The positives thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t help but think it is blessing in disguise we weren’t there yesterday. We aren’t at Tigers GF level just yet. Most likely would have been pantsed yesterday, would have been just a tad too soon. Timing is perfect next year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I doubt if we would have capitulated as meekly as the Giants.

We consistently showed great steel in games when we were under the hammer, more so as the season went on.

Even in the loss to the Tigers in the QF, we played the game out to the death. That loss wasn't nearly as bad as what it appeared on paper. We also gave a very good account of ourselves against them the previous week on their MCG fortress.

It's purely hypothetical what we would have done yesterday but I don't agree that it's ever too soon to play in a GF.

Bolters have won before. Bombers 1993 and Bulldogs 2016 are two that come to mind. Also Hawks 2008 caused a massive upset and "before their time" according to some.

We have a mountain of hard work ahead next year just to get back to the finals. It's never a linear progression that can be taken for granted. Timing will omly be perfect if we go at least one step further in 2020.

I doubt if we would have capitulated as meekly as the Giants.

We consistently showed great steel in games when we were under the hammer, more so as the season went on.

Even in the loss to the Tigers in the QF, we played the game out to the death. That loss wasn't nearly as bad as what it appeared on paper. We also gave a very good account of ourselves against them the previous week on their MCG fortress.

It's purely hypothetical what we would have done yesterday but I don't agree that it's ever too soon to play in a GF.

Bolters have won before. Bombers 1993 and Bulldogs 2016 are two that come to mind. Also Hawks 2008 caused a massive upset and "before their time" according to some.

We have a mountain of hard work ahead next year just to get back to the finals. It's never a linear progression that can be taken for granted. Timing will omly be perfect if we go at least one step further in 2020.

Don’t disagree at all that one should take it if it is on offer. Just feel that we are more likely to take a step forward next year after the year we have had then we would have been had we played and been beaten by 15 goals in the GF. A smashing of that magnitude in the GF has potential long term scarring for a group as young as ours. My feeling is it would take three years to recover.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

For those who are interested in great lols

Oh i love Jelle's Marble runs! If i recall correctly its an autistic fella and his brother who can now do it full time together. The high quality graphics and commentary is pretty compelling too. Theres also a fan wiki with write-ups of the marble teams and their history... good lord o_O:D

The biggest downside of team sports that one of the best players of his generation never won a flag while spuds galore have one or even two

Still funny tho :moustache:
But enough about Quinlan, what's your opinion on a honest toiler like Buckley not getting one?

:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah baby, drive-ins are back in a socially distanced world

View attachment 854091
Perhaps overseas, but seems not here in Australia, per the bolded below.

Following your post, I just went to check the Dromana Drive-In (I had Rosebud in my previous post) movie listings and was met with this:

CLOSED until further notice

Thank you to all our wonderful customers for your support recently and over the years. This is the first time in 58 years of operation that we have been closed.

Last weekend (27 to 29 March) we operated using the below procedures. There was some criticism from community & industry, but our model
worked well in keeping customers & staff safe.

As the fight to reduce the spread of the virus progresses, over the weeks ahead, families are going to NEED an outlet to look forward to.

We hope to lobby the governments to allow the 12 or so Drive-In Theatres in Australia to re-open using these measures. This may help with the mental health of our communities.

If you have any comments, we would love to hear from you at info@dromanadrivein.com.au. Keep watching here & on Facebook for announcements of re-opening & new releases, as information becomes available.

Lastly, thank you to all our staff who stepped up to the challenge and made the last 3 shows a memorable & safe experience for our customers.

Given the measures the Drive-In was prepared to go prior to shutting down, I guess it is somewhat surprising:

Corona Virus measures:

* ALL Tickets MUST be bought online through this website.
*Show your printed ticket OR mobile phone screen for scanning.
* Limit of 50 cars per movie.
* Cars park 1 car between the posts (normally 2).
* Do NOT arrive without a ticket - NO sales at gate.
* Takeaway food orders taken at Ticket Box, payment 'Tap & Go' only.
* Diner doors closed. Food delivered to your car.
* The Playground will NOT be open.
* Maximum 4 people in toilets at a time, numbers monitored.
* Please stay in your car unless visiting toilets.
* Use Hand Sanitizer provided outside toilets.

REASONS
Online sales capped at 50 cars- In case of big demand.
No ticket sales at gate - ensures social distancing.
1 car between posts - allows for extra space between cars.
4 people in toilets - 4 Sq. meter rule.
Shel's Diner doors closed - Takeway food premises rule.

'Make a Memory at Dromana 3 Drive-In'. Paul Whitaker. Manager.

Last edited:
As a Lions-related positive, I've been thinking about how all of these list changes probably benefit us quite a bit. It sounds like there won't be any more than two picks per club at this year's draft, and it wouldn't be surprising if something similar is the case next year too and even beyond with smaller list sizes.

I feel like it is going to be increasingly hard to build a list from the ground up over the next few years, in the way we have done essentially since 2016. Fewer draft picks, fewer development coaches, fewer trades most likely - there's going to be fewer mechanisms overall to bring in and develop enough quality to restructure a playing list in the way we have done over the past four or five years.

To have done most of our list build and development of our best 22 - assuming we don't lose any of our stars - puts us in a really good position going forward.

We’ve been watching the Kayo ‘this time last year’ series and we were good. Feel for josh walker - very good but just no position for him thanks to duplicated skills.

Missing the emotional roller coaster that is live games and looking forward to this years games even though we can’t be in the crowd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back