours.
Do you have any historical documents of Port Power playing in the 1870s? :embarrassedv1:

Do you have any historical documents of Port Power playing in the 1870s? :embarrassedv1:

I have plenty of evidence of The Port Adelaide Football Club playing in the 1870's. We were originally called the 'Cockle Divers' wore magenta guernseys and played our first games at Buck's Flat.

A Membership ticket from 1909 to prove how long we have been around.

1710826058642.jpeg

Congratulations on your admission to the AFL, I just wish we were welcoming a club and not a State team.

I have plenty of evidence of The Port Adelaide Football Club playing in the 1870's. We were originally called the 'Cockle Divers' wore magenta guernseys and played our first games at Buck's Flat.

View attachment 1932902

Congratulations on your admission to the AFL, I just wish we were welcoming a club and not a State team.
That's a different club. They were asking about the Port Power.

View attachment 1932902

No one cares about Poort sorry, even Ken thinks they only just almost exist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back