Current The Strange Disappearance of Nicola Bulley - Lancashire

Remove this Banner Ad

They’ve gone nuts over this case, and I’m really curious about the psychology behind it.

And it’s the majority on the Facebook groups that are absolutely convinced there’s some sort of conspiracy to it?

And it’s not like they back down when more information comes to light, they dig in harder.

Why they can’t say oh well now police have revealed x, I’ve changed my opinion. Instead any information that contradicts their theory is evidence of conspiracy.

Worlds gone mad.
The police are all in on the cover up, all politicians are paedophiles, you know it's true.

The 'expert' should have made it very clear at the start that their sonar/scanner equipment couldn't penetrate reeds and vegetation. Instead, he was too busy talking himself up, putting himself front and centre. I'm sure he knows what he's doing and I'm sure he was thorough with what he had - but he should have spelt it all out, at the start, instead of bringing it up now.

There’s no way she got kidnapped broad daylight in such a small time window in a very public place. It’s getting a bit outrageous that this theory is continuing to get legs and the police who have all the facts are being questioned so much with their findings.

I’m not quoting this to big note or anything, more just as a timely reminder from both this case and Idaho murders that the police generally know what they are doing and play the situations with the general public with motives to get the best outcome. Sure some cops are bent but 99% aren’t and we need to stop thinking everything is a Netflix doco haha

Confirmed now it’s Nicola.

Interesting her body was found by a psychic medium!

Spiritual medium Jason Rothwell, 33, found the mother-of-two's body in the River Wyre yesterday.

He was seen in pictures pointing to the waters where Lancashire Police massed yesterday afternoon.

Mr Rothwell, from Oldham, said before the press conference: 'I was not asked by the police or Nicola's family to become involved in this case, but having seen the wild speculation and hurtful commentary that has been ongoing, and having previously assisted in the recovery of Michael Brooks, I decided to use whatever 'gift' it is we mediums possess to try and locate Nicola Bulley.”

The reasoning behind Police releasing her personal situation was to stop the people who were trying to sell that information to the media.

There's an attempt to explain the wild conspiracy theories and frenzied atmosphere around the investigation in this article.

That the police were proved right and which most of us reasonably expected at least initially, was sadly probably what happened, isn't going to help.

Before we blame social media and the unlovely traits of attention-seeking and hysteria it rewards, there is a more important context. More people now lack confidence in the police than have confidence, according to YouGov. The proximal cause is the Metropolitan police – to whom the charge of institutional misogyny now feels like a mild description of the full story. These extraordinary failures – from not vetting officers to not investigating charges against officers, to the convicted rapists and murderers in its ranks – point to a culture not just of misogyny but of systematised and flagrant violence against women.

I’m not quoting this to big note or anything, more just as a timely reminder from both this case and Idaho murders that the police generally know what they are doing and play the situations with the general public with motives to get the best outcome. Sure some cops are bent but 99% aren’t and we need to stop thinking everything is a Netflix doco haha

IMO even if it was 1% bent, that's a lot of cops to wreak havoc.

It was the statement that there were no signs of her entering the water that threw me.

Last edited:
It was the statement that there were no signs of her entering the water that thew me.

It was the 'head of the dive team' who it turns out was an attention seeking volunteer claiming she wasn't in the river that had me questioning after being pretty confident she probably was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

there was a storm the day before the body was found.
I had suspected that a storm surge occured, after a look at weather maps and maps etc it had the ingredients. now have just seen a video that shows this happened , not sure about details of this tide graph. this could explain why the body surfaced where it did

3c81e98339778a813dc584615af0333a.jpg

Last edited:
there was a storm the day before the body was found.
I had suspected that a storm surge occured, after a look at weather maps and maps etc it had the ingredients. now have just seen a video that shows this happened , not sure about details of this tide graph. this could explain why the body surfaced where it did

Storm would churn things up a bit.

A lot of attention seems to be going on the fact that she was found only one mile from the bench where presumably she'd gone in and that divers were there within hours looking for her with the question being, why didn't they find her?

I'm thinking she might have fallen in and then realised she can't get up the embankment so she's travelled with the flow which is downstream, trying to find a place where it's easier to get out, getting exhausted she's encountered a dip in the river bed and was suddenly in over her head without the strength left to keep herself up.

