The Title Race

Who do you want to win the league/who do you think will win the league?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The contention is the same, though.
Statements like “spurs won’t win the title” I have a problem with. It implies we are not in the title race and just by omitting the words “I think” also implies you’ve not given it any thought and just written us off because “Hey, it’s spurs”.

Spurs are every chance, about as much as the other 2 contenders. Liverpool obviously in the best position but it’s approaching that time of the season where many little things matter.

Variables such as who plays first, who then has to wait 2-3 days for their game (whilst knowing the results of the other teams) etc. All these things play on the mind.

For me, it’s better to play first, just focus on your own game. But all these things will play out week after week, as it’s poised right now it’s difficult to conclusively rule any of the three out.

Just been confirmed that Gomez now needs surgery thanks to that great tackle by Mee and will be out for awhile. At the same time Lovren does his hammy again.

We are in deep s**t with just 2 fit CBs and 0 fit RBs. If we do it it will be an absolute slog, just don't have the squad size with so many players sold / loaned since Klopp took over.

I still don’t feel we are really in it, if we had Kane and Dele fit right now I’d feel we’d have a sniff.

Liverpool definitely looked off tonight though - didn’t really see a performance like that coming. You could see the nerves and you could tell Klopp is losing it a tad in the post match interview. City the ones who can pounce but I suppose I can carry on dreaming for another week at least..

Why didn’t Liverpool add reinforcements in the January window? Would’ve helped them in the run home. City’s squad is too deep. I think Pool are done.

I still don’t feel we are really in it, if we had Kane and Dele fit right now I’d feel we’d have a sniff.

Liverpool definitely looked off tonight though - didn’t really see a performance like that coming. You could see the nerves and you could tell Klopp is losing it a tad in the post match interview. City the ones who can pounce but I suppose I can carry on dreaming for another week at least..
If we can get 4-6 points in our next two (Leicester home & Chelsea away) it gives us a chance. Liverpool will be getting 6 points from those corresponding home games so we'll be 5-7 points behind with 9 to play.

Then GW 30 two derbies for us at home and Liverpool away that's when it's black & white if we are in it or not. Need to be within 5 points by then which will be very difficult with our run of fixtures coming up compared to theirs

If we can get 4-6 points in our next two (Leicester home & Chelsea away) it gives us a chance. Liverpool will be getting 6 points from those corresponding home games so we'll be 5-7 points behind with 9 to play.
We’ve got Burnley away after Leicester. Liverpool play united that week and if there’s any game they’re gonna lose in the run-in it’s that one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next 2 are Leicester and Burnely. Obviously need 6 points from that.

Then its the big double of Chelsea and Arsenal. Both who will be loving the chance to end our run. Hopefully Kanes comes back quicker than expected for the Chelsea game.

I'm not sure Liverpool are bankers for the 3 points in any game at the moment.

Next 6 fixtures:

Spurs
Leicester, Burnley, Chelsea, Arsenal, Southampton, Crystal Palace.

Liverpool
Bournemouth, Man Utd, Watford, Everton, Burnley, Fulham.

City
Everton, Chelsea, West Ham, Bournemouth, Watford, Man Utd

We would need to beat Chelsea away, Arsenal at home, then take 4 points from both City and Liverpool away, all without slipping up against any of the lower sides.

Honestly, we're no chance imo.

We would need to beat Chelsea away, Arsenal at home, then take 4 points from both City and Liverpool away, all without slipping up against any of the lower sides.

No chance? Am amazed how one can say that, especially with so many games yet to play.

Chelsea are having their challenges, Arsenal are horrendous away from home and there for the taking.

Spurs are knee deep in this, at this point in time the title is very much up for grabs.

Chelsea play every 3-4 days from now until we meet them. They have 6 games. We have 3 in that period. Not to mention 3 days before they will have the Cup final against City. Couldnt pick a better time to play them. Hopefully Kane might be a shout to make an appearance.

If we can make it to the Liverpool game with the margin as it is now or less, then who knows.

Back