Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So was down at the laundromat doing washing, walk in, old woman already there, we just chill, each to their own.

About 10mins in, in walks some rando SE European accent mob, had like a Romanian get up going on I dunno, didn't ask. So, her washing is going, mine is going, the woman walks in holding hers and her hubby, bf, frigen uber drive I dunno he;

1. Walks to the end of the room.
  2. Tries the "staff only" locked door to obvious results.
  3. Lifts/opens the door on every washer, didn't matter if it was in use or not, he opened it to have a look.
  4. Got to mine that was 2 from the entry door, mind you this took all of maybe 30 seconds.
  5. I stood up to be all "oi mate", old woman was already walking to her machine to check.
  6. He lifted mine, let it drop.
  7. Spoke some gibberish to his woman, sat down on the furthest seat from me, meanwhile the woman stole the old womans seat.
  8. Old guy proceeded to max his volume, put his phone to his ear and play some s**t talk back radio station. Hence the southern european angle, bloody thick accents.

I was summarily pissy as I was also there to dry and all they did was screw with everything, wash their goods and piss off.

Meanwhile outside, a fam rocks up, see a woman walk into the fish n chip shop 2 doors down, her maybe 4yo is by the car pointing at it uttering something, she walks back, picks him up and they walk back into the fish n chip joint.

3pm in rando Sunbury street that has a laundromat in it next to both a pizza and fish n chip shop on a public holiday... note the imports v locals situation going on. She could have used the pilate place between the laundro and the pizza shop for her fat arse.

coming harry potter GIF

So was down at the laundromat doing washing, walk in, old woman already there, we just chill, each to their own.

About 10mins in, in walks some rando SE European accent mob, had like a Romanian get up going on I dunno, didn't ask. So, her washing is going, mine is going, the woman walks in holding hers and her hubby, bf, frigen uber drive I dunno he;

1. Walks to the end of the room.
  2. Tries the "staff only" locked door to obvious results.
  3. Lifts/opens the door on every washer, didn't matter if it was in use or not, he opened it to have a look.
  4. Got to mine that was 2 from the entry door, mind you this took all of maybe 30 seconds.
  5. I stood up to be all "oi mate", old woman was already walking to her machine to check.
  6. He lifted mine, let it drop.
  7. Spoke some gibberish to his woman, sat down on the furthest seat from me, meanwhile the woman stole the old womans seat.
  8. Old guy proceeded to max his volume, put his phone to his ear and play some s**t talk back radio station. Hence the southern european angle, bloody thick accents.

I was summarily pissy as I was also there to dry and all they did was screw with everything, wash their goods and piss off.

Meanwhile outside, a fam rocks up, see a woman walk into the fish n chip shop 2 doors down, her maybe 4yo is by the car pointing at it uttering something, she walks back, picks him up and they walk back into the fish n chip joint.

3pm in rando Sunbury street that has a laundromat in it next to both a pizza and fish n chip shop on a public holiday... note the imports v locals situation going on. She could have used the pilate place between the laundro and the pizza shop for her fat arse.

Sounds like you could make some weird arthouse movie about Sunbury. No plot , just lots of intertwined scenes of people doing weird surreal stuff.
See if you could get it released at Cannes , otherwise go for Cairnes.

Sounds like you could make some weird arthouse movie about Sunbury. No plot , just lots of intertwined scenes of people doing weird surreal stuff.
See if you could get it released at Cannes , otherwise go for Cairnes.

Would be shaky cam, starts out like a doco, introduce some aboriginal elders all "these bora rings are so legit" before a random roo jumps in and clocks him one, then off to the races we go as we just walk around town.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When was the last time either of them said anything even slightly amusing?

So dunno, I last recall someone asking Andy about Megan Lee when he was dating her, so he was even irrelevant back then.

They do TV now. And a weekly podcast.

Thier radio days were the best
At some point I actually liked them but for the past decade or more I've not heard anything from them that remotely resembles comedy.

In other news, there's 3 randos at a bus stop just slightly down the road having a talk, randomly, the woman of the group just straight screams. I went out to close a gate and have a gander and they're just sitting having a laugh and she's just randomly doing it so of course my assumption is;

Alcohol.
Illicit materials.
Generally they're not that bright.

Can't wait for that bus to show up...

On the Geelong train and something’s going on in the dunny.

Queues are forming. Conductor calling out to see if the person inside is okay. Not sure what’s going on.

Conductor yells out to dunny person that she’ll be coming back in 5 minutes to open the door if nothing’s changed.

Could be a code brown

Queues are forming. Conductor calling out to see if the person inside is okay. Not sure what’s going on.

Conductor yells out to dunny person that she’ll be coming back in 5 minutes to open the door if nothing’s changed.

Could be a code brown

What's the update, was the train stopped and someone tackled by uniformed individuals or did we indeed have a coded brown and someone got stuck in the can? You need to update this thread

Could be a code brown
A backed up dunny on the train is no fun

In my new series of "Sounds and sights of Sunbury", well, seemingly anyway... I couldn't sleep, and since eczema on the face decided to lip balm as was majorly dry, anyway. So I walk out to the kitchen and what do I see at minutes to 3am in the street light outside?

One person almost directly across from the driveway on the street, standing back to me, seemingly dressed in white.
The back wheel of a bike of some description.
When eventually, as it seemed they were in a discussion about something, the white person moved...
Guy in light shorts and black tank top of some descript sitting on said bike.

I took a video, as I want this s**t documented on the off chance something is amiss as it's 3am and there was some animated conversation happening before they skiddaddled out of view.

In my new series of "Sounds and sights of Sunbury", well, seemingly anyway... I couldn't sleep, and since eczema on the face decided to lip balm as was majorly dry, anyway. So I walk out to the kitchen and what do I see at minutes to 3am in the street light outside?

One person almost directly across from the driveway on the street, standing back to me, seemingly dressed in white.
The back wheel of a bike of some description.
When eventually, as it seemed they were in a discussion about something, the white person moved...
Guy in light shorts and black tank top of some descript sitting on said bike.

I took a video, as I want this s**t documented on the off chance something is amiss as it's 3am and there was some animated conversation happening before they skiddaddled out of view.

I'm thinking Aliens, they are gradually replacing the citizens with replicants.

For how long can we continue with one ruckman with minor support. The Bomber's ruckmen controlled the centre bounces in the last quarter and gave their midfielders an armchair ride.

Our midfielders are continually being blamed as our weak link and I believe this is unfair, as it is difficult week in and out to attack in the centre square when the opposition ruckmen are in control.

It's time there was a rethink with how we optimise our rucking for 120 minutes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back