Prediction The Rolling Outrageous Claims Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This one should get the juices flowing...

Duncan has not one, but two decent seasons of footy left in him. His 300th game will still have people incorrectly shaking their heads that he should've hung them up in 2022.
Double down time: Duncan remains one of our most important players. His shocker against Melbourne, awful first half against Port and absence against Gold Coast seriously hurt us.

Now the question is will he revert to his round 1-7 form, where people incorrectly diagnosed his severe decline? Or will he freshen up, come back strong and all of a sudden our defensive-offensive transitions improve along with results?

I can't sit on the fence so my outrageous claim is that Duncan will return, play pretty well, get criticised and we will climb out of our slump.

If we get the Duncan output of round 8-10 (shoddy or missing), we are stuffed. If we get round 1-7 Duncan, things will swiftly improve.

Double down time: Duncan remains one of our most important players. His shocker against Melbourne, awful first half against Port and absence against Gold Coast seriously hurt us.

Now the question is will he revert to his round 1-7 form, where people incorrectly diagnosed his severe decline? Or will he freshen up, come back strong and all of a sudden our defensive-offensive transitions improve along with results?

I can't sit on the fence so my outrageous claim is that Duncan will return, play pretty well, get criticised and we will climb out of our slump.

If we get the Duncan output of round 8-10 (shoddy or missing), we are stuffed. If we get round 1-7 Duncan, things will swiftly improve.
Oooof that is borderline outrageous

Tipping Sydney for the premiership is like tipping the Cats in '95.

You can talk yourself into it...but when they're embarrassed on GF day yet again you're going to wish you stuck with your gut.

They've had 3 genuinely awful Grand Final performances in a row now, as well as a dozen finals debacles along that journey.

How they escape scrutiny after the rubbish Collingwood, Port, Richmond, & Geelong have copped for less is beyond me.
Wow, this is looking poxy.
Cats 95 were not the best team in the comp, and were not in each of their GF losses.
Swans arguably should have beaten Hawks, but they are easily the team to beat after 10 rounds.

Oooof that is borderline outrageous
We already have to move Holmes from half back into midfield (in my opinion). Mullin it could be the same story.

Tuohy is absolutely done. Stewart is struggling minus another quality rebounder (it's just him and Zuthrie really). If Duncan is having nightmare games or missing our whole point of difference, slingshotting on the counter with good ball movement: it evaporates.

I realise adding explanations makes it less outrageous, so I better shut up now.

Ramblings, yes.
Paranoid, no.
Then why constantly feel the need to denigrate your own side and pump up the tyres of others?

It's nothing personal. I don't know you personally, but I'd hazard a guess you're a very kind hearted person. It emanates in your posting.

What also emanates is a level of paranoia rivalqling those who have been banned for trolling on this board, both opposition supporters and otherwise.

Why else would you do it? The once bitten, twice shy schtick of a tortured football supporter makes sense, and I can empathize with it to a degree.

If that's not the case, it must be said the constant negativity loses its wholesome charm.

Last edited:
We already have to move Holmes from half back into midfield (in my opinion). Mullin it could be the same story.

Tuohy is absolutely done. Stewart is struggling minus another quality rebounder (it's just him and Zuthrie really). If Duncan is having nightmare games or missing our whole point of difference, slingshotting on the counter with good ball movement: it evaporates.

I realise adding explanations makes it less outrageous, so I better shut up now.
Yeah borderline outrageous. I feel like Duncan hitting form is a required but insufficient step.

I also think we have options for rebound from half back

1715958304903.png

Yeah borderline outrageous. I feel like Duncan hitting form is a required but insufficient step.

I also think we have options for rebound from half back

View attachment 1991945
Yep I would also be tempted to roll the dice on Humpries soon. At least give him a couple of games soon and see. Time for Tuohy to start planning for his Gaelic return after a fantastic career.

Then why constantly feel the need to denigrate your own side and pump up the tires of others?

It's nothing personal. I don't know you personally, but I'd hazard a guess you're a very kind hearted person. It eminates in your posting.

What also eminates is a level of paranoia rivaling those who have been banned for trolling on this board, both opposition supporters and otherwise.

Why else would you do it? The once bitten, twice shy schtick of a tortured football supporter makes sense, and I can empathize with it to a degree.

If that's not the case, it must be said the the constant negativity loses its wholesome charm.
Emanates.
Tyres.
Rivalling

Support for our players individually is a mainstay for me, BUT I see this season exactly as it is evolving.
We are reliant on 2 aged brilliant players, and most of the other oldies look absolutely past it, and our up and comers are not at a standard to make me think we should be discussing our potential chances deep in September, which is what we read weekly.
The fact that I don't see it that way is not paranoia, it is not denigration, it is just my opinion as a very senior Cats supporter. That is not trolling.
Posting can be cathartic for supporters.
If that's ban-worthy, I would be relieved.

Appreciate your insights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Emanates.
Tyres.
Rivalling

Support for our players individually is a mainstay for me, BUT I see this season exactly as it is evolving.
We are reliant on 2 aged brilliant players, and most of the other oldies look absolutely past it, and our up and comers are not at a standard to make me think we should be discussing our potential chances deep in September, which is what we read weekly.
The fact that I don't see it that way is not paranoia, it is not denigration, it is just my opinion as a very senior Cats supporter. That is not trolling.
Posting can be cathartic for supporters.
If thats banworthy, I would be relieved
I actually appreciate the grammar checks.

Generally a good reminder that the drowsiness might be setting in through the early hours of the morning.

I think you and I both know we're not talking about this year though.

It's a consistent theme with you, whether we be successful or otherwise.

I ignored it mainly because I believed I understood why you do it, but it appears I don't.

Incredible call this one considering we were 7-0 at the time. Looking extremely likely.
Melbourne and Gold Coast were good calls I basically agreed with.

Losing both Port and GWS at home alongside them, for a 4 loss streak? He is a genius if he pulls this off. Seriously, look at how many times we've lost two games in Geelong in a row under Scott. It might have happened...twice?

I'd be happy for them to start pumping games into Humphries as a rebound HBF with smooth skills, but we're already doing that with Clark (and TBF, midfield is a bigger priority). It's a delicate balance, but if games keep going like they have recently, the pendulum's going to swing from "back the oldies" to "blood the newbies" pretty quick.

Yeah unfortunately this isn’t an outrageous claim anymore so it cannot be valid.
Season 6 Win GIF by Friends

I actually appreciate the grammar checks.

Generally a good reminder that the drowsiness might be setting in through the early hours of the morning.

I think you and I both know we're not talking about this year though.

It's a consistent theme with you, whether we be successful or otherwise.

I ignored it mainly because I believed I understood why you do it, but it appears I don't.
Me either.
Apart from what I said

Outrageous?
We will not win a game in May.
I’m big on mocking you for your pessimism but you nailed this one so I doff my hat to you.

Film Festival Greetings GIF by Atlanta Jewish Film Festival

Remove this Banner Ad

Back