Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Had a hectic fortnight coaching the boys in the red ball, summer game.

Are we winning the footy thingy?????
Well ....... we havent exactly LOST anything yet.

That is still good right?

I thing he renegotiated his salary down about 2003?
Did he? Im just blown away that we have players just breaking $1m barrier now in the past 5 years or so (and we are only talking a select few players) yet we shelled that out way back in 2000 when im sure the salary cap size was decidedly Lower. No wonder we started trying to pay players under te table.

Did he? Im just blown away that we have players just breaking $1m barrier now in the past 5 years or so (and we are only talking a select few players) yet we shelled that out way back in 2000 when im sure the salary cap size was decidedly Lower. No wonder we started trying to pay players under te table.
Kouta got offered a ridiculous amount of money by another club hence we had to go as close as possible to matching it, otherwise he was gone.

Imagine if we traded kouta in 2001, picks weren't as highly valued back then and we would have got 2 top 10s and a top 20 atleast.

Judd, hodge, Stevie J

Not to mention avoiding the cap penalties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Imagine if we traded kouta in 2001, picks weren't as highly valued back then and we would have got 2 top 10s and a top 20 atleast.

Judd, hodge, Stevie J

Not to mention avoiding the cap penalties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not entirely convinced we would have spent the picks quite that wisely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not entirely convinced we would have spent the picks quite that wisely.

....so let me get this straight. We are now going to have a hypothetical about a hypothetical and discuss how we would have hypothetically wasted the hypothetical picks. I need a Bex and a lie down!! :eek: :D

....so let me get this straight. We are now going to have a hypothetical about a hypothetical and discuss how we would have hypothetically wasted the hypothetical picks. I need a Bex and a lie down!! :eek: :D
Clearly you have not been paying attention to practically every post on every thread here for the last three months. Keep up! :p;)

Clearly you have not been paying attention to practically every post on every thread here for the last three months. Keep up! :p;)

Be safe to say I have not been paying attention since around March 2008!!

Probably 9 News.

I gotta go with the Bachelor! Love the look of mock surprise when the women start getting jealous of the fact the dude is playing the field and has intense feelings for all of them. We all know that is mainly the feelings of 'the little Bachelor'!

Do we recon a well run club would have called Kouta's bluff? They seem to these days. There's no heart and soul players who clubs keep at all cost, at the detriment of other things like salary cap, they just offer them a fair deal and let them go if they don't take it. Would have been hard to see Kouta leaving us, he's very much entrenched Carlton. I think we got bent over by a manager's tactics to get a huge salary. Manager and player were probably laughing big time. You see it all the time where a manager will use other clubs against the players current to attempt to get an unrealistic salary (Dustin Martin was NEVER leaving Richmond).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back