Media The Unstoppable Shadow: Celebrating 400 Games with Shadow Man

Remove this Banner Ad

Shadow Man 400.png

On the brink of history, Shadow Man steps onto the field in his 26th season, ready to make his mark as the 26th player to reach 400 games in the SFA. A journey that started with the Baghdad Bombers, where he cast a shadow over the competition with two Premierships, two Best and Fairest Awards, and an All-SFA selection.

He then soared with the Dragons, adding another Best and Fairest to his already impressive resume. But it was with the Fighting Furies where Shadow Man truly shined, spending 16 seasons playing over 230 games, and cementing his legacy with a Premiership and another Best and Fairest in Season 20. We also can't forget his one glorious game with the Bears.

With the 7th spot on the list for most hitouts in the league, Shadow Man stands tall as one of the greatest to have ever played the game. He’s a true champion, leaving a trail of awe and admiration wherever he goes. And this weekend, as he reaches this remarkable milestone, the SFA will bask in the glory of a legend who has cast his shadow over the competition for 26 seasons and counting.

Achievements: 399 games with Four clubs (Baghdad Bombers S08-09 & S13-S17, Dragons FFC S10-S12, Fighting Furies S18-S34, Las Vegas Bears S35), 3x Premiership Player (S09, S14, S20), Dragon FFC B&F (S11), 2x ant555 Medal (S13 and S14),
rfctigerarmy Award (S20), All-SFA (S14), Claw of Fame (S28).

Shadow Man Stats.png

Shadow Man Club Stats.png

Interview.png

Oprah: Good evening, Shadow Man and Tony. How are you both feeling about the big game coming up?

Shadow Man: Excited and ready to make it a game to remember! It's my 400th game, you know.

Tony: (laughing) That's right! And I'm just here for the free drinks and chicken wings.

Oprah: (chuckles) Speaking of drinks, I hear that you both have a special pre-game ritual, Shadow Man. What's your secret to getting pumped up before a game?

Shadow Man: (smiling) Just a bit of stretching, visualization, and the classic song "In the Shadows" by The Rasmus blasting in my headphones.

Tony: (bursting out laughing) That's right! And I just make sure to wear my lucky underwear, drink a gallon of coffee, and recite my "Captain's Mantra."

Oprah: And what's that, Tony?

Tony: (serious tone) "May the odds be ever in my favour."

Shadow Man: (laughing) The key to success on the field is having heart and a fierce determination, just like William Wallace in "Brave Heart".

Oprah: (nodding) That's great insight, Shadow Man. Well, with Shadow Man's quick feet and Tony's lucky underwear, I'm sure it'll be a great game. Thanks for the chat, gentlemen.

------------------------

Also this weekend we are celebrating a smaller milestone for Cap

As Cap gears up for his 100th game with the Las Vegas Bears, it's a moment to reflect on his unwavering commitment to the sport, but also to revel in his infectious personality and joie de vivre.

Cap's career has been a blend of skill, hard work, and, of course, a healthy dose of humor. From his first Mateflon Medal win, where he credited his trusty right boot for doing all the heavy lifting, to his cheeky antics on the field,
Cap has become a fan-favorite for his quick wit and quick feet.

But Cap's larger-than-life personality extends beyond just the SFA, as he's known to be an avid fan of the "Bear in the Big Blue House." In fact, many have said that Cap embodies the spirit of the beloved bear - always up for a good time and a great story. And when it comes to getting the party started, Cap has been known to belt out a mean rendition of "Barbie Girl" by Aqua.

So here's to Cap, the life of the party in the Bears changerooms and a true devotee of the "Bear in the Big Blue House." May your next 100 games for the Bears be just as filled with laughter, goals, and Mateflon Medals.

Achievements: 2x Bears BnF Winner (S29 & S32), 3x Bears Leading Goalkicker & Best Forward (S32, S33, S34)

Cap Stats.png

Cap and Shadow Man.png
Thanks to JoshWoodenSpoon for this wonderful graphic of Cap & Shadow Man driving down the streets of Las Vegas to the thunderous applause of the Las Vegas fans.​

Last edited:

Cool story, I've been here close to 10 seasons and never seen him post.

That being said, congratulations for being part of a team to weak to delist you Shadow Man

You are in the top 5 of my favourite Bears posters of all time.
I'm a first year Rookie and I've never heard of you.

Outside our trips to the bowling rink.

The Big Lebowski Film GIF by The Good Films

Cool story, I've been here close to 10 seasons and never seen him post.

Once you reach season 15 they let you into a secret room where cooney pens expansive thinkpieces, okeydoke7 gathers his peers around a camofire and commends them for their contributions, Kennedy Parker expresses (through interpretive dance) his glee at how posters and the wider world make his spirit soar, Headless is sincere, and Ljp86 runs around naked hollering like a chaotic beast.

Once you reach season 15 they let you into a secret room where cooney pens expansive thinkpieces, okeydoke7 gathers his peers around a camofire and commends them for their contributions, Kennedy Parker expresses (through interpretive dance) his glee at how posters and the wider world make his spirit soar, Headless is sincere, and Ljp86 runs around naked hollering like a chaotic beast.
:gigglev1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

smartselect_20190901-164826_chrome.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back