Competitions The Tontine Challenge back for 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

If I was in anyway similar to those who support teams like WC, Carlton or Richmond I'd be picking North out of spite after seeing our team.

Thankfully I am blessed with greater character than those moribund souls and will stick with the Saints as my pick.

I remain very tempted by Carlton though I must admit. So if being tempted by a team who then pulls it off but you didn't actually pull the trigger on it counts for anything, there it is.

So to be clear - all picks are to be in by bouncedown of the Geelong-Carlton game, if you don't get your pick in you're allocated Hawthorn for round 2.
And you can't pick a team already listed next to your name on the spreadsheet

If you get allocated the Hawks, and they win - do you end up with a default immunity? :p

If I was in anyway similar to those who support teams like WC, Carlton or Richmond I'd be picking North out of spite after seeing our team.

Thankfully I am blessed with greater character than those moribund souls and will stick with the Saints as my pick.

I remain very tempted by Carlton though I must admit. So if being tempted by a team who then pulls it off but you didn't actually pull the trigger on it counts for anything, there it is.

So as I was saying, I'm on Carlton, that's exactly what I was saying here and the Saints thing was a typo.

Honest.

I win and get the free hit now don't I? ;)

F***ng Carlton. F***ng gutless Wobbly Punt.

So as I was saying, I'm on Carlton, that's exactly what I was saying here and the Saints thing was a typo.

Honest.

I win and get the free hit now don't I? ;)

F***ng Carlton. F***ng gutless Wobbly Punt.
Saints will do you proud

Yes I'm pretty confident on them still, it'd just be nice to have it in the pocket already.

I'd also feel a bit dirty enjoying a Carltoon win. I prefer being being a bit unhappy whenever they win, feels much more natural.

Well, further carnage in round 2.
With 43 starting the competition, we lost 18 in round 1 and another 12 this round, leaving only 13 survivors heading into round 3.
Furthermore, all three that had immunity in round 1 lost it this round.
However, two new immunity seekers were successful, we congratulate Scatter and Wobbly Punt who have placed themselves in prime position now to win the comp.
But as this round showed, immunity can be lost very easily.
Spreadsheet attached and remember you cannot pick a team already listed against your name in round 3. I'll post round 3 favourites in the next post

Round 3 favourites

Brisbane
Collingwood
North Melbourne
Carlton
St Kilda
Port Adelaide
Geelong
Melbourne
Fremantle

Longest priced non favourite = Gold Coast Suns

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a good round top go for a non-fave I think. Some tight games there.

Will hold my water dry until selections etc but happy to have Saints give me the immunity I could have had on Thursday night if I'd gone that way. Feels better winning on Saints than Blues though.

Cheers SP.

Its a good round top go for a non-fave I think. Some tight games there.

Will hold my water dry until selections etc but happy to have Saints give me the immunity I could have had on Thursday night if I'd gone that way. Feels better winning on Saints than Blues though.

Cheers SP.
Ah I see what you're doing here, you get immunity yourself than encourage all your competitors to take risks on the next round by picking non-favourites, thus narrowing the field even further
We're on to you wobbly :D

Ah I see what you're doing here, you get immunity yourself than encourage all your competitors to take risks on the next round by picking non-favourites, thus narrowing the field even further
We're on to you wobbly :D

iu

I'm off hiking for 2 weeks and won't be able to play - is it ok to pick 3 weeks worth of picks ahead of time?

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Tapatalk
Sure

Well, further carnage in round 2.
With 43 starting the competition, we lost 18 in round 1 and another 12 this round, leaving only 13 survivors heading into round 3.
Furthermore, all three that had immunity in round 1 lost it this round.
However, two new immunity seekers were successful, we congratulate Scatter and Wobbly Punt who have placed themselves in prime position now to win the comp.
But as this round showed, immunity can be lost very easily.
Spreadsheet attached and remember you cannot pick a team already listed against your name in round 3. I'll post round 3 favourites in the next post

Do I get immunity for tipping Carlton in a draw?

Confused

Do I get immunity for tipping Carlton in a draw?

Confused
No see the hastily cobbled together rule 6. Richmond were favourites for that match so anyone tipping Richmond died, anyone tipping Carlton survived but didn't get immunity as they didn't win

Remove this Banner Ad

Back