Competitions THE THIRD CORNER HOTEL MINNOW OLYMPIC THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

wait for the boomers to complete the set of every team sport except the lady rugby losing in the quarter finals
I have faith, after hearing Bogut after the US game unlike most in our Olympics squad they aren't going in with a losing mentality where close enough is good enough.

I have faith, after hearing Bogut after the US game unlike most in our Olympics squad they aren't going in with a losing mentality where close enough is good enough.

Despite the interviewer trying her best to encourage him. He was having none of her you should be proud rubbish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Women's Hockey, Germany Vs Netherlands...1-1 into a shoot out.

I want the dutch to lose so _Cayz_ doesn't get further ahead, but at the same time...they have Ellen Hoog...

And Hoog hits the winner!

7th shot of the shootout!

Last edited:
Speaking of boys getting through how was the women's 800m? Did semenya dominate?
Maybe qualified second fastest, some Canadian chick qualified fastest for the semi's. You should keep an eye on her telsor, might give Semenya a run for her money.

Maybe qualified second fastest, some Canadian chick qualified fastest for the semi's. You should keep an eye on her telsor, might give Semenya a run for her money.

If she's the fastest actual woman, but only gets the silver, do I get to claim the gold?

If she's the fastest actual woman, but only gets the silver, do I get to claim the gold?

Only way she loses is if she throws the race like the did at the world champs to avoid a media circus

Only way she loses is if she throws the race like the did at the world champs to avoid a media circus

She didn't throw it, she was on meds to reduce her testosterone down to the high end of what a normal female might have. Now that they've changed the rules so that she can have roughly the highest conceivable amount any female could possibly have (and far beyond what 99% of athletes would be banned for life for), she's back on top.

She didn't throw it, she was on meds to reduce her testosterone down to the high end of what a normal female might have. Now that they've changed the rules so that she can have roughly the highest conceivable amount any female could possibly have (and far beyond what 99% of athletes would be banned for life for), she's back on top.

After the controversy of the previous year, Semenya returned to action with a moderately low profile, only running 1:58.61 at the Bislett Games as her best prior to the World Championships. During the championships, she easily won her semi-final heat. In the final, she showed her strength by cruising past the majority of the field, holding the lead into the final straightaway. While she separated from the rest of the field, Mariya Savinova followed her, then sprinted past Semenya before the finish line, without a reaction from Semenya.

plenty of stuff on the net about her throwing that race because of the previous years controversy, this was before they bought in the rules about testosterone levels, it's worth mentioning the Russian was likely on the gear anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back