Analysis The Suddenly Thread 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently Western Bulldogs are the "real deal" and we aren't because "North haven't beaten anyone" - but the sides we've beaten have won a combined 10 games this year. The teams the Dogs have beaten have won 3. Our draw has been "easy" despite travelling three times already whereas the Dogs have played all 5 games at their home venue. Not to mention that we are yet to play a Victorian side in Victoria - added to the zero Free to Air games we've had so far it's hardly what the membership or marketing department would have wanted. High scoring games are deemed attractive football and the League and media have been creaming themselves about the increase in scoring this year. Despite North games this year having more total points than anyone else, and by the end of today the Bulldogs will probably have the least, the Dogs are the exciting glamour team and our "shootouts" are seen as a weakness.

Not having a go at the Dogs themselves (much), but somehow they've tapped into some positive media spin that we've totally missed out on. If I'm told that their "everyone's 2nd favourite team" one more time, as their former coach said, I'll spew up!

True.

Even today I heard Kingy going on about how the Dogs wouldn't have lost any friends last night whilst North have had such and easy draw that they aren't playing that well, just "cashing in". The defensive Dogs played the game on "their terms" and should get credit for restricting us to 61.

Now I know Kingy is an A-grade flog - but seriously...c'mon...FFS...

Even today I heard Kingy going on about how the Dogs wouldn't have lost any friends last night whilst North have had such and easy draw that they aren't playing that well, just "cashing in". The defensive Dogs played the game on "their terms" and should get credit for restricting us to 61.

There is no but.

I'm becoming no longer convinced he is even a token supporter.

We beat them at their own game, we did so better than the 3peat premiers did.

King is a knob in the media.

Kingy has to get lots of milage out of the doggies because the other team he said was bound for glory (tigers) are seriously s**t. And his poster bpy rance is sitting on the sidelines.

Is this the same imbecile who predicted that North would miss the eight and that Richmond would finish top four? King's credibility is shot as a football analyst. :stern look

Pretty sure I read an article earlier on fox sports with Kingy saying we still hadn't beaten anyone. Seems to have disappeared now

Well Browny...Ed...and Drainye...were talking us up the last 5 mins of tonight's game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do agree that our draws notably harder 2nd half. Which is why its crucial to bank as many points as we can before hand. And fortunately we have played well enough so far to do so.

Some spud on SEN or 774 just said they were impressed by Sydney's game, might be right but our win was due to an easy draw I bet o_O
Too true. Brisbane's home form this season - loss to North by 30+, beat Gold Coast, loss to Sydney by 3 points. What conclusion would a scientist come to based on these statistics? I'm betting it would be diametrically opposed to present media opinion.

M
I'm not so worried about Kingy. He's a flog. When I watched the replay and saw him being the "North man" in the "Lab" (spare me) I felt like punching him in the face.
My read is ....is that he is trying to keep a dampener on it. He knows 1st hand how public perception can work against a playing group when it reads its own hype. Wait for September before to completely wipe King off .

How many times can someone contradict themselves in one statement. Sack him Fox, he has become a dead set twit.

I do agree that our draws notably harder 2nd half. Which is why its crucial to bank as many points as we can before hand. And fortunately we have played well enough so far to do so.
Getting all 24 points available is the only thing we should care about. Anyone criticising percentage isn't looking at the real picture.
How many times can someone contradict themselves in one statement. Sack him Fox, he has become a dead set twit.
He fits right in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back