The state of AFL Media

Remove this Banner Ad

We must never forget that in any discussion about the AFL media is that any AFL journo that doesn't big up the game on a regular basis losses their AFL accreditation, which would explain some of the c##p that is written sometimes.
I guess a bit like living in China or Russia or even North Korea where things happen to you if you don't tow the party line or in this case the AFL line ;)

We must never forget that in any discussion about the AFL media is that any AFL journo that doesn't big up the game on a regular basis losses their AFL accreditation, which would explain some of the c##p that is written sometimes.
I guess a bit like living in China or Russia or even North Korea where things happen to you if you don't tow the party line or in this case the AFL line ;)

Bit too cynical, more like no scones with the coffee.

Sure, but that "column" would fail Grade 4 creative writing class

Damien Barrett got asked today ‘ surely Scott Pendlebury’s opinion surely wouldn’t influence the tribunal’s decision’ and he argued it would. He was virtually saying the tribunal has no integrity but he wasn’t saying this like it was something wrong but rather yes! more power to social media and media like me.
We have ex players trying to make themselves out as experts yet forget their responsibility to the game such as continually defending current players for their actions such as today when a player deliberately approached and made unnecessary contact to a stationary umpire.
we have tv commentators so busy trying to make up little memorable quips that they repeat over and over like ‘up the chimney’ they don’t commentate the game properly.
There are that many so called experts in the media they spend most of their weeks trying to create headlines and theories and then argue with each other about them.
Then you have conflicted media player agents arguing with conflicted media club representatives etc What a mess. Zero integrity.
i Know the demand is there but honestly if at least half of the football media found other professions tomorrow they wouldn’t be missed.

The Pies sacked their president, coach, had a review that found them racist, potential board challenge, had a disastrous trade period, finished 17th and gave away their first round pick for peanuts, yet you hear no criticism from the media. But Carlton on the other hand...

Pies coaching process took 6 weeks and all was positive from the media - Carlton says their process will take 30-45 days and apparently we’re a laughing stock.

AFL journos: "Carlton need to run a proper process"

Also AFL journos: "why did Carlton make Ross Lyon go through a proper process?"

The Pies sacked their president, coach, had a review that found them racist, potential board challenge, had a disastrous trade period, finished 17th and gave away their first round pick for peanuts, yet you hear no criticism from the media. But Carlton on the other hand...

Pies coaching process took 6 weeks and all was positive from the media - Carlton says their process will take 30-45 days and apparently we’re a laughing stock.

AFL journos: "Carlton need to run a proper process"

Also AFL journos: "why did Carlton make Ross Lyon go through a proper process?"

AFL Media journos?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back