Outlook Rocky: he likes an expensive Tawny

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Cameron wants to come to us We would be mad to pass it up. He's in the right age bracket, he fills skill sets we lack with pace & run to break lines. Forward pressure & ability to kick goals.

If we draft yet another kid, he might not ever make It, or could take years to get to where Cameron is now.

Any move to accelerate our age profile & win some games im all for. We still have 2 first round picks to invest in some quality youth
Agree, and Charlie Cameron has only just turned 23 so still has a minimum 8-9 years left in the game, if we are not contending well before then something has gone drastically wrong.

BP new about shache weeks before yet you didn't believe him. Truth to Cameron backed up by the big dog himself. Now will you believe your king??????

It's funny cause you all never take me seriously even though I know a lot more than you think I do and was right on the biggest scoop of the season. Don't doubt BP don't doubt TBD Cameron flying north will be a great get

I think people don't believe you or take you seriously for other reasons.

I've said countless times I was brained and don't even remember it. Also if you look at the posts in question it's pretty damn obvious that no sense was being made and in fact I was talking out of my ass.

BP new about shache weeks before yet you didn't believe him. Truth to Cameron backed up by the big dog himself. Now will you believe your king??????

It's funny cause you all never take me seriously even though I know a lot more than you think I do and was right on the biggest scoop of the season. Don't doubt BP don't doubt TBD Cameron flying north will be a great get

How are they smelling today King?

Sam Mayes: Correct
Rockliff being at the lions in 2017: Correct
Gardiner: Correct(Although TBD was all over that before anyone)
Schache: Correct
Berry: Correct
McStay: Correct
Rockliff Re-Signing: TBC

Sam Mayes will stay. I'm pretty bloody positive about that atm.

Those same blokes voted him Captain and this year alone we've had something like 21 re-signings. You can guarantee he won't be playing for anyone but the Lions in 2017.

To clear it up, I'm not at all doubting Rockliffs off field problems and would agree it's probably in everyone's best interest if a suitable deal was found. But:

As your no doubt well aware I have been claiming he'd remain at the club in 2017 for quite a while now for a number of reasons. Whilst no one can doubt he has some serious off field problems and right now, a bad influence on the group, I think the club would much rather back the new regime in to change things around with Rockliff than to accept a rubbish deal for him.

From my understanding, the meeting went well enough the other day.

It's more the talk stemming from Gardiner remaining uncontracted than anything. But he is staying put.

Schache's pretty happy at Brisbane. His Mother, Step Father and siblings have been hugely supportive. I'm not expecting a contract extension anytime soon though but unless something drastic chances I'd be shocked to see him leave.

Nothing to be worried about here. Fagan is just caching up with a few of the players from Melbourne whilst there and the players are back home seeing family and friends. Presents a good chance to meet the interstate players, but to also introduce himself to their families.

"At one stage, earlier this year, we were talking about getting it done, then he said, 'look, I want to wait until I start playing better footy"

This quote is something that concerns me. I had it on pretty good authority that he'd be signing a 2/3 year deal from the only person who actually knows where Josh's future is, which I have briefly mentioned back in April and January this year. He was close to re-signing at one point despite opposition interest in him.

Personally, I'm pretty confident we will see Berry at the Lions.

Should be an announcement regarding him in the next month. Possibly sooner.

Can confirm that Richmond and two other Melbourne clubs have shown interest though.

As far as I know, announcement next week regarding McStay.

Just sayin Billy. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port Adelaide emerges as a frontrunner for Brisbane Lions free agent midfielder Tom Rockliff
AFL

tom_morris.jpg

The Lions proposals so far are believed to be well below what a player of Rockliff’s stature would demand from a rival club. The question Port Adelaide is currently contemplating is whether he is worth the asking price. Increasingly, the club is leaning towards yes without a firm commitment either way.

In May he instructed his management to re-open contract discussions with Brisbane, but last month put off talks because it was “best for the footy club.”

However it is understood dialogue between Brisbane and Rockliff’s management has recommenced in recent days, although even if he decides to stay, it’s unlikely that decision will be made before the end of the season.

Port’s growing interest for the 2014 All-Australian could create an October scenario where both South Australian clubs are trying to lure Rockliff.

Like the Power, the Crows see Rockliff as one of their primary off-season priorities but whether they have the financial wriggle room to outbid Ken Hinkley’s men is less clear.

Adelaide must also consider how to hold onto in-demand youngsters Jake Lever and Mitch McGovern, who are both receiving interest from interstate clubs and are out of contract at the end of the season.

Adelaide was keen on Rockliff last season but cooled around the time of the trade period, prompting him to sign on for 2017 and return to training with renewed vigour, despite losing the captaincy to Dayne Beams.

1f7a2c29ae1e066518469ef75a9eeb32

Tom Rockliff. (Photo by Michael Dodge/Getty Images)Source: Getty Images
“The most important factor for me is going to be my family, and what’s most important for me, (partner) Sharna and the young fella when he comes out,” Rockliff told AFL Media last month.

“That’s a selfish way to look at it, but I think you’ve got to do what’s right for yourself … (and) who knows what they (Brisbane) want?”

If the midfielder departs then Brisbane will be granted draft compensation that would further aid their rebuild. If they finish bottom and Rockliff leaves for a hefty sum, the Lions could have as many as four first-round draft picks in November. In part, that could explain the club’s seemingly luke warm approach to offering him a juicy contract.

Rockliff’s form has remained strong this season, averaging 25 disposals per outing.

"prompting him to sign on for 2017"?

o_O

"If they finish bottom and Rockliff leaves for a hefty sum, the Lions could have as many as four first-round draft picks in November."

Errr... how? We've got two, and Rocky would get us a third. I'm guessing someone thinks the GC/GWS compensation (two first round picks) still apply?

"prompting him to sign on for 2017"?

o_O

"If they finish bottom and Rockliff leaves for a hefty sum, the Lions could have as many as four first-round draft picks in November."

Errr... how? We've got two, and Rocky would get us a third. I'm guessing someone thinks the GC/GWS compensation (two first round picks) still apply?

18 is sorta end of first round. I guess.

18 is sorta end of first round. I guess.

:D

That works. Remind me to explain to my tennis partner that I just came "end of the first", not second.

I don't want to lose Rockcliff. I think we're better off as a team with him and we already traded forward with Hanley.

If we're to gain a Frawley style compensation though, that would be appealing. A Leuenberger trade pick would be a waste of time.

Given that the compensation is based on the length and value of the contract, along with the age of the player, what does it need to look like to get the former and not the latter? Does anyone have a copy of the 'AFL free agent compensation calculator.xlsx' file so we can reverse engineer any counter offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back