Movie Things I learnt from and movie trivia

Remove this Banner Ad

The iconic red stapler coveted by Milton was created for the film by the prop department. They needed a bright enough color to be seen on film and chose red. After the film was released, Swingline began to receive requests from customers for red staplers. Having stopped offering red several years before, they made the decision to start offering the color once more.

The "P.C. Load Letter" scene was not scripted. David Herman had more lines to say to Ron Livingston, but was interrupted by the photocopier jamming, and didn't understand what it meant.

Milton was actually based on an old co-worker that Mike Judge worked with during his days as an engineer. One day, Judge went to the man and asked him how he was doing, and the worker began talking about how he was going to quit his job because he was forced to move his desk around too many times.

After poor box-office performance, the movie gained cult status on video. Mike Judge has said more people talk to him about this movie than any project he has ever worked on. Judge was offered a chance to make a sequel, "Office Space 2: Still Renting", but said that he had been through enough anguish over the first one, that he didn't want to put himself through the experience again.

In addition to the red Swingline stapler, which became a reality, some fans of the film created their own "Jump to Conclusions" mat.

There was a scene cut from the film which showed Lumbergh reacting angrily to his Porsche getting towed. Gary Cole said he was glad the scene was taken out, because he felt the Lumbergh character needed to remain at the same emotional state at all times.

When Peter is in the meeting room, on the white board behind him there is a complicated flow chart titled "Planning to Plan."

The set for Chotchkie's is actually the restaurant "The Alligator Grille" in Austin, Texas. The Alligator Grille closed down as of 2009.

Chotchkie's is a take-off on the popular T.G.I. Friday's restaurant chain. The T.G.I. Friday's waiting staff wear striped shirts and suspenders adorned with buttons and name tags. The restaurants themselves are frequently decorated with assorted knick-knacks and memorabilia. A reference is made to T.G.I. Friday's when someone mentions "Thank God it's Friday" while at the restaurant.

As of October 2018, the term Ass-Clown was officially entered in the Webster's dictionary, crediting writer Mike Judge for first using it in Office Space.

The abbreviation TPS (as referenced in the infamous "TPS Report") is undefined in the final cut of the film. TPS is used in the software industry to stand for "Test Procedure Specification", which is a set of steps used by quality assurance testers to follow in testing a given software feature. Given this meaning, however, a "TPS Report" would make little sense. Mike Judge has said (after innumerable queries from fans) that he meant the abbreviation to stand for "Test Program Set".

Jennifer Aniston's character is named Joanna, which is Aniston's own middle name.

-hey so is mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno which is worse retail or office.. id go retail by a nose

Office.

Saw this again the other day.

Learnt apparently there are no conjugal visits and Minimum Security is no picnic.
If you're going to steal a fraction of a cent make sure you get your decimals right.
Love the interview scene with the two Bobs

That and the scene with the hypnotist.

Aged a bit but still some cracking lines

Remove this Banner Ad

Back