Current The Strange Disappearance of Nicola Bulley - Lancashire

Remove this Banner Ad

I did not spend enough time to be certain but I decided that whatever you posted does not change or diminish the info I posted it just complicates it : that being there was a big surge of water the day prior to her being found.
I've agreed a storm surge likely factored in to the body surfacing.

Looking at it simply though, how did she drown in under 1m of water?

I've agreed a storm surge likely factored in to the body surfacing.

Okay kurve so why do you suggest that, how do we know that she did ?
if she did that would indeed be a challenge but still possible

this video has a little bit about water levels , not much though. doesn't look like there's much tidal range

Okay kurve so why do you suggest that, how do we know that she did ?
if she did that would indeed be a challenge but still possible

We know that she probably drowned in the river because she was found in the river where most of us thought she would be.

My point is that I don't think the height of the river was constant at under 1m. And the proof that there are probably channels in the middle of a fairly narrow river that Nicola might not have anticipated, is that you can see it in that video you posted.

So I think Nicola fell in, on trying to find a sandbank where she could safely get out that didn't require a lot of climbing in wet clothes, she got in over her head.

She may have had a medical incident (e.g., heart attack) that incapacitated her, or simply panicked. The clothes she was wearing, once soaked, would have weighed a helluva lot for a middle-aged woman.

One of my family members drowned in much less water. It can happen.

Hang on, are you guys suggesting this wasn’t suicide? Ever since the cops released that update about vulnerabilities, and the backstory, you knew it was a matter of time before she was found in the river and that it was extremely likely to be suicide.

Hang on, are you guys suggesting this wasn’t suicide? Ever since the cops released that update about vulnerabilities, and the backstory, you knew it was a matter of time before she was found in the river and that it was extremely likely to be suicide.

I'm going with accident. She had the dog with her and attended a work meeting, that probably indicates it wasn't a suicide.

I never understood how people can suicide themselves anyway in shallow water when instinct to take a breath takes over.

I'm going with accident. She had the dog with her and attended a work meeting, that probably indicates it wasn't a suicide.

I never understood how people can suicide themselves anyway in shallow water when instinct to take a breath takes over.
She would have screamed, made herself heard.

Reports say there was about a foot more depth in the river at the time of disappearance.
mixed opinions also regarding the sign saying deep water, some say it was shallow and others deep. tidal movement is not much in that section, I don't understand how the tides happens in the St michaels area.
im confident in saying that's why there are no tide charts for it , but there are tide charts for places nearby and that's because they are actually real tides connected directly to the sea and the tidal range is huge about 8 metres. there would be times when these huge tides affect the river it maybe just a tiny bit of the 8m tide overflowing into St michaels river section.
likely only a foot or two of tidal range I am not sure though so don't mind being corrected

Reports say there was about a foot more depth in the river at the time of disappearance.
mixed opinions also regarding the sign saying deep water, some say it was shallow and others deep. tidal movement is not much in that section, I don't understand how the tides happens in the St michaels area.
im confident in saying that's why there are no tide charts for it , but there are tide charts for places nearby and that's because they are actually real tides connected directly to the sea and the tidal range is huge about 8 metres. there would be times when these huge tides affect the river it maybe just a tiny bit of the 8m tide overflowing into St michaels river section.
likely only a foot or two of tidal range I am not sure though so don't mind being corrected

My reading has the river as 'becoming' tidal at St Michaels.

this pdf thing says
cartford Bridge is the tidal limit :

"Cartford Bridge,
at Little Eccleston, marks the normal
tidal limit of the Wyre"

Which IF correct means that St Michael's is just beyond the area affected so it would not have tidal influence.

d0809f22738448d634e62df2cf818ab8.jpg

can't add link for pdf sorry
not sure how to do that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched a youtuber who walks down the river , and bothers locals, but asks some good questions.
The first section the water is flowing as a river does towards the ocean at times fairly fast, ( it may have been higher & faster in initial stages after she disappeared according to some reports unverified)
Seems to be that this area is not tidal affected (at the moment, at least during filming , water marks evidence observed , recently).
Then he shows walking to the weir, theres fairly fast flow over water ,
body would have to be floating to go over (where a body could have gone over if certain water levels were higher but not during sunken stage) the body may have floated up eventually ,
then there was the storm surge that I posted about, that there moment a body could have gone right over the weir ,allowing objects to easily flow over when water returned back out to to ocean again...
Then he showed where body found , looks around at the water flow,
and the ocean tide starts to appear , water flow starts coming back the other way from the oceans tidal influence . very interesting seeing this,
also can see the tide marks on the bank that are a metre or so high recently , I can understand after seeing that video. 18:21 is the time stamp to see the tide turn right at the cadaver recovery site

after searching for many days to understand more about the tides in the river finally found some information, this is the best one so far that I have seen. this youtuber goes into much detail with the river and maps, theorises that a body was not there during search. interviews the search guy PF who says she was not in the river.
it's a long video but i think best parts are at 20:00 for a 10min section then at 50:00 another section.

There was a youtuber arrested a few days ago for continuing on this case
A few other youtubers are still making videos too, because they think this case is suspicious and things don't add up.
While watching some videos over the last few days I saw one that has details of the tides everyday during the disappearance, I like to learn about these things, i think this storm surge may have dislodged the body, the "experts" said that it would take about 6-8 days for this body to float, this timing is crucial and doesn't line up with when this body was found.
The tidal range was barely moving a few centimetres per day, for 22 days;
0:50m at its highest, down to 0:36m (at lowest = 14 centimetre)
The storm surge event was~ 39cm centimetre rise of water level on the 18th, one day before body found, this was the single highest water level during the ~ 23 days NB was missing.

video time :
1 hour 9 mins

83d35a0b28782686a0a814531b64c902.jpg
99cf9b8ed68349484d9b2036e76b8bbf.jpg

This is the youtuber curtis who was arrested and banned.
there's a few other videos on his channell if you are interested.

This guy has presented his case about why he thinks nicola was murdered.
I have watched all these and think he has some good things to show, you will need a few hours to watch them all. the latest video reveals that nicola body was floating down the river with incoming tide before she went into the reeds and got caught up in them. the guy who found her says so...
it's the last video called "the last piece"

“Nicola Bulley was alive when she fell in the River Wyre, had not been drinking and died by drowning with no sign of foul play, her inquest heard today.”

Professor Michael Tipton, a world-leading expert on the effects of falling into cold water, gave evidence about how a typical response to plunging into a river where the temperature was 10C or below was to 'gasp' and inhale one or two litres of water.

Commenting on Ms Bulley's build and the heavy outdoor clothing she was wearing on the day she went missing, he said: 'It would only take one or two breaths to cross the lethal dose for drowning.'

Someone in that situation would have around 25 seconds before they lost consciousness, he said, experiencing 'very rapid incapacitation'.

Police diver Matthew Thackray said photographs shown to the hearing of the riverbank above which Ms Bulley was last seen showed there was a steep 'cliff edge' into the water where she fell.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back