Society/Culture The tax system explained in beer

Remove this Banner Ad

You're the one calling everyone and anyone you dislike names, I'm just taking amusement from your intense feelings towards entire groups of people you've never met, which appears to be a large proportion of the country.

It's not just those at the top you're against, it's any homeowner trying to sell their house above cost price that is human garbage too it seems.

Hard to keep up with who you'll take aim at next.

Well, what's your thoughts on the banks?

Irrelevant, this discussion was about your views on whole groups of people as human garbage - and whichever other descriptors you've used - for whatever qualification you've decided makes them so.

Prove me wrong start listing some people on top who are not greedy. People who do not have more than they can utilise at the expense of other Australians. Where are these magical people I'm missing out on?

You only refuse to accept my argument because it is true. You want to change my argument because it is true. You would not answer my questions on the bankers because if you were being honest you would think exactly of them as I do.

Prove me wrong start listing some people on top who are not greedy. People who do not have more than they can utilise at the expense of other Australians. Where are these magical people I'm missing out on?

You only refuse to accept my argument because it is true. You want to change my argument because it is true. You would not answer my questions on the bankers because if you were being honest you would think exactly of them as I do.

This group of people on the top keeps expanding though, it's amazing you find anyone in society who isn't reprehensible, anyone who's ever made a profit on any exchange surely is also human garbage for exploiting their fellow citizens.

I assume when the gubmint finally builds and sells you a house in Brighton or Vaucluse for $140k you'll forego any opportunity to then on-sell it for $1.5m in the future, because RupieDupie is a man of the people and wouldn't exploit others like that.

Nope I live in the real world so I know that people on median income comprise a large portion of people and buying a house in Mildura wouldn’t help them, nor Sydney, but most especially of all, this won’t help people renting out their properties.

Secondly I’m under no illusions the people in power are even interested in trying to mitigate housing affordability, I only demonstrated the solution is simple. The funny thing is, the free market and the people in power can always prove me wrong.

Government uses publicly appropriated funds all the time to provide infrastructure, should they stop doing this?

Actually 2 people on median incomes can afford a house in Melbourne and Sydney. If you are single its tough but that is you fault.

Australia is 1 of the largest countries in the world with a population of 24 million, we have plenty of room for people to move outside of the big cities.

Beggars cant be choosers.

This group of people on the top keeps expanding though, it's amazing you find anyone in society who isn't reprehensible, anyone who's ever made a profit on any exchange surely is also human garbage for exploiting their fellow citizens.

I assume when the gubmint finally builds and sells you a house in Brighton or Vaucluse for $140k you'll forego any opportunity to then on-sell it for $1.5m in the future, because RupieDupie is a man of the people and wouldn't exploit others like that.

You’re not arguing against anyone here, no one has made this argument. You’ll have to address my points not a hypothetical straw man.

Yes and your are being a snob, you want what you cant afford.

Just settle for a house out in a regional town.

But you cant afford any car you want.

If you cant afford a house in Melbourne or Sydney it is the same as not being able to afford a BMW or Mercedes.

Actually 2 people on median incomes can afford a house in Melbourne and Sydney. If you are single its tough but that is you fault.

Australia is 1 of the largest countries in the world with a population of 24 million, we have plenty of room for people to move outside of the big cities.

All the same argument, already been answered

Listen I can see that your full of anger about the fairly tale you've made in your head about rich people making your life tough. I am trying to snap you out of it.

Accept what I have to say and be at peace.

Ah yes some kind of weird pleb philosophy. But what say you GC, do you actually believe your own argument? What do you think about the banks given the findings of the royal commission? Anyone?

Ah yes some kind of weird pleb philosophy. But what say you GC, do you actually believe your own argument? What do you think about the banks given the findings of the royal commission? Anyone?

Some financial advisers behaved badly and gave out bad advice. The majority of financial advisers were well behaved and gave out good advice.

Saying that this proves rich people are greedy so and so's is like saying poor people are savages because most people who commit serious crimes including murder are poor people.

When you say the banks you do realise that if you have a managed super fund you own part of our big banks ?

Some financial advisers behaved badly and gave out bad advice. The majority of financial advisers were well behaved and gave out good advice.

Saying that this proves rich people are greedy so and so's is like saying poor people are savages because most people who commit serious crimes including murder are poor people.

When you say the banks you do realise that if you have a managed super fund you own part of our big banks ?

1) I don’t think there’s any further argument that can be had if you believe the royal commission has proven banks have acted fairly
2) Haven’t included any wars in these statistics
3) By the time I retire the pyramid scheme known as superannuation would have gone bust, it’s pretend munny

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1) I don’t think there’s any further argument that can be had if you believe the royal commission has proven banks have acted fairly
3) By the time I retire the pyramid scheme known as superannuation would have gone bust, it’s pretend munny

Ooh there's the next topics; wars and superannuation!

Despite however badly the banks have been behaving they are angels compared too most trade unions.

#3 is an interesting point. I don’t know if it is a pyramid scheme but it is definitely overvalued by quite a stretch. My wife has $1m in super with 23yrs left before retirement. I am not expecting this money to be there when she retires. Most likely to be near worthless is my opinion!

Yep wars are started by the people at the bottom and welfare recipients manage people’s super. At least GC could answer the question on banks, will Owen87?

I’ve not had any interest in engaging in your never-ending quest through every facet of society you have issue with.

I just find it amusing to watch unfold.

Guaranteed people on the top in unions will be greedy

I own 4 houses and intend to end up with 10. I will transfer over too commercial property at some point once I build up more equity.

See the thing is these are my houses, that I purchased from the previous owners because I paid a price they agreed to sell for.

I am not being greedy and taking what is yours because none of these houses ever were yours.

I own 4 houses and intend to end up with 10. I will transfer over too commercial property at some point once I build up more equity.

See the thing is these are my houses, that I purchased from the previous owners because I paid a price they agreed to sell for.

I am not being greedy and taking what is yours because none of these houses ever were yours.

And you could have 1,000,000 houses if you wanted to, but what say you GC, what’s your reason for having 10 houses?

Did your dad give you a house as well as a job?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back