The war on religious freedom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why a religious beliefs are given anymore credence that the KKKs or the Nazi's.

Baking cakes = educating kids?

Yes and no. I think this is an example of the concept "leave me alone, and in return, I will leave you alone". I don't think you can force a religious baker to bake a pro-gay marriage cake any more than you can force a gay baker to decorate a cake with a message against gay marriage. You'd just go to another baker who was more aligned with your views. Similarly, it would be stupid to go into a kosher or halal butcher and complain that they don't sell pork.

In terms of educating kids, personally I think it is a terrible idea for religious schools to turn away kids based on their sexual preference. For starters, I'm not sure how you would go about determining a student's sexual preference to begin with as they may still be working out their own sexuality. And there's an argument that it may be better off exposing kids to some diversity while they are at school in order to educate them, rather than trying to shelter them from those who are different from them. The supply of education is a bit different to the supply of goods and services by a local business such as a bakery or a butcher shop where customers have many alternatives to choose from. While there might be both private and public schools, not everyone who goes to a private school is religious. ScoMo has since said he is uncomfortable with the idea and that's one reason why I don't think we have a pressing need for "religious freedom" laws in general.

Not at all. Discrimination shouldnt be allowed in this country no matter the organised religion.

There all as bad as each other.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
We tiptoe around islam and judaism as if they deserve extra special care like a child with a mental disability,but s**t ourselves in calling it a mental disability!
Islam and Judaism and Christianity are mental disabilities,plain and simple!
Moses,Noah,Abraham did not exist!
Jesus of Nazareth is as real as Rock Balboa and then we get Mohammed,the bastard child that idolised the gay Macedonian conqueror Alexander,funnily enough,Mo was a cross dressing bi-sexual that had an insatiable appetite for children and goats according to the quran,Hadith and sunnah.
Either that,or it’s all bullshit,I prefer to believe in the latter myself,none of what was written in Palestine during 1000 B.C and 700 A.D claimed as “revelation” never happened,it’s bullshit wrapped up in stupidity and sold to *******s claiming superiority!
We should eviscerate this from society, or take away their tax free status,I don’t want my hard work paying for their campaigner ideas anymore!
I will however work hard for young people that identify as gay,lesbian,trans etc.
They deserve respect,not some middle eastern campaigner idea!
Peace for kids,not old campaigners divisive s**t brain farts!

We tiptoe around islam and judaism as if they deserve extra special care like a child with a mental disability,but s**t ourselves in calling it a mental disability!
Islam and Judaism and Christianity are mental disabilities,plain and simple!
Moses,Noah,Abraham did not exist!
Jesus of Nazareth is as real as Rock Balboa and then we get Mohammed,the bastard child that idolised the gay Macedonian conqueror Alexander,funnily enough,Mo was a cross dressing bi-sexual that had an insatiable appetite for children and goats according to the quran,Hadith and sunnah.
Either that,or it’s all bullshit,I prefer to believe in the latter myself,none of what was written in Palestine during 1000 B.C and 700 A.D claimed as “revelation” never happened,it’s bullshit wrapped up in stupidity and sold to *******s claiming superiority!
We should eviscerate this from society, or take away their tax free status,I don’t want my hard work paying for their campaigner ideas anymore!
I will however work hard for young people that identify as gay,lesbian,trans etc.
They deserve respect,not some middle eastern campaigner idea!
Peace for kids,not old campaigners divisive s**t brain farts!
That's fine.

I'm not picking on one religion, as they are all ****ed.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yes and no. I think this is an example of the concept "leave me alone, and in return, I will leave you alone". I don't think you can force a religious baker to bake a pro-gay marriage cake any more than you can force a gay baker to decorate a cake with a message against gay marriage. You'd just go to another baker who was more aligned with your views. Similarly, it would be stupid to go into a kosher or halal butcher and complain that they don't sell pork.

In terms of educating kids, personally I think it is a terrible idea for religious schools to turn away kids based on their sexual preference. For starters, I'm not sure how you would go about determining a student's sexual preference to begin with as they may still be working out their own sexuality. And there's an argument that it may be better off exposing kids to some diversity while they are at school in order to educate them, rather than trying to shelter them from those who are different from them. The supply of education is a bit different to the supply of goods and services by a local business such as a bakery or a butcher shop where customers have many alternatives to choose from. While there might be both private and public schools, not everyone who goes to a private school is religious. ScoMo has since said he is uncomfortable with the idea and that's one reason why I don't think we have a pressing need for "religious freedom" laws in general.
Scott Morrison is an Evangelical Christian,he believes a Jew died and came back to life,walked around a bit,saw a few friends and then flew up to Disneyland in the sky!
He’s a ******* idiot!

