VFL The VFL Thread Part II - [Wildcard Round (7 v 10) Melbourne v North Melbourne, Sunday 27 Aug, 2.45pm, Casey Fields]

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Curtis was told he needs to apply more defensive pressure and that would be his focus for this game.

He has 6 tackles halfway through the 2nd quarter
The intent is there.

How is this thread going the way of a Tsatas-Wardlaw-Humphrey discussion?

We ended up with the best 2 players and the suggestion is we should have picked Tsatas or Humphrey? :laughing:

Notice how well we've performed the last 2 weeks with Wardlaw's pure presence at the coal face? Tsatas is an accumulator who struggles by foot, lacks composure and applies no defensive pressure, if you've watched this game then you've seen that play out.

Regarding Humphrey, I was crapping on about him very early days before most had even heard of him - he's not in the same tier as Wardlaw.

Anyway I'm probably not helping.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We ended up with the best 2 players and the suggestion is we should have picked Tsatas or Humphrey? :laughing:

Notice how well we've performed the last 2 weeks with Wardlaw's pure presence at the coal face? Tsatas is an accumulator who struggles by foot, lacks composure and applies no defensive pressure, if you've watched this game then you've seen that play out.

Regarding Humphrey, I was crapping on about him very early days before most had even heard of him - he's not in the same tier as Wardlaw.

Haven’t watched much of Tsatas, but he seems very outside. Nice pace though.

Humphries is doing really well, but he seems to be getting by because of his size, intent and pace. If Wardlaw is better, then boy o boy.

Drury been really good this last ten minutes had some really nice kicks.

Lazz also instrumental in the comeback.
I'm not too sure how many more chances he will get at the top level, but I do feel for the bloke; he gets a crack on the back of good form as a centreman in the 2s, and gets dropped into a forward pocket on promotion. I'm not suggesting he would get mid time in the seniors, it just must be hard to grab a chance when you've not played the role

It's on afl.com.au

Just a joke as the commentators were pro *

Only one Nuffie that thinks he knows more Than the experts and even the players themselves have said warlord is a gun

Remove this Banner Ad

Back