Media The Top 50 Qootyers

Do you expect to feature in the Top 50 Qootyers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

TLBS MEDIA
top-50-image.jpg
Poster ranking threads run rife in this league; seemingly everyone has an opinion who the top 50 posters are. But how many know who the Top 50 PLAYERS are?

This massive production has combed through every S17 Qootyer in the league, inclusive of all players who have been at least slightly active this season; from the rarely seen loopy_cam to the everywhere types like akkaps. A mystical equation has been run through each and every one of these players, taking into account a vast range of factors which make a great Qootyer. EACH and EVERY Top 50 player has a short overview written of their inclusion into the elite, covering the hows and the whys. Readers can enjoy an in-depth and heavily worked countdown at their leisure, breezing through the elite players who remain in the league today and finally answering the age-old question of who is the sim's greatest player of today's league.

I'm hoping I can recreate this thread every season, with an updated formula and updated statistics to see who has fallen and risen in the stars of the Qooty machine. Despite all the work put into it, this is a first draft; there may be niggles with the formula to be ironed out; for one, games may have been valued a bit too highly. For this reason no-one who has played <50 games appears in the elite; they simply haven't proven their consistency as stars of Qooty and cannot be adjudicated as such. The closest <50 gamers were BoshtrichBurger and pantskyle who fell just short.

Nonetheless, the calculations are complete. The player overviews are written. The countdown is ready to go. So I look forward to you joining me as finally, after all the poster rankings threads that are thrown around this forum, we count down the Top 50 Qootyers of today!

*Stats correct to about a week ago when I began this. Many thanks to PVF Eth and everyone else who gave me a hand in the Sim Archives forum in accumulating everything into a spreadsheet to make this possible.

*Players will be announced in groups of five; sometimes one group a day, sometimes two.

*The equation and points tallies will be released at the conclusion to be no doubt picked apart by the statisticians among you.

RANKINGS
#50 - DemonJim (WCW)
#49 - Headless (MBD)
#48 - Gee Dub (BOM)
#47 - Wise Guy Sam (GCR)
#46 - Easty (GCR)
#45 - WAG (SDR)
#44 - Freakie (ROY)
#43 - Eagleoz83 (FUR)
#42 - tigland (FUR)
#41 - Mooch (ROY)
#40 - StFly (GUM)
#39 - okeydoke7 (GCR)
#38 - krisholio14 (GUM)
#37 - HawkPatrol (SDR)
#36 - Cheetah (ROY)
#35 - Juggalo Balla (BOM)
#34 - Grockadoc (FUR)
#33 - Reardo (ROY)
#32 - Claypigeon (FUR)
#31 - Itsmyshow (ESH)
#30 - Macca19 (ALB)
#29 - Marklar_33 (WCW)
#28 - Roylion (ROY)
#27 - Moo (SDR)
#26 - PVF (WCW)
#25 - Dagless (ESH)
#24 - ShaunDuggan (N/A)
#23 - Eth (MBD)
#22 - Mr Eagle (ESH)
#21 - BILC (FUR)
#20 - crazy_big_al (SWA)
#19 - cooney (MBD)
#18 - Equus (FUR)
#17 - sausageroll (BOM)
#16 - Broken (ROY)
#15 - Shadow Man (BOM)
#14 - croweater 41 (WCW)
#13 - peterss (GUM)
#12 - Shallow (WCW)
#11 - loopy_cam (BOM)
#10 - ClarkeM (WCW)
#9 - Don Draper (BOM)
#8 - Fred (ROY)
#7 - Mobbenfuhrer (ROY)
#6 - Wally (ESH)
#5 - Tarkyn_24 (ESH)
#4 - Ljp86 (SDR)
#3 - boncer34 (SDR)
#2 - rfctigerarmy (FUR)
#1 - larrikin (ESH)

Last edited:

Did you guys know that 5 looks like a 2 in mirror image?

Also, you've got the >50 the wrong way around, it should be 50>

And on that, I wait in anticipation to hear that I am not elite :(

Two questions.

1) Is this all-time stats?

2) Is this done in overall totals or averages?
It's all-time stats, and the majority is done in averages. Like I stated in the OP, despite using mostly averages, it's a fair advantage if you've played more games; probably too much of an advantage, but I'll let you guys be the judge and probably change that for next time.
Games played, avg hitouts, avg marks, avg disposals, avg tackles, avg goals, free kick ratios and a small selection of personal awards are the main criteria.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's all-time stats, and the majority is done in averages. Like I stated in the OP, despite using mostly averages, it's a fair advantage if you've played more games; probably too much of an advantage, but I'll let you guys be the judge and probably change that for next time.
Games played, avg hitouts, avg marks, avg disposals, avg tackles, avg goals, free kick ratios and a small selection of personal awards are the main criteria.

