Society/Culture The tax system explained in beer

Remove this Banner Ad

:D
Fk yeah totally.

Even if the kids from the wealthy parents are really dumb, the game of life should be rigged to their advantage, giving them opportunities above MUCH smarter kids from poorer families, because, yeah just because.

1.When parents give their kids money they are simply making a choice with what to do with the money they have earned and are free to do so. That money does not belong to you so don't be greedy.

2.Families that accumulate large amounts of capital over multiple generations are in a very good position to take risks, start up new businesses, invest, employ people and develop new commodities that make all our life's better.

Is concern going to upgrade his Merc to a Ferrari? Otherwise what is in it for him?

Without having to contribute to his lucky monetary position in life, the wind is blowing in the beneficial direction for him to get more. Apart from being a reasonable empathetic human being with a social conscience, why should he give a fk about those less fortunate than him?

I care about the poor more than most on this board who simply want handouts from the government.

See this is the type of attitude I am talking about, too many people on the left are obsessed with comparing themselves to other people and than get upset when they compare themselves too someone who has more money than they do.

How much money I do or don't have has not impacted you in anyway, the money I have and will get from my dad has been accumulated by my dad performing voluntary transactions with clients in exchange for goods and services. That money has not been stolen from you so stop being jealous.

1.When parents give their kids money they are simply making a choice with what to do with the money they have earned and are free to do so. That money does not belong to you so don't be greedy.

2.Families that accumulate large amounts of capital over multiple generations are in a very good position to take risks, start up new businesses, invest, employ people and develop new commodities that make all our life's better.

Lives better not "life's" better.

Look to be honest i dont believe you are part of the aristocracy so noone really gives a s**t about your dads business or your Mercedes benz. Noone is begrudging hard work and helping out your kids.

What we want is fair opportunity for disadvantaged kids to make a better life for themselves and the game of life is becoming more and more rigged. And the wealth divide DOES matter because money buys power and therefore control.

Remeber your dad built his business under the safety blanket tax payers provide- he is not robbed and plundered because we all pay police wages which protect him from such things happening. His business also benefits from public infrastructure that your family has not exclusively paid for. It is not a huge thing to ask for something back (ie. Tax) in order to help the next kid whose parents are poor.

Lives better not "life's" better.

Look to be honest i dont believe you are part of the aristocracy so noone really gives a s**t about your dads business or your Mercedes benz. Noone is begrudging hard work and helping out your kids.

What we want is fair opportunity for disadvantaged kids to make a better life for themselves and the game of life is becoming more and more rigged. And the wealth divide DOES matter because money buys power and therefore control.

Remeber your dad built his business under the safety blanket tax payers provide- he is not robbed and plundered because we all pay police wages which protect him from such things happening. His business also benefits from public infrastructure that your family has not exclusively paid for. It is not a huge thing to ask for something back (ie. Tax) in order to help the next kid whose parents are poor.

You can believe what you want it doesn't bother me and makes no difference.

I am not suggesting that we have no tax or no government just small government and small levels of taxation.

We currently live in a country were any child can go to school and if they do well go on to get a qualification that pays very well. There are also other opportunities for example many trades pay very well these days. The idea that kids born to poor parents cant be successful is nonsense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back