Society/Culture The tax system explained in beer

Remove this Banner Ad

No not outside of the wage he pays me.

So he gave you your job.

Seems a bit rich to be preaching free market economics with a job you've earnt through genetics. You're the Prince Charles of Bigfooty.

All things considered, geelong_crazy26 has managed to do very well playing an almost lone hand in the face of some fairly determined opposition.
I suggest Bigfooty makes him a moderator.

Yeah, nah.

So he gave you your job.

Seems a bit rich to be preaching free market economics with a job you've earnt through genetics. You're the Prince Charles of Bigfooty.
What if he spent most of his early years learning that business from the inside out, thereby putting himself miles in front of any other candidate in terms of both capability and loyalty to the company?
I'd hire him in a heartbeat, were that the case. Not worth the bother of advertising.

I mean seriously, do you folks go on a rant every time you see the kids working in a Chinese takeaway?
Or is that different?

What about that woman who spent half her life building an online clothing sales business, that she leaves her daughter to manage when she gets too old to handle it? The same daughter that was handling the orders for years, posting out the packages, learning the bookwork? You going to post articles about how the mother should have put her business up for sale instead, or preferably hired some little brown person to manage it because diversity?

What about Con the Greek and his wife, running that fruit stand for forty years, and now you're going to tell him he can't hire his son, he has to advertise because some migrant wants a job?

Oh, and scrap the father-son rule in the AFL as well. Tradition has no place in society.

Yeah, nah.
Kiss of Death.
You don't think anyone's being serious around here anymore, do you?

What if he spent most of his early years learning that business from the inside out, thereby putting himself miles in front of any other candidate in terms of both capability and loyalty to the company?
I'd hire him in a heartbeat, were that the case. Not worth the bother of advertising.

I mean seriously, do you folks go on a rant every time you see the kids working in a Chinese takeaway?
Or is that different?

What about that woman who spent half her life building an online clothing sales business, that she leaves her daughter to manage when she gets too old to handle it? The same daughter that was handling the orders for years, posting out the packages, learning the bookwork? You going to post articles about how the mother should have put her business up for sale instead, or preferably hired some little brown person to manage it because diversity?

What about Con the Greek and his wife, running that fruit stand for forty years, and now you're going to tell him he can't hire his son, he has to advertise because some migrant wants a job?

Oh, and scrap the father-son rule in the AFL as well. Tradition has no place in society.

If you're reading about this guy's Mercedes, his property portfolio and his propensity to punch down on social issues and you think "ooh, I'd hire him" well I wish you the very best of luck in life.

Zero insight, spouts ideological tripe with all the care of someone who has had it handed to him.[/quote]

Kiss of Death.
You don't think anyone's being serious around here anymore, do you?

:rolleyes:

If you're reading about this guy's Mercedes, his property portfolio and his propensity to punch down on social issues and you think "ooh, I'd hire him" well I wish you the very best of luck in life.

Zero insight, spouts ideological tripe with all the care of someone who has had it handed to him.

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Not true to say i dont care about the middle or working class,i do.

I dont like big government and simply beleive it does more harm than good.

Let me ask were do you stand on climate change with regards to energy policy and were do you stand with imigration policy ?

2 issues hurting the middle and working class badly.

No, I was reading an example of a kid who, as I said, was brought up in a family company and knows it inside out, with the added bonus of company loyalty, and that's why I'd hire him.

Obviously you're the sort of employee who wanders into a meeting assuming the other's position without having read the memos. So your reading and comprehension skills are pretty much why I wouldn't hire you if I were in that position, for example. You'd be like those little twats who walk straight out of uni with a Bachelor's degree in the cultural issues of little brown people, and want to change the entire system without first understanding why it is that way.

Zero insight, spouts ideological tripe with all the care of someone who has had it handed to him.
... You just described 90% of this forum. Including, from what I just saw above, yourself.

Besides, Messenger, I'm still waiting for you to explain why you think it's wrong for folks running fish and chip shops to hire their kids.
Or Chinese takeaways.

Saw one up in Darwin, the owner drives a beamer. Whole family works there, including the in-laws.
What you got to say about that? Gonna step up to the front counter and express your disgust at his nepotism?

Besides, Messenger, I'm still waiting for you to explain why you think it's wrong for folks running fish and chip shops to hire their kids.
Or Chinese takeaways.

Saw one up in Darwin, the owner drives a beamer. Whole family works there, including the in-laws.
What you got to say about that? Gonna step up to the front counter and express your disgust at his nepotism?
Great places to launder money too

Or Chinese takeaways.

I know what I said. And I certainly didn’t say parents can’t employ their children.

What I’d did say is that if Daddy gave you a job, don’t lecture the rest of us on “getting ahead”.

Obviously you're the sort of employee who wanders into a meeting assuming the other's position without having read the memos. So your reading and comprehension skills are pretty much why I wouldn't hire you if I were in that position, for example. You'd be like those little twats who walk straight out of uni with a Bachelor's degree in the cultural issues of little brown people, and want to change the entire system without first understanding why it is that way.

How long did that take you to write? A Bachelors Degree in the Cultural Issues of Little Brown People!

You clever little Fella, eh!

I know what I said. And I certainly didn’t say parents can’t employ their children.

What I’d did say is that if Daddy gave you a job, don’t lecture the rest of us on “getting ahead”.
Oh, so just some garden-variety ad hominem then.

Great places to launder money too

Div6AA of the 1936 Tax act stops folks from laundering money through their kids by way of trust accounts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Div6AA of the 1936 Tax act stops folks from laundering money through their kids by way of trust accounts

It's much simpler than that.