I disagree on having an advantage with the more games you've played if you are using averages.

With Ljp86 being the lone exception with his 9 seasons on the wing, other players would most likely have had positional changes during their time in the SFA whether it's playing FF and then moving into midfield or backline if they had become inactive for a certain point in time.

Number 50

DemonJim

67 games – 164 goals – 117 tackles – 1 x AlfAndrews

To kick off this unique rankings list we bring to you Wonders vice-captain, star-goalkicker-turned-ravenous-midfielder DemonJim. The always antagonistic Wonder started his career at the Trolls bid and has been lighting up the Qooty stage at the Colosseum ever since. The 67-gamer has slotted 164 goals and laid 117 tackles in an impressive display of exuberance, complimented by an AlfAndrews Medal. Relatively early in what could be a long and fruitful career, the opportunity is there for DJ to continue to climb this ladder. DemonJim scored 185.873 ranking points.

Number 49

Headless

155 games – 1928 disposals – 470 marks

A little-known Demon who qualifies for a position in this list despite only posting once every week or two. The utility has flown under the radar for a while now, cobbling together an impressive 155 games with stats which some could only wish for. Within the Demons’ walls he has significant respect for the way he trains, and his strong, silent nature which only serves him well on the Qooty field. Headless is likely to drop to less prominent positions than he has previously held due to the Demons’ solid activity as a side, so this may be his sole appearance in the Top 50. Headless scored 186.132 ranking points.

Number 48

Gee Dub

81 games – 1307 disposals – 251 tackles - Baghdad captain

The leader of the contemporary Bombers side, Gee Dub’s impressive Qooty regime earns him this spot in the Qootyers Top 50. Predominantly bullocking through the midfield with an impressive 251 tackles, Gee Dub has been trialled in several positions, including a stint or two in the ruck. Excelling in most, if not all of these, the man who claims to have made rankings threads famous was a shoe-in to appear in this one. Averaging over 16 touches a game in a career that should continue to thrive, Gee Dub has a real opportunity to break into the top 40 in the coming season. Gee Dub scored 189.154 ranking points.

Number 47

Wise Guy Sam

67 games – 1067 disposals – 169 tackles – 1 x Mobbs Medal – 2 x Club Captain

It takes a special kind of Qootyer to break into the top 50 with just 67 games, and WGS along with DJ are the only two to do so. The relative newbies on this list have done it all, but Sam is that cut above. Over one thousand disposals and 169 tackles; this phenomenal record on the field is backed up by a ridiculously successful career off it, captaining two clubs and taking home the esteemed Mobbenfuhrer Medal. The equation I use to rank these favours those with more games, due to them having proved themselves, but Sam has snuck in with a bare minimum. For that I congratulate him, and there is no doubt that he will continue to fly up these rankings the more seasons this man plays. Wise Guy Sam scored 192.410 ranking points.

Number 46

Easty

86 games – 1314 disposals – 240 tackles – 214 hitouts – ex-Royals captain

In his stint in the league, Easty hasn’t as much had flashes of brilliance on the Qooty field as he has had performances consistently above the average. A wealth of disposal tallies, tackling counts, free kicks for, hitouts, and effectively every stat in the business being higher than your average pedestrian led to Easty rightfully holding a position in the Top 50 active Qootyers. Over 1300 disposals from his 86 games, combined with 240 tackles and 214 hitouts should be more than enough proof that this man knows how to Qooty. The ex-Royals captain would think he still has enough to offer the league for some time to come, meaning with some luck, he could continue to climb these rankings. Easty scored 192.791 ranking points.

I disagree on having an advantage with the more games you've played if you are using averages.

With Ljp86 being the lone exception with his 9 seasons on the wing, other players would most likely have had positional changes during their time in the SFA whether it's playing FF and then moving into midfield or backline if they had become inactive for a certain point in time.
You raise a good point, and like I say, it's a work in progress. I'd like to make it more accomodating for newer players to be able to make the cut, which dampening games played advantages would do. But trust me, by the time I'd figured these rankings out and put overviews to the name, I wasn't twiddling with it. ;)

I feel like the rankings worked out fairly accurately anyway, with the customary slight surprises.

You raise a good point, and like I say, it's a work in progress. I'd like to make it more accomodating for newer players to be able to make the cut, which dampening games played advantages would do. But trust me, by the time I'd figured these rankings out and put overviews to the name, I wasn't twiddling with it. ;)

I feel like the rankings worked out fairly accurately anyway, with the customary slight surprises.

Not bagging it out mate, loving the concept and can't wait to see the full list :thumbsu:

Not bad since ive been a defender for the better part of 2 seasons and us guys are trated like garbage in these kind of things

Unsure how you can blend in overall stats and averages with # of Games... but interested to see who rates on the list!

Good luck.

Back