The Recruit

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched last year's series but thought it was only mildly entertaining, but on the whole, quite weak.
Given the winner's lack of making any impact at AFL level whatsoever, I would have thought the show would run its race and not be back ever.
But it is. Does anyone know if there are some actual players who may have a chance of making it this time, or will it just be a personality contest like all other 'reality shows'?

I watched last year's series but thought it was only mildly entertaining, but on the whole, quite weak.
Given the winner's lack of making any impact at AFL level whatsoever, I would have thought the show would run its race and not be back ever.
But it is. Does anyone know if there are some actual players who may have a chance of making it this time, or will it just be a personality contest like all other 'reality shows'?
The Irish bloke is still going along at Geelong , been showing some signs apparently

The bloke that won last year should've been inelligable, he was already on a SANFL list and playing. Should be up to someone who's never had a chance, some amatuer because that's what the show promotes. Anyway last years winner was an absoloute dud, this years will have a lot to live up too

The bloke that won last year should've been inelligable, he was already on a SANFL list and playing. Should be up to someone who's never had a chance, some amatuer because that's what the show promotes. Anyway last years winner was an absoloute dud, this years will have a lot to live up too
Agree,are vfl listed players allowed in?,it might be why Jackson sketcher who has played vfl was back at his local club noble park this year and now has gone back to vfl footy a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
It's a bit cheesy and they skipped straight to the final 15 but I can't stop watching

Sick of Ben Dixon already trying to be one of the boys and giggling at Malthouse yelling which also seems extremely over the top.

Don't mind some of the lads and will be tuning in for a few weeks at least

Northern Blues development squad with some VFL players rotating in for short runs. Mick making out some of these guys are trying to make the Carlton side. From what I read from Josh Fraser, it was nothing like that.

You'd have to think they played a weaker side in the second half to allow them to come back from 3 goals to nil.

I'm a little sus on the theatre side of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Northern Blues development squad with some VFL players rotating in for short runs. Mick making out some of these guys are trying to make the Carlton side. From what I read from Josh Fraser, it was nothing like that.

You'd have to think they played a weaker side in the second half to allow them to come back from 3 goals to nil.

I'm a little sus on the theatre side of it.
Had a feeling. Considering that port selected was playing in the sanfl reserves

With inspiration like "you can get it, if you put in the effort", and taking match day advice from someone who isn't the captain, no wonder Malthouse had such a profound effect in his final coaching stint.

Boltons The Journey for me shows a much better (and more real) message for recruits but I get this is a show for the masses.

Will still watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back