I like Nassim Taleb's approach, which he posted on Twitter recently:

Neither the minority nor the majority should be able to impose their preferences on others.

This would solve a lot of these issues IMO. I've been on BF long enough to know that people will never agree on everything. Heck, our board is still arguing about the Tom Mitchell trade two years after it happened. ;)

Sit back....those institutions will/are destroying themselves
They hijacked spirituality....turned love into hate
2day I watched them on the back foot fighting for the right 2 expel children from schools because they are gay
No,I won’t merely sit back,I am raising two children that will bear witness long after I’m gone and their job is to fight the fight to bring about the downfall of all organised cults masquerading as religious orders!
Their time is limited and they know it,why else would they try to pass these laws?
Pakistan with the help of every other Islamic nation has tried through numerous resolutions in the U.N to outlaw blasphemy in all sovereign nations!
Pakistan for *s sake!
A country annexed,I mean stolen from a population of polytheistic peaceful peoples and turned into a cousin ******* bunch of inbred degenerate imbecilic dust investors!
They are currently shitting on us in cricket somewhere in the gulf!
Why do we even engage with these people?
We give their ideas oxygen!
We finally woke up to the South African hate,why not middle eastern and Sub-Continental?
It’s time to discriminate,proper good!

No,I won’t merely sit back,I am raising two children that will bear witness long after I’m gone and their job is to fight the fight to bring about the downfall of all organised cults masquerading as religious orders!
Their time is limited and they know it,why else would they try to pass these laws?
Pakistan with the help of every other Islamic nation has tried through numerous resolutions in the U.N to outlaw blasphemy in all sovereign nations!
Pakistan for ****s sake!
A country annexed,I mean stolen from a population of polytheistic peaceful peoples and turned into a cousin ******* bunch of inbred degenerate imbecilic dust investors!
We finally woke up to the South African hate,why not middle eastern and Sub-Continental?
Um, the cricket is pretty close actually.

This is the second time this week (that I’m aware of) where Bolt’s actually on the side of good, battling against the dark, sinister, and evil forces gripping Australia.

Scott Morrison is an Evangelical Christian,he believes a Jew died and came back to life,walked around a bit,saw a few friends and then flew up to Disneyland in the sky!
He’s a ******* idiot!
Pretty weird isnt it. Hope they dont teach it or aboriginal culture/religion in schools. That s**t is a truly moronic cult.
Imagine thinking you're a potato, descended from other potatoes, and that rock over there might be your ancestor or created other potatoes.
Even hindu's worshipping cow s**t doesnt rate low enough to compete with our home grown morons.

He’s a ******* idiot!
His cult is more dangerous than most, but he is not on his own in Parliament.
There are a lot of Politicians who are members of their own cult versions and are openly proud of their "faith"
I distrust anyone who can be conned by religion, because it tells me those people refuse to look at the evidence or the science but instead believe in something that is patently ridiculous and without any foundation.
That being the case, why would we want those same people making decisions on our behalf

(Log in to remove this ad.)

43879286_1463312050469014_5064673066630512640_n.jpg

We should be extremely distrustful of Pentacostal influence in the Liberal Party. These are not people you want near the levers of state.

Aren't they bolstering the laws so that it would restrict the ability of religious schools to use existing laws to discriminate against teachers and students based on their sexual orientation or gender identity?

Changes that were rejected under the Gillard 'levers of state'.

Significant political and public debate has occurred this week about the right of private schools to expel students on the basis of their sexuality, following leaks of the recommendations from the Ruddock Religious Freedom Review.

The Law Council of Australia’s President-elect, Arthur Moses SC, said while specific exemptions to anti-discrimination laws existed in certain jurisdictions, no blanket exception applied.

THE LAW COUNCIL OF AUSTRALIA

I think he might need a history lesson. Since the Reformation, "Christian values" have been characterised by a separation of church and state in the West. Never conflate religion and legal system.

Pakistan for ****s sake!

They actually shot themselves in the foot
After the inquiry was released and everyone found out that they had the power to kick out students and teachers, their was a revolt..... and now they are losing that power.....at least the student part.
Sit back and watch these institutions of book burning, kiddie fiddling and hate mongering become more irrelevant....at least here

On the other side
The live press conference on ABC today with Moriscum announcing they are open 2 moving the embassy 2 Jerusalem
A press conference announcing nothing but they are open minded......bla
Yes its a shameful bi-election move 2 lock in the 14% ? jewz in wentworth
But still...Netanyahu has been dropping bombs on hospitals and schools in Palestine, regularly killing kids.
Getting support from USA and most allies....why ? religious ideology ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back