Mega Thread The Welcome Thread - If you're new (or old) to BigFooty introduce yourself here

Remove this Banner Ad

1) How did you come to be a Pies fan? Both parents supported Collingwood, dad had family play for Glenorchy, mum had family who played for Scottsdale and Glenorchy so they supported Collingwood as they were also Magpies. I was also a big fan of Peter Daicos as a kid, he helped me with my love of Collingwood.
2) How old were you when you went to/watched your first game? I went to my first Collingwood game in 2014, I've only ever watched them on the TV, I remember the mid to late 1980's so would've been around then.
3) Who's your favourite Collingwood player? Jack Crisp, Jamie Elliott, Darcy Moore and Brody Mihochek.
4) What is your favourite Collingwood moment? Aside from the 1990, and 2010 premierships, one would've been the Didak Shimmy, also Peter Daicos' goal in 1990. Can't also go past the Heath Shaw smother. So many great moments. Side note, I still love watching Jack Anthony's goal against Adelaide, as well as Tarrant's...

Hey how's things? Good to see you around.

Great, pretty much married with a heap of step kids and a grandkid these days.

Living almost 4 hours from Melbourne on a few acres in a small country town. Still upsetting people without even trying, but definitely older and wiser.

Living almost 4 hours from Melbourne on a few acres in a small country town. Still upsetting people without even trying, but definitely older and wiser.
Meh. It's fun upsetting people.
Enjoy your family and country life.

Hi Folks, I was posting on here earlier this year under user ID #23 Hill

But had to deactivate my account because I was spending too much time online, you only have to see how many posts I clocked up in the time I had that account to see. Anywho, being Grand Final week and all I just had to get back on.

Hi Folks, I was posting on here earlier this year under user ID #23 Hill

But had to deactivate my account because I was spending too much time online, you only have to see how many posts I clocked up in the time I had that account to see. Anywho, being Grand Final week and all I just had to get back on.
Is there a reason you’re not using your old account?

I remember you from Nick's forum. Speaking of Nick's, it seems very appropriate to have a Collingwood forum called Nick's these days.

Is there a reason you’re not using your old account?
Can you message me so I can reply with an explanation?

*I just tried to message you back and the system wouldn't let me. But as I said up thread, I'm not posting under my old ID because I deactivated it because i'd been spending too much time online.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi all, long time reader but just joined.
It’s great to have a community to celebrate, talk tactics and /or debrief with!
My whole family are Collingwood supporters and I had the honour of kicking a point and bleeding on Victoria Park a few decades ago in an under 15s match.
Anyway thanks for all who contribute here! Bring on no. 16 tomorrow!

I've been on here for about a year now, joining in on the trade and draft talk. I think I've annoyed a few on here but I'm the sort of person who says what I think, I'm an honest person with no filter 😬
I have a dry sense of humour and I like to make people laugh. I'm naturally a kind person but will bite if someone is negative towards me 😉
I'm learning heaps from all the posts.
I'm from Tassie but grew up in Melbourne in the 70's and 80's. Funnily enough, Collingwood wasn't my first team, but I saw the light at the age of 11 with mums new boyfriend talking me into going for Collingwood. Thank the gods he came along. I bleed b&w and the team I used to go for is our arch enemy, don't hold that against me, I was 5 when I chose them 😬
I was one of the first females in field force in the Army, what a bad move that was!
I played football with the boys in Oatlands in 1984, yes they let me play haha, I played as FB and took a screamer, so proud 😆 before they said I couldn't play with them anymore, other girls wanted to play so they had no choice, I was grateful for the experience, they even gave me a trophy 😆
I played Rugby Union for a couple of years in 2005 before too many injuries saw me retire from sports.
Softball was my specialty but if I was 30yrs younger, I would be playing Aussie rules for sure.
I'm open minded, I think outside the box and I love to research a lot of different and out of the ordinary things.
The first game I watched was in 1981 when we flogged Richmond and Peter Daicos kicked 9 goals, a memory I'll treasure forever.
My favourite player was Peter Moore back in the day, Daicos was the next.

A case of history repeating slightly.
Before 2010 did not know about BF.
Lurked for some time possibly during 2010, joined in 2011 (username slightly different maybe). I was on BF from my work PC, so lost login details when I left that employer. Didn’t post much 2011-2016.
Started lurking again last year and got a login now so here I am.

Always have been Collingwood.
My family not really into it - any sport actually. My brother who is 10 years older leans Collingwood. I remember him talking about Daicos and Moore. I think the first Collingwood scarf I had was the one I found at my uncles/aunts place in Greece when I was there with mum in 1988. I could be mistaken. Both cousins were born in Australia but moved back to Greece before I was born in 1981.

1989 Grand Final is the first game I remember watching - especially the last quarter. Was definitely hooked on footy then. 1990 was the first full season I followed Collingwood. Listened to most of the games on radio, and watching the replays on Saturday nights on channel 7.

Wasn’t until year 7 that I went to a match for the first time. Lived in Wheeler’s Hill, so was no more than a 5 minute drive from Waverley/AFL Park. I believe it was an Anzac Day game on a Saturday against Hawthorn. Collingwood lost by 8 or 9 goals. Daicos kicked a massive torpedo from 70 on the outer flank. Didn’t get to another match until the next year against Melbourne and again lost.

Had some DIY style Collingwood posters on my bedroom door in the early 90s.

Started going to Collingwood games again at the G and docklands sometime around 2003-2005.

Less said about 2002/2003, 2011, 2018 the better.

This year my brother messaged me sometime after the grand final saying he’s seeing people walking around London in Collingwood jumpers.

As for favourite player/s:
Anyone who played in 1990 home and away plus finals for 2-3 years following.
Big Sav, Buckley, Taz, Burns etc.
Pendles is one of a kind, making players freeze like salivating dogs eying off a bone whilst he dishes off. Dont really have a favourite. It’s club/team mentality for me.
There’s a new batch of premiership players now, so they’re all my favourite.

Favourite moments are all the premierships, all for different reasons.

NB. 1990 also had Italia 90 World Cup, spent most of the year playing the round ball game at school.
Also started following Liverpool in the 1st Division as it was then, and Miami Dolphins in the NFL. 1990 was a sporty sort of year.

My family are Tigers supporters. Convinced in the 1960's to support the Pies. It worked out really well.

Went to first game when under 10 years old.

Favourite players at the moment are Darcy Moore and the Daicos's as saw their father's play.

One of the best footy moments was in the 2010 drawn GF when Ben Johnson saved the game near the end by using his body as a ram.

Follow the Pats in the NFL, however our era of dominance appears to be over for now.

Read a bit of Sci Fi and Sci Fantasy, listen to music and see bands, listen to creepy pasta and SCP readings. More of a geek than a nerd. Do hot yoga and been learning Kung Fu for over 10 years.

Last edited:
With coaching panel locked in, is Skipworth also Ruck coach along with Senior assistant/midfield coach?

Or we still missing a Ruck coach?

Do we need a ruck coach?

I have been following this forum and the opinions shared on it for at least the past 5 years.

The time has come for me to get off the sidelines and to contribute to the discussion.

I started following the Pies from about age 10. The connection to the Pies came from my father who was taken to the footy by business contacts in Melbourne to see the Pies, this is where he became a supporter of the Pies which has been passed down to me and then from me to my kids.

My favourite player growing up was Nathan Buckley, a great player who unfortunately never achieved the ultimate success as a player or coach (as yet anyway - he is still young and may have another crack).

Growing up in Sydney we didn’t get to see the Pies too often but my first memories were seeing the Pies play the Swans at the SCG.

Best memories would have to be the Premierships, 1990, 2010 and of course 2023. We did attend the 2010 drawn grand final which to be honest was a hollow feeling, we didn’t know whether to celebrate or commiserate. Regretfully, we had spent all our funds to get down from Qld for the first GF and couldn’t get back to watch the replay for the ultimate success.

Last years premiership was especially sweet, having been subjected to abuse and ridicule from Lions supporters in 2002 and 2003 whilst being the only Pies supporter in the pub, it was especially sweet to get one back last year.

I am confident that we can go back to back in 2024. We have a great coaching team, first class fitness and a stable board and club plus an exciting list mixed with youth and experience.

Floreat Pica.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have been following this forum and the opinions shared on it for at least the past 5 years.

The time has come for me to get off the sidelines and to contribute to the discussion.

I started following the Pies from about age 10. The connection to the Pies came from my father who was taken to the footy by business contacts in Melbourne to see the Pies, this is where he became a supporter of the Pies which has been passed down to me and then from me to my kids.

My favourite player growing up was Nathan Buckley, a great player who unfortunately never achieved the ultimate success as a player or coach (as yet anyway - he is still young and may have another crack).

Growing up in Sydney we didn’t get to see the Pies too often but my first memories were seeing the Pies play the Swans at the SCG.

Best memories would have to be the Premierships, 1990, 2010 and of course 2023. We did attend the 2010 drawn grand final which to be honest was a hollow feeling, we didn’t know whether to celebrate or commiserate. Regretfully, we had spent all our funds to get down from Qld for the first GF and couldn’t get back to watch the replay for the ultimate success.

Last years premiership was especially sweet, having been subjected to abuse and ridicule from Lions supporters in 2002 and 2003 whilst being the only Pies supporter in the pub, it was especially sweet to get one back last year.

I am confident that we can go back to back in 2024. We have a great coaching team, first class fitness and a stable board and club plus an exciting list mixed with youth and experience.

Floreat Pica.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
I was at the 2002 and 2003 gf. In 2003 when we were getting beaten early I was besieged by that stinking lions chant. There was one person in particular who was especially offensive. At half time he was in front of me walking down the stairs To this day I regret not pushing him down them. Hope he was there last year, wallowing in misery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back