Roast The Rotten Stench of the AFC

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely other than fitness it’s almost impossible to train physically to be an umpire, is it all tape watching?
Like goal umpires, how do they actually train to do the decision making?
Decision making is well down the list behind positioning , communication, bounce skill, consistency and fitness

At least with goal umpires you can weed out those who make continual errors in decisions

Isn't one of the common issues that people have is that the umpires are not full time professional umpires?
AS far as cheating goes, I don't think it is relevant. Imagine you get a part time job with the AFL posting vouchers to ticket holders. The hourly rate is really, really good. You hate Port members. Do you jeopardize this nice little earner by cheating? I don't think so.

Please adjust your tinfoil hat. Umpires are professionals just like the players. They don't have loyalties just like the players. They just try to the job they are being paid to do to the best of their abilities. If they don't they get demoted and lose income. I stopped believing umpires cheat 30 years ago.

Do you still eat apricot slice?

AS far as cheating goes, I don't think it is relevant. Imagine you get a part time job with the AFL posting vouchers to ticket holders. The hourly rate is really, really good. You hate Port members. Do you jeopardize this nice little earner by cheating? I don't think so.
s**t yeah 😆

s**t yeah 😆
Me Too Reaction GIF

Not the best example to support your position as you could post vouchers to all the other club ticket holders but only send out 50% of the Port ones.

Very easy "the others must have got lost in the mail"

Just chewing it over and trying to work out who I would like to keep from Roo on down through Kelly to the entire football dept.
I think it’s only Burgess.
Maybe I’d give Hombsch some more time seeing as his he’s new. And maybe Reid, for Dawson and Rankine. I think I’d be happy to see a complete clean out/start again otherwise.
Players are a different story, and I see real promise there. I’m more concerned with everyone else.

Just chewing it over and trying to work out who I would like to keep from Roo on down through Kelly to the entire football dept.
I think it’s only Burgess.
Maybe I’d give Hombsch some more time seeing as his he’s new. And maybe Reid, for Dawson and Rankine. I think I’d be happy to see a complete clean out/start again otherwise.
Players are a different story, and I see real promise there. I’m more concerned with everyone else.
Burgess is the only one i would keep but i would reduce his wage. The board, silvers, roo, reid, ogilvie, kelly, nicks, assistants can all go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely other than fitness it’s almost impossible to train physically to be an umpire, is it all tape watching?
Like goal umpires, how do they actually train to do the decision making?
Testing them for common sense would be a good start.

Testing all of their eyesight...

Has this one been posted yet?

Imagine letting a bloke called “Wolfgang Raven Wildgrace” who gives lectures about “toxic masculinity” anywhere near your players.

Counsellor at infamous Crows camp charged with child sex crimes

April 24, 2024 - 9:37PM

Collective Mind Crows camp counsellor Wolfgang Raven Wildgrace faces 33 charges​

A life coach who lectured the Adelaide Crows on “toxic masculinity” during their infamous 2018 pre-season camp has been arrested and charged with historic child sex offending.

Wolfgang Raven Wildgrace was charged with multiple offences, including rape, by Queensland Police after he and his partner sparked a “missing persons” alert.

Mr Wildgrace, 58, and Sonya Maria Lindley-Jones, 51, both of Jindalee, went missing in February and were subsequently arrested in the Cairns hinterland tourist village of Kuranda.

Mr Wildgrace has yet to plead to 32 counts of indecent treatment and one count of rape.

Ms Lindley-Jones has yet to plead to one count of indecent treatment of a child under 16.

Queensland Police allege the charges arise from “offending … at multiple locations in the north coast region”.

The duo are known for their work, in the Brisbane area, as New Age life coaches.

Prior to their arrests, they had last been seen driving their distinctive orange 4WD marked with “Wildgrace Counselling and Therapies” logos and the licence plate “Growth”.

Imagine letting a bloke called “Wolfgang Raven Wildgrace” who gives lectures about “toxic masculinity” anywhere near your players.

Collective Mind Crows camp counsellor Wolfgang Raven Wildgrace faces 33 charges​

A life coach who lectured the Adelaide Crows on “toxic masculinity” during their infamous 2018 pre-season camp has been arrested and charged with historic child sex offending.

Wolfgang Raven Wildgrace was charged with multiple offences, including rape, by Queensland Police after he and his partner sparked a “missing persons” alert.

Mr Wildgrace, 58, and Sonya Maria Lindley-Jones, 51, both of Jindalee, went missing in February and were subsequently arrested in the Cairns hinterland tourist village of Kuranda.

Mr Wildgrace has yet to plead to 32 counts of indecent treatment and one count of rape.

Ms Lindley-Jones has yet to plead to one count of indecent treatment of a child under 16.

Queensland Police allege the charges arise from “offending … at multiple locations in the north coast region”.

The duo are known for their work, in the Brisbane area, as New Age life coaches.

Prior to their arrests, they had last been seen driving their distinctive orange 4WD marked with “Wildgrace Counselling and Therapies” logos and the licence plate “Growth”.
******* scum

& Birdbrain thought we should pay this charlatan money to take our players on a camp... which was endorsed by club management

Surely the name would have been warning enough for us to stay away?

This segment earlier on the week that Bartel does with Eddie Maguire is actually a really revealing one, about how clubs are perceived internally within the AFL. He was banging on about how pissed he would be if he were Adelaide, but the Crows have always been 'coonservative' and 'afraid to upset the AFL'.

To me this is the root of our problems, we are not a progressive football club in terms of actually operationg a high performance team. We have no idea how to play talent, we have no idea how to rotate a squad, we have no idea how to kick up a fuss and puff our chest out when its required and ultimatley we have no ******* idea what it takes to win flags.

I've thought this many times. You could see at the time that Walsh's mantras around honesty and frank analysis sat uncomfortably with the Admin. They toed the line during his tenure, but pivoted away quite quickly after he passed away, back to our comfort zone.

We are not a club that is comfortable challenging itself, it's practices, it's performance and it's people. It's not an organisation that is willing to what it takes to win. "The club is bigger than the individual" is not a mantra that sits well at our club, because there are far too many people - admin and players - who have elevated themselves above the club.

I honestly believe that this is because our early success under Blight created a buffer for those that came after him, Bill Sanders and Bob Hammond. The club has ridden that success and the consequent fan base and membership for far too long. There are definite challenges in operating within a skewed AFL system, but we choose to play in this league so we have to overcome those hurdles, but until we have a board that has winning as its primary KPI, we will continue to be a mediocre club.

We're run like a public service department. Have been for years and years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back