She could have walked/paddled/tried to swim some way and out of the immediate area opposite the bench before that happened.

the storm surge could have raised the water level for a few hours or more and then when the water level dropped back to normal it left the body on the surface. this chart shows the water level the day prior to finding. it is possibly almost a metre of water- ( if I'm reading it correctly ? )

Im not 100% on the suicide theory, I think a slim chance of foul play still remains. autopsy hopefully tells the truth
9de855d01015cf15de432511e1aea54b.jpg

the storm surge could have raised the water level for a few hours or more and then when the water level dropped back to normal it left the body on the surface. this chart shows the water level the day prior to finding. it is possibly almost a metre of water- ( if I'm reading it correctly ? )

Im not 100% on the suicide theory, I think a slim chance of foul play still remains. autopsy hopefully tells the truth
9de855d01015cf15de432511e1aea54b.jpg

Yeh not a fan of suicide here. Is that graph of river levels at St. Michael's? This is specific to St. Michael's where the range is pretty big in that it goes from almost zero to nearly 5m.

The usual range of the River Wyre at St Michaels is between 0.40m and 4.73m. It has been between these levels for 90% of the time since monitoring began.

The typical recent level of the River Wyre at St Michaels over the past 12 months has been between 0.23m and 2.51m. It has been between these levels for at least 151 days in the past year.

The highest level ever recorded at the River Wyre at St Michaels is 5.01m, reached on Sunday 6th December 2015 at 12:15am.

Yeh not a fan of suicide here. Is that graph of river levels at St. Michael's? This is specific to St. Michael's where the range is pretty big in that it goes from almost zero to nearly 5m.

The usual range of the River Wyre at St Michaels is between 0.40m and 4.73m. It has been between these levels for 90% of the time since monitoring began.

The typical recent level of the River Wyre at St Michaels over the past 12 months has been between 0.23m and 2.51m. It has been between these levels for at least 151 days in the past year.

The highest level ever recorded at the River Wyre at St Michaels is 5.01m, reached on Sunday 6th December 2015 at 12:15am.
I am not sure where St michaels is, it may be a different section of the river.( in a few days I will have time to check)
I can see from the photos and footage that we have seen during the case the little river, there is not much chance that River has a tidal range of metres, it looks impossible when the sides of the river are not high enough. the graph I posted is from the video also posted , but my guess is that cannot be the same place because if the water level came up 4 metres it will bust the banks. even 1 metre seems to be a very big storm surge and I wasn't sure if that was a mistake. the information you are looking at might be the highest level from rain or from tides.
the information I posted is from a storm surge , that is a different phenomenon and is not seen on a tide forecast chart

I am not sure where St michaels is, it may be a different section of the river.( in a few days I will have time to check)
I can see from the photos and footage that we have seen during the case the little river, there is not much chance that River has a tidal range of metres, it looks impossible when the sides of the river are not high enough. the graph I posted is from the video also posted , but my guess is that cannot be the same place because if the water level came up 4 metres it will bust the banks. even 1 metre seems to be a very big storm surge and I wasn't sure if that was a mistake. the information you are looking at might be the highest level from rain or from tides.
the information I posted is from a storm surge , that is a different phenomenon and is not seen on a tide forecast chart

St. Michael's is where Nicola's presumed to have fallen in the river. Maybe not a tidal range of metres, there's probably a deeper channel in the middle of the river

I had a quick look at what this all means kurve:
I did not spend enough time to be certain but I decided that whatever you posted does not change or diminish the info I posted it just complicates it : that being there was a big surge of water the day prior to her being found.
the graph shows just one big surge of water and no more . that is the reason they suggest led to the body being exposed,
just look at the picture posted and if we are to believe it, that's all the information we need, we don't need the extra tide charts that none of us understand anyways.

I do doubt that the tide can be 2 or 4 metres like your charts say because the river would be flooding over the sides every time.

I noticed that the deepest point in the river was 4.7m and the shallowest 0.4m
when reading a different article, rings a bell?

the water level surge that I'm posting is from a "storm surge"
you can look it up , or remember that I've mentioned this phenomenon before in other cases named the "inverse barometer effect",
in this situation it was a combination of a strong wind in a certain direction forcing water up the river , a low barometric pressure (plus a new moon may or may not have added).

in the picture the couple of days prior there is pretty mich nothing , and after there is also pretty much nothing,
this single peak is the only notable water level rise
53c904fe35749130effcabd98b171d33.jpg

OK hold on , I may have spoken too soon kurve , have found a tide chart that I can read , the one posted wasn't the type I understand. later will look with more time ,
the chart I have found is for a place 8 miles away and the range is huge ; it goes up to 9metres .
so this means I could be wrong. obviously that river cannot possibly hold that much water or it would burst . will look more tomorrow...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back