The Rugby World Cup Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel that poor ball handling more than anything cost us. How many friggin times did we knock on, or turn it over in the ruck, and even in open play the amount of balls that were dropped/fumbled.

And rugby players, please can someone get them a kicking coach? At Test level, some of these backmen should be a hell of a lot better than they are at the art of kicking. :mad:

OMG, we just got rolled by a team that is unable to score tries. New Zealand and South Africa would be rolling around on the ground in tears giggling themselves stupid:mad:

It's just frustrating that this can happen... we're not the best, but **** I didn't think we'd go out in the quarters to England.

I feel that poor ball handling more than anything cost us. How many friggin times did we knock on, or turn it over in the ruck, and even in open play the amount of balls that were dropped/fumbled.

And rugby players, please can someone get them a kicking coach? At Test level, some of these backmen should be a hell of a lot better than they are at the art of kicking. :mad:

But those handling errors came because of the pressure of their scrum and ruck. We got manhandled.

Only saw the second half.
Jeezuz wept it was awful.
Error after error after error, half the players seemed to have soap on their hands with all the fumbles and knock-ons.
We never looked any good and deserved to get rolled.

Breakdowns were diabolical. Gregan just friggin standing there. Lote got the ball, what, three times? Shithouse attack, pissweak forwards. I'd have been embarrassed if we'd won, because that display didn't deserve it. Well done England.

Feel free to flame me rugby fans but when I saw on TV a few months ago the Wallaby players in some kind of sadistic boot camp before the world cup I said to myself that they'd flame out like they did tonight.

How the heck are you supposed to bond as a team when it looks like you're in the aftermath of a Maury "My teen is out of control!" episode? Far better to have the players over for a couple of rounds of golf or something, followed by a couple of quiet ones ffs. Anyway, that's my 2c.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel free to flame me rugby fans but when I saw on TV a few months ago the Wallaby players in some kind of sadistic boot camp before the world cup I said to myself that they'd flame out like they did tonight.

How the heck are you supposed to bond as a team when it looks like you're in the aftermath of a Maury "My teen is out of control!" episode? Far better to have the players over for a couple of rounds of golf or something, followed by a couple of quiet ones ffs. Anyway, that's my 2c.

Go do army basic at kapooka and see if you feel the same way :)

Fair play to England - boring but highly effective.

As for Australia - until we learn to scrummage we can forget about winning the World Cup or anything else for that matter. Our performance in that department was a disgrace, our pack simply isn't big enough. Our front row (bar Dunning) is tiny, these lads need a bit of body fat - they're "athletes" not forwards. We were owned time & again, any minor English infringement was of no gain to us simply because we couldn't even stay up in the scrum. We weren't even pulling them down, our lads were simply not strong enough & collapsing under the pressure.

Apart from that the general performance was ordinary. Our "effort" at the the breakdown was simply abysmal, time & again we were isolated and turned the ball over and there were too many knock-on's by players thinking a play ahead. Gregan took forever & a day to keep play moving & it just played into England's hands. We just could not get any continuity, anything past 3rd phase ball was almost a miracle. When we did have the ball in hand and managed to get a bit of run the decision making was so slow England were able to pick us off time & again.

The other mystery - why did Drew Mitchell not get a start? he was the only one that looked dangerous when he got on the pitch and his form coming in was good.

Incredibly disappointing but we got what we deserved. Until we learn how to scrummage we're going to be dealing with this type of disappointment for years to come.

Fair play to England - boring but highly effective.

As for Australia - until we learn to scrummage we can forget about winning the World Cup or anything else for that matter. Our performance in that department was a disgrace, our pack simply isn't big enough. Our front row (bar Dunning) is tiny, these lads need a bit of body fat - they're "athletes" not forwards. We were owned time & again, any minor English infringement was of no gain to us simply because we couldn't even stay up in the scrum. We weren't even pulling them down, our lads were simply not strong enough & collapsing under the pressure.

Apart from that the general performance was ordinary. Our "effort" at the the breakdown was simply abysmal, time & again we were isolated and turned the ball over and there were too many knock-on's by players thinking a play ahead. Gregan took forever & a day to keep play moving & it just played into England's hands. We just could not get any continuity, anything past 3rd phase ball was almost a miracle. When we did have the ball in hand and managed to get a bit of run the decision making was so slow England were able to pick us off time & again.

The other mystery - why did Drew Mitchell not get a start? he was the only one that looked dangerous when he got on the pitch and his form coming in was good.

Incredibly disappointing but we got what we deserved. Until we learn how to scrummage we're going to be dealing with this type of disappointment for years to come.

We need them the same size as Andy Sheridan...6 foot 5 120 kg's.

I've never been more disgusted with a Wallaby performance. As both sides ran on to the pitch I knew we'd lose. The poms were amped and we were day dreaming.

It told all over the park. The few half breaks we made ended up as turnovers because the poms got there in numbers and we thought we just had to walk out there and win. It's the WORLD CUP QUARTERS!!!! If you can't get up for that then you don't deserve to wear the Aussie gold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back