You buy both chips and fish fillets by the box, you sell the items by the register - you can put through potentially up to 40% more sales than actually happened to clean dirty money. You can even buy the box of fish, the bag of chips and then sell zero actual sales but 50 pretend sales.

... and that's just the legit way to do it.

You can also not ring up every second order, if you keep your prices for the main items near the cash marks, like $5 worth of chips, $10 for two serves of fish and chips etc. I'd even sell the two serves for $10.50 and be a great person and waive the 50c when someone orders so I don't have to open the till but they think I'm just being lovely because they are a regular.

Then that way stacks up a bunch cash under the desk that nobody knows is there.

...and you CAN combine the two if you have a friend who needs to launder cash while also keeping your actual customers both happy and off the register.

Then that way stacks up a bunch cash under the desk that nobody knows is there.

...and you CAN combine the two if you have a friend who needs to launder cash while also keeping your actual customers both happy and off the register.

well, when you put it that way.. beer and chips is the winner :D

I read it as though they were suggesting the businesses themselves were good ways to launder money rather than the kids.

I read it as though they were suggesting the businesses themselves were good ways to launder money rather than the kids.

Whatever helps to avoid the taxman's dirty mitts getting on the hard earned cash.

Whatever helps to avoid the taxman's dirty mitts getting on the hard earned cash.
Laundering cash often involves ways of finding legit ways to pay tax on it, actually.

You're not making cash disappear by laundering it, you're putting it back into the system... usually in the form of business profits, which will then be taxed. It's more about explaining where the money came from than avoiding having to pay taxes.

Been over this before, a persons wage is decided by their value on the free market. If a person does not earn much its because they don't have anything of value to offer on the free market.

And which fictional universe is this free marker operating in? It''s a non existent fairly tale. Any case even if this free market existed , market isn't determination of wages isn't about value, it's about supply and demand (in theory) of the labour, it says very little about the actual value of that labour.

If someone works hard and has a valued skills to offer than they can drive whatever they like.

When people complain about getting a raw deal in society they are just like a sports fan who can not admit his side was not good enough so they blame something else such as the umpires, the rules, the fixture etc they blame the system instead.

You can scream pleb pleb but like I said I know what I am talking about, you have made it clear you have no management experience at all.

Again with this repeated statement that that those who get well rewarded in the economic system MUST have worked hard. Tis is just piffle. Hard work has little to do with being well paid.

Why is the premier league dominated by handful of clubs?

And which fictional universe is this free marker operating in? It''s a non existent fairly tale. Any case even if this free market existed , market isn't determination of wages isn't about value, it's about supply and demand (in theory) of the labour, it says very little about the actual value of that labour.
That is a good point, the system isn't free when there is an artificial low point set above the value of some activities, making them either not viable to employ someone or required to operate at a significant loss for that position and other positions in the business aren't able to be paid as much because of it.

Minimum wage is great, minimum hours per shift is great but they do cost opportunity for employment as work is either seen as being too insignificant or too expensive to hire someone for three hours at minimum wage to be at the factory when a delivery arrives (for example).

There is a whole market of employment that evaporated because our minimum wage makes it too expensive to find value in it.

I'd rather the minimum wage was in place though because I'm not considered unskilled and inexperienced, so I'm benefiting from that insulation. If I were looking for an hour or two of work from anyone, at anytime, for a few bucks to fill a quiet spot in my day it might be a different story.

Ultimately we don't have that free market of labour because of the protections in place that most people benefit from. We don't have the roaming labour that would most benefit from a deregulated system, where employee movement freedom would mean employers would need to reward their people or they would leave as easily as going to the kitchen.

Ultimately we don't have that free market of labour because of the protections in place that most people benefit from. We don't have the roaming labour that would most benefit from a deregulated system, where employee movement freedom would mean employers would need to reward their people or they would leave as easily as going to the kitchen.

Well I don’t see any evidence from a big deregulated employment market (the US) that the “roaming” deregulated labour market benefits to the same extent as big employers who have a large pool of cheap, undifferentiated labour.

Well I don’t see any evidence from a big deregulated employment market (the US) that the “roaming” deregulated labour market benefits to the same extent as big employers who have a large pool of cheap, undifferentiated labour.
Have we had a situation where employment opportunities outnumber potential employees, ever?

My point isn't that we have had it, it's that what we havet isn't a free market.

Have we had a situation where employment opportunities outnumber potential employees, ever?

My point isn't that we have had it, it's that what we havet isn't a free market.

The only time we've had excessive employment demand was post WW2 when we imported labour for the big infrastructure projects.

So we should remove the "protections in place that people benefit from" to free up the labour market?

My concern is we're just deepening the chasm between the have and have nots. Personally I think that would be a problem.

So we should remove the "protections in place that people benefit from" to free up the labour market?
No, we should promote employment opportunity.

Casual employment is protected by minimum wage and minimum three hour shifts, so it will cost a business $60 to have someone perform one task which may or may not represent value for money.

Imagine an app where businesses could offer little jobs for any reward they wanted, hundreds of little jobs like picking up some pens from Officeworks that they will pay $5 for or proof reading an article for $30 etc.

Thousands of projects, collectively $100,000s of jobs on offer and although the employee might develop a relationship with an employer if they choose - they have the power to jump off and go to other offers whenever they like for whatever price they think is fair for their time.

That is much more of an example of a free market and it highlights the power of the employee, because they choose the jobs and they choose the pay - just like everyone else working has, the app only highlights that because those jobs that offered too low a price are left and those who offer above value are snapped up quickly.

I believe that with more jobs on offer than people to do them we won't need regulation or protective laws for employees, because the market would find out the bad work places quickly and abandon them for the better ones until they either go out of business or change their offers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back