Moved Thread Pressure mounts on Dockers to give Woodside sponsorship the heave ho

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
What are the Dockers thinking? They have a duty of care to their members imo.

'The Fremantle Dockers are under increasing pressure to ditch their $2 million sponsorship deal with oil and gas titan Woodside, with an 8000-strong petition presented to the club’s headquarters on Monday.

Woodside has sponsored the Dockers since the 2010 season with the current deal due to expire in October.'

Last edited:

If we delve into the archives of any organisation that has been around for longer than 5 minutes, no doubt they could all be labelled as racist, sexist or homophobic.
Nah, another poor argument. Anyway this is about Feo taking money off a known gas spruiker and destroyer of cultural sites.

I wasn’t aware that Netball Australia were in financial trouble? Oh that’s right, they’re actually in a solid position now.

Geez I hate when people use s**t buzzwords that make no absolutely sense.

Yes. Government bailouts are always a sign of great strength.

Richmond sponsors:
KFC - in a country nearly as fat as America
Furphy and Jim Beam - alcohol destroys how many lives?
crypto.com - pyramid schemers
Pepsi - cos the salt and fat from KFC needs to be washed down by diabetes causing drinks

Yes. Government bailouts are always a sign of great strength.

Richmond sponsors:
KFC - in a country nearly as fat as America
Furphy and Jim Beam - alcohol destroys how many lives?
crypto.com - pyramid schemers
Pepsi - cos the salt and fat from KFC needs to be washed down by diabetes causing drinks
Destroying the planet is pretty bad though don't you think?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some high profile supporters spoke up in October last year.

The supporters say the club's good name is being "used" by the company.

5b46a656cb68e96dc0b2ff6df5928517 (1).jpeg

From left to right: Dockers fans Alex Hillman, Dale Kickett, Gerard McNeill, Gillian O’Shaughnessy, Dr Bill Hare and Carmen Lawrence.

"We should not allow our club's good name to be used by a corporation to enhance its reputation when its core activities are so clearly threatening our planet."

Some high profile supporters spoke up in October last year.

The supporters say the club's good name is being "used" by the company.

View attachment 1762317

From left to right: Dockers fans Alex Hillman, Dale Kickett, Gerard McNeill, Gillian O’Shaughnessy, Dr Bill Hare and Carmen Lawrence.

"We should not allow our club's good name to be used by a corporation to enhance its reputation when its core activities are so clearly threatening our planet."
Picture of 6 people.

I'm sure Freo have tens of thousands of members?

What are the Dockers thinking? They have a duty of care to their members imo.

'The Fremantle Dockers are under increasing pressure to ditch their $2 million sponsorship deal with oil and gas titan Woodside, with an 8000-strong petition presented to the club’s headquarters on Monday.

Woodside has sponsored the Dockers since the 2010 season with the current deal due to expire in October.'

One way to look at companies like Woodside is they are evil.

Another, they support our way of life, including providing light at Freo training and night matches.

Another way is supporting companies like Woodside transition over the next 50 years to have a larger and larger green footprint, will make far more difference to the globe than anything else.

Personally I don't like to point the fingers at companies like Woodside for consumers choices. If you have a car, a computing device, eat food or wear clothes; it is a huge chance your supporting Woodside or competitors products.

One way to look at companies like Woodside is they are evil.

Another, they support our way of life, including providing light at Freo training and night matches.

Another way is supporting companies like Woodside transition over the next 50 years to have a larger and larger green footprint, will make far more difference to the globe than anything else.

Personally I don't like to point the fingers at companies like Woodside for consumers choices. If you have a car, a computing device, eat food or wear clothes; it is a huge chance your supporting Woodside or competitors products.
They provide the lights? That's a choice , you don't need coal or gas to provide the lights.
Everyone who lives in the modern workd uses electricty, it's not the consumers fault.
It is the fault of the polluters, their lobby groups and the polititions they donate to.
Sorry , but a poor argument.
Freo have a choice to promote an emmiter, or get another sponsor.
Consumers don't have that choice.

I wasn’t aware that Netball Australia were in financial trouble? Oh that’s right, they’re actually in a solid position now.

Geez I hate when people use s**t buzzwords that make no absolutely sense.
What the * are you on about? They are in a horrid financial state still. Collingwood team gone, West Coast Fever a decent chance of not going on next year too unless WA Govt puts funding in. No collective bargaining agreement in place and a emergency agreement was needed in order to get the players to play through the World Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back