Aug 20, 2010
The Netherrealm
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Bayern, Chelsea FC, Raiders
  • Banned
7e3.jpg

Over the weekend, Fox confirmed that they were in the logistical phase of rebooting the series. That is to say, they were checking to make sure they could get all the original players back and available at the same time because, Fox promised, they’re not doing The X-Files without Mulder and Scully.

http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/2015/01/x-files-reboot-anderson-duchovny-on-board

Very interesting. Looks like it is genuinely happening.

Early days I know, but is the idea to just make more episodes? ie, continue where they left off from the series/movies?

A reboot would suggest going back and starting again.

it would be nice, but dont know how long it will last after the hype dies down. and Fox has a bad record with Sci-Fi other than this. the Early seasons of Fringe were a nice replacement. but i feel that it wont work as well now with out a big SFX budget.

Very interesting. Looks like it is genuinely happening.

Early days I know, but is the idea to just make more episodes? ie, continue where they left off from the series/movies?

A reboot would suggest going back and starting again.

i dont think a reboot, might be something like what the 3rd movie was going to be, with the links to a possible alien invasion in like 2011 or 12. and have the series either move the years or set it in 2010/11.

There was a thread a few months ago (I think) about TV shows you'd like to see return and the first show I mentioned was The X-Files because I'd like to know what happened to Moulder and Scully (I think that was the reason I gave). The Gods obviously listened to me.

For my next wish I'd like... A North Melbourne Premiership. Or Two. This decade.

After Californiacation, Mulder not Mulder any more. I can't imagine skully in push up bras either.

After Californiacation, Mulder not Mulder any more. I can't imagine skully in push up bras either.

I can! ( :p Y :p )

Might be good for a gander. In the last movie didn't they establish Mulder as living all by himself on a farm out in whoop-whoop somewhere with maps and crazy news articles pinned all over his walls? Or am I remembering that wrong?

Be good if the series runs from there. Mulder's got all these Anonymous-like hackers cracking government mainframes looking for the goods, evading PRISM and the like. He might have taken over publishing The Lone Gunman or something...

It could start in Iraq circa 2003, where moulders hears reports of the "voice of god" telling Iraqi troops to abandon their positions as the americans, Australians and Poms invaded. Then maybe he could investigate some form of monster living in clouds made by chemtrails in south east asia, that eats and destroys planes.

It could start in Iraq circa 2003, where moulders hears reports of the "voice of god" telling Iraqi troops to abandon their positions as the americans, Australians and Poms invaded. Then maybe he could investigate some form of monster living in clouds made by chemtrails in south east asia, that eats and destroys planes.

The 'Voice of God' weapon was an L.R.A.D (long range acoustic device) or 'directed sound'. It wasn't facilitated by chemtrails as far as I know...

dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA435642

2. Psychological and Physiological Conditions
a. Long Term Exposure

Long term exposure to high intensity noise can cause psychological and physiological damage. It was determined by developers of sonic technologies that playing a recording backward of a human baby crying is annoying to humans, and most will try to remove themselves from the proximity of the source. Couple this with the fact that high intensity noise levels can cause pain and discomfort to an individual, as well as permanent hearing loss, most individuals will choose to move out of the area or turn and run in the opposite direction entirely.

Loud sounds can cause an arousal response in which a series of reactions occur in the body. Adrenalin is released into the bloodstream; heart rate, blood pressure, and respiration tend to increase; gastrointestinal motility is inhibited; peripheral blood vessels constrict; and muscles tense. On the conscious level we are alerted and prepared to take action. Even though noise may have no relationship to danger, the body will respond automatically to noise as a warning signal.

Long term exposure to high intensity noise has a cumulative effect on an individual’s hearing. The longer you are exposed to a loud noise, the more damaging it may be. Also, the closer you are to the source of intense noise, the more damaging it is.

The longer an individual is in the LRAD beam, the more likely permanent hearing loss could occur. Since the sound is so intense and annoying, individuals will likely not stay in the beam long enough to cause permanent damage. The infliction of hearing loss is a non-lethal option if the individual that is being targeted is wanted for questioning and interrogation...

I like the idea of mini-series for this, we've had a bit of it before but the really good shows are the shorter season ones, a nice continued story arc over six episode would be fantastic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully it's good.

I'd be more excited if it was being made for FX rather than Fox.

Oh it's a continuation of the original series not a reboot. Makes sense to keep it on the same network then.

Lost is a good comparison, some argue that it went on for too long and perhaps got a bit too strange (ie, vanishing islands etc).

But I do feel The X-Files went on for perhaps 3 seasons too many, it ended up with 9 overall I believe?

Interesting to what concept they will work with for the new mini series. Wonder if they are revisiting the alien/colonization plotlines.

Gillian is still a 10/10, so I'm back onboard.

Also, +1 for Doggett. Seasons 8 and 9 are underrated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back