Competitions The Tontine Challenge back for 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I figure it's a bit of fun. Not much fun being a Freo tragic at the mo, but it all gotta start from somewhere...

I'll gamble again as it means nothing if I lose, I don't win cash if I win! I nabbed immunity in the first round, I doubt I'll do it again but f*** it, live dangerously.

I'll take GWS for the lols, in the unlikely case they win ta ;)

So I was planning on Freo this week but……
North against Hawks is too hard to pass up, will take North please.
I’ll save Freo till we’ve got out sh#t together!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This is actually a tough week to pick a cert. I went North against the Eagles mistakenly thinking they were roughies so now can't grab them when they're the best lock for the week.

Geelong should do it but I don't trust old and complacent Cats.

Port are so flakey I hate to rely on them but I have immunity so why not grab a flakey Port now when they can't kill me.

Port for me please and thank you.

I figure it's a bit of fun. Not much fun being a Freo tragic at the mo, but it all gotta start from somewhere...

I'll gamble again as it means nothing if I lose, I don't win cash if I win! I nabbed immunity in the first round, I doubt I'll do it again but f*** it, live dangerously.

I'll take GWS for the lols, in the unlikely case they win ta ;)
U woz robbed Quazar

U woz robbed Quazar
ah well, thems the breaks. The even sadder part is I was gunna pick Gold Coast, but I thought "nah, no way Geelong will go 0-3". I slightly fancied GC because they're not always easy to beat at home, even though they're not very good (overall). Bugger it, shoulda gone with my original instinct.....crap

This week we salute the two Bradbury's of the board, samFFC and ImperialPurple who have managed to skate themselves to immunity and prime position to the win the comp by being allocated gold coast for not picking. Immunity holders indicated with an asterisk next to their name on the spreadhseet.
Scatter and Wobbly Punt survive despite wrong picks, illustrating the value of immunity. But having lost anohter seven soldiers, only six remain - the four already tagged in plus Purple Kermit and me.
Spreadsheet below and nominated favourites for round 4 in the next post

Round 4 favourites

Collingwood
Carlton
Adelaide
Richmond
St Kilda
Sydney
Essendon
Melbourne
Geelong

Longest priced non-favourite West Coast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne favourites? Are you freaking serious? How can that be? Didn't the odds makers see the Gallipoli levels of guts by WC y'day? Plus they welcome back Yeo now who's only the best player EVER!!!

OK sarcasm aside, screw Port on the weekend, screw me for not going with my gut and picking GC, screw any of the roughies this week and give me Melbourne.

I'm going early despite WC likely being 10% better with the outs they will have this week. Although it does mean Putridjelly will get a run so that can't help.

Last edited:
I've got to chase me some immunity now and go a non-favourite to catch the Bradburys.
My first choice would have been Freo but I've already taken them.
With their injuries I reckon both Collingwood and St Kilda bubbles are ready to burst this week, for no other reason then they're at home and Gold Coast are away I'll take Brisbane (gulp)

And then there were five
We bid farewell to Scatter this round, by a couple of centimetres on a Sydney Swans kick. Such are the Tontine margins.
Yours truly now joins samFFC and ImperialPurple with immunity, leaving Wobbly Punt and Purple Kermit closest to the edge heading into round 5, but still alive.
Favourites for the next round in the following post

Round 5 favourites

Carlton
Fremantle (!)
Sydney
Brisbane
Melbourne
Port Adelaide
Geelong
GWS
Collingwood

Longest priced non-favourite = West Coast Eagles