The West Coast Eagles are changing their team song

Remove this Banner Ad

Vics don't like our song ..well surprised

because they have been soooo unbiased in their views about us for 30 years
are u still crying about Kelly and trying to change the rules

If they are going to keep singing the old one after a win, what is the point of this?

:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: Talk about trying way too hard.

Seriously WTF

It's a way better song now - it's only the decrepit old timers complaining and the quicker they stay at home with their Zimmer frames the better.

I think this new song is way better than the ridiculous 1930's shanties common to so many of the "old" Vic clubs. It's 2020 not 1920.

So many complainers ... where do they all come from?

"Trying way too hard..." What does that even mean? And why would you care?

"A fighting fury, we're from Tiger land,
In any weather you will see us with a grin
,"

And that's an example of not trying at all! :tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Awful. They already had one of worst theme songs. Managed to make it THE worst.

From a club with "... watch the Bombers fly up" you can't be serious???

You do know that the AFL has moved beyond catering to drunk half-witted blokes who attended the footy to drink copious amounts of beer just to escape their families on the weekend.

The quicker we get rid of the "harden up" and the "bring back the biff" dimwits with their two line songs (good for drunks who can't remember much) - the better off we will all be.

Call me old school, but fu** this s**t, stick with the song we won our first flag with, i know i'm a dinosaur with my theory, but you have to keep some traditions.

This is all about cash and another way make money of the fans, guarantee the CD will be on the shelves at the club store as i type this.

"i know i'm a dinosaur with my theory"

Yep ... I agree with you on the dinosaur thing. For the club to keep growing and staying ahead - we now need the dinosaurs to move on.

Successful organisations change things to stay on top - they don't wait for consensus from the masses - it's too late then. That's why we are in another league compared to every other club when it comes to on field success, revenue and profit.

Management judgement at WCE is impeccable - and the evidence of that fact is there for all to see.

Watch how many clubs try and move to making their songs a tad more modern than their current 1930's shanties - bar shanties that were only suitable for drunken males who could only slur the same two lines over and over.

First thing I thought of when I heard it was the early 00s Telstra We are Australian TV ad.

Good for a promotional thing for memberships, marketing etc. As a theme song it's terrible. Really really bad.

My god that is terrible.

Am I the only one who didn't mind their song? It was a bit silly but at least it was somewhat catchy and sounded like a footy song.

This new version.....

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

I didn’t mind our song, has grown on me over the years. At the end of the day it’s just a footy club song but this new one is absolutely crap.

"i know i'm a dinosaur with my theory"

Yep ... I agree with you on the dinosaur thing. For the club to keep growing and staying ahead - we now need the dinosaurs to move on.

Successful organisations change things to stay on top - they don't wait for consensus from the masses - it's too late then. That's why we are in another league compared to every other club when it comes to on field success, revenue and profit.

Management judgement at WCE is impeccable - and the evidence of that fact is there for all to see.

Watch how many clubs try and move to making their songs a tad more modern than their current 1930's shanties - bar shanties that were only suitable for drunken males who could only slur the same two lines over and over.

Sorry mate but you are wrong. No Vic club will ever change their song.
And while we have done many great things we have hardly been impeccable.

Club footy songs don’t stand you apart from the rest in a sport environment, they are simply just a song. The crowd has sung our song loud and proud for years. Don’t change it just for the sake of change and certainly don’t change it thinking you are gaining something on other clubs because your won’t be and we have miserably failed here.

Bwhahaha, that’s hilarious.

maybe they felt sorry for us being stuck with our crudfest of a song?

what about, which song is better? eskimo joe freo theme or this new eagles theme

Remove this Banner Ad

Back