Competitions The Tontine Challenge back for 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif

OK looks like we have a Tontine competition to finish, so let's finish it. But we're gonna change up the rules to get it done.

IT'S FINALS TONTINE BABEY!!!!!

When we got to our Intermission we had four people left in the running - ImperialPurple Purple Kermit samFFC & Wobbly Punt

There's 4 finals this week.

So here's deal. Each person nominates one of the finals each and has to choose the winner of that final. Whoever chooses a winner progresses to the next round of finals, if all four lose then the one whose team lost by the lowest margin wins. If you haven't nominated a final by 7pm VicBias time (5pm WA time) this Thursday then you're out.

Here's the kicker - if you choose an underdog and they win, you get to eliminate another winner (unless they also chose an underdog)!!!

torch 4.jpg

If we get two left next week then same rules as this week applies. If more than two get to next week then they pick a team of the 4 playing as opposed to nominating a final then picking the winner, then same rules apply.

If somehow there's two left by GF day each chooses a team each. If there's more than two left it's winner and closest to the pin.

OK finalists, start your nominating!!!

colbert reminder.gif
Hey Purple Kermit you have a day and change to make your pick if you still wanna win the Tontine. Wobbly Punt hasn't been around for a while so may miss the boat, but I've had recent experience of people returning from sabbatical right on deadline day I won't discount them yet.

OK so unless Wobbly Punt does a Rip van Winkle and wakes up soon after being asleep for ages, here's the potential scenarios (assuming Collingwood, Carlton & Brisbane remain favourites to win):

IF
THEN
Collingwood/Carlton/Brisbane win​
samFFC wins​
Melbourne/Carlton/Port Adelaide win​
Collingwood/Sydney/Port Adelaide win​
Collingwood/Sydney/Brisbane win​
ImperialPurple eliminates samFFC and wins​
Melbourne/Carlton/Brisbane win​
Purple Kermit eliminates samFFC and wins​
Melbourne/Sydney/Port Adelaide win​
ImperialPurple & Purple Kermit go to next week​
Melbourne/Sydney/Brisbane win​
ImperialPurple or Purple Kermit eliminates samFFC,
ImperialPurple & Purple Kermit go to next week​

OK let's wrap this thing up.

The bad news is last week's results meant that nobody got to eliminate anyone else, which would have been fun to watch.

The good news is however that last week's results have given us a clear winner, and that winner is samFFC!! Congrats mate, I'll organise your fluffy virtual prize shortly.

OK let's wrap this thing up.

The bad news is last week's results meant that nobody got to eliminate anyone else, which would have been fun to watch.

The good news is however that last week's results have given us a clear winner, and that winner is samFFC!! Congrats mate, I'll organise your fluffy virtual prize shortly.
Congrats to my Chess buddy samFFC

On a separate topic Tonga Bob is there a trophy for winning the Freo BF Supercoach this season haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's a random tale, sadly, three years running Sam and I have finished the BF Chess tournament on top of the H/A ladder, only to be knocked out in the finals.
FFS sake Chipmunk save some of that chesshousery for someone else will ya?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back