The war on religious freedom.

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL these muppets will never get it.

40% of the population identify as no religion or undecided. When I was born that was about 20%. Give it another 10 or 20 years and it will be 60 or 70%.

Of the ~50% that say they are Christian, they are split into Catholics and Anglicans and all those other tinpot ones and they all have a different view on everything, the overall percentage is dropping every census and the majority of them don't take it seriously anyway. We're not America where most people actually go to church to praiiiiiise Jesus. People claim they are Catholic and go to church at Christmas and Easter so they don't feel guilty.

Crap like this:

Recommendation 5
The Commonwealth should amend the Sex Discrimination Act 1984 to provide that religious schools can discriminate in relation to the employment of staff, and the engagement of contractors, on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or relationship status provided that:

• The discrimination is founded in the precepts of the religion.
  • The school has a publicly available policy outlining its position in relation to the matter and explaining how the policy will be enforced.
  • The school provides a copy of the policy in writing to employees and contractors and prospective employees and contractors.

Won't fly with most people. You get to discriminate because you believe in something made up that says you can? Why have the laws in the first place?

Religion is not an excuse. If you hate gays or blacks or trans or whatever then just own it FFS.

40% of the population identify as no religion or undecided. When I was born that was about 20%. Give it another 10 or 20 years and it will be 60 or 70%.

Of the ~50% that say they are Christian, they are split into Catholics and Anglicans and all those other tinpot ones and they all have a different view on everything, the overall percentage is dropping every census and the majority of them don't take it seriously anyway. We're not America where most people actually go to church to praiiiiiise Jesus. People claim they are Catholic and go to church at Christmas and Easter so they don't feel guilty.

Crap like this:

Won't fly with most people. You get to discriminate because you believe in something made up that says you can? Why have the laws in the first place?

Religion is not an excuse. If you hate gays or blacks or trans or whatever then just own it FFS.
Maybe if they want to discriminate against not employing a 'type' of staff then make it clear, no public funding. I wonder how that would affect them?

Maybe if they want to discriminate against not employing a 'type' of staff then make it clear, no public funding. I wonder how that would affect them?

Religious discrimination goes both ways.

If I can refuse to hire or serve you because I don't like gays then you can refuse to hire or serve me because you don't like religious fundies. It's a completely fair and equitable scenario.

The only way that sort of discrimination being lawful would be in any way palatable to me would be if the organisations who practiced it had to publicly advertise that they were doing it so that anyone who wanted to could avoid patronising them. And of course no such organisation should receive any public funding. In that circumstance the public could make their own judgement about it.

I don't know how any conservative could object to any of that, either.

Crap like this:

Ad of those 60% who say they are religious it's only around 40% of that that are actually practicing.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The only way that sort of discrimination being lawful would be in any way palatable to me would be if the organisations who practiced it had to publicly advertise that they were doing it so that anyone who wanted to could avoid patronising them. And of course no such organisation should receive any public funding. In that circumstance the public could make their own judgement about it.

I don't know how any conservative could object to any of that, either.
They would/should lose public funding and any and all tax breaks.

Religious discrimination goes both ways.

If I can refuse to hire or serve you because I don't like gays then you can refuse to hire or serve me because you don't like religious fundies. It's a completely fair and equitable scenario.
You/those sort of places don't receive public funding.

Bravo Liberty Victoria.:thumbsu:

SUYltbQ.jpg

LV Sub to Religious Freed Rev (inc Appendix) 14022018 web.pdf

Damn straight, you’re ridiculous beliefs afford “you” or “you’re” particular brand of insanity, any “special” rights and or “privileges”.
Order is evolved and resolved and restored to our fair state!
* you Scott happy hand clapper twice sacked Morrison.
See ya’ at the next election campaigner!

They want the right to indoctrinate kids any parent stupid enough to leave with them

They know how malleable kids are so they insidiously campaign like hell so that no one gets to indoctrinate kids wit views they don’t like

Even those who might dilute the whole message are not welcome

These don’t qualify as ‘rights’ in my moral compass

Bravo Liberty Victoria.:thumbsu:

SUYltbQ.jpg

LV Sub to Religious Freed Rev (inc Appendix) 14022018 web.pdf

Dayum they should end with a mic drop

The age where religious organisations think they can use freedom of religion as an excuse to receive special treatment, be unaccountable for their actions and discriminate against others are over

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn straight, you’re ridiculous beliefs afford “you” or “you’re” particular brand of insanity, any “special” rights and or “privileges”.
Order is evolved and resolved and restored to our fair state!
**** you Scott happy hand clapper twice sacked Morrison.
See ya’ at the next election campaigner!
You’re so excitable Bradley. It’s less than five months to the election. For you and your mates on here it will feel like two years.

You’re so excitable Bradley. It’s less than five months to the election. For you and your mates on here it will feel like two years.

Did you enjoy your Yuletide Saturnalia stolen holiday/festive season jesus cult boy?

They want the right to indoctrinate kids any parent stupid enough to leave with them

They know how malleable kids are so they insidiously campaign like hell so that no one gets to indoctrinate kids wit views they don’t like

Even those who might dilute the whole message are not welcome

These don’t qualify as ‘rights’ in my moral compass
It’s flat out child abuse and should be outlawed!

Isnt the percentage of Australians who are religious around the 60%?
And actual practicing of those religions is much much less.

Soon they will be looked at as they should be.

A cult, large ones for sure, but cults none the less.

Many studies predict the long decline over more than a century. In fact there was rapid building of anglican churches in the 1800s in england to try and stave off the methodist threat. There was decline even then (though not in methodism apparently).

But as noted recently, at the same time that the number of Practising Christians is declining, 'Christian' values are increasing in the rest of the population.

The funniest thing is that because of his own rank incompetence it's unlikely that Morrison will be able to do anything about this, something that was probably number one on his agenda on becoming PM and will be left to yell and scream in opposition about any changes that Labor might make when he f***ed up his own chance to do anything.

Many studies predict the long decline over more than a century. In fact there was rapid building of anglican churches in the 1800s in england to try and stave off the methodist threat. There was decline even then (though not in methodism apparently).

But as noted recently, at the same time that the number of Practising Christians is declining, 'Christian' values are increasing in the rest of the population.
"Christian Values"
Would that be:
* Oppressing Minorities
* Wiping out other 'inferior' Religions
* Denying Homosexuality
* Starting Wars in the name of God
* Putting to Death 'Non-Believers'

Did you enjoy your Yuletide Saturnalia stolen holiday/festive season jesus cult boy?
I believe in God because there’s no doubt that there has to be an intelligent designer. I’m not sure if I buy the Jesus story. I’ll leave that for someone else to prove one way or the other Bradley.
There’s no such thing as chicks with dicks Bradley, only guys with ****.

I believe in God because there’s no doubt that there has to be an intelligent designer. I’m not sure if I buy the Jesus story. I’ll leave that for someone else to prove one way or the other Bradley.
There’s no such thing as chicks with dicks Bradley, only guys with ****.
There is no designer and chicks with dicks are blokes, I think we can agree on that.
I don’t buy into the whole gender thing, it bores me to tears arguing with new wave sociology identity nonsense